Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

4 hours ago, Dankboss said:

I think early game kicking your own objectives backwards will be more effective.

Edit:

Or go giga big brain mode and set up a trap by kicking it forwards.

Omega Brain: take multiple kraken eaters and kick objectives closer together so you can hold them with only 1 gargant.

• Like 2

I like the idea of the kraken eaters ability to punt objectives, and the relic lets you punt it 3d6 instead of 2d6 :D

But on the objective game and how to manipulate it some examples we have-

Knife to the heart- 2 Objectives Turn 3, if you control both you win. Potentially, if you just slowly move up your whole army kicking your objective as you go, by turn 3 when you get there you could just walk over their units take it and win.

Total Conquest- 4 objectives (1 pt for each you hold, 1 extra point for a leader unit within 6", +1 if you took the objective from your opponent) Since a kraken mega will count as 30, you could potentially yeet your objective a massive 18",  move up 17" with your max move and 6" run with a CP (Or charge instead if it's a better option), and score a whopping 5 VP turn 1 with 1 kraken eater (Very best case 😛 ) 

Battle for the pass- 4 objectives. 
THIS is an interesting one.
1 pt's for objectives in your deployment zone
2 pt's for neutral objectives
4 pt's for enemy deploymeny objectives.

Now people will usually just try and secure the enemy and hang a unit in the backline for easy points.
We throw the objective out of our deployment zone, THEY CAN NO LONGER SCORE THE 4VP/TURN. 
Kick central objective into their zone, we can now score 8 VP / TURN from enemy territory objectives. 

Scorched Earth- 8 objectives (we may be spread a BIT thin here...)
You can burn objectives you control in ENEMY TERRIOTORY. Shame if kraken eaters just threw them out and then you burned every objective

Focal points- 5 objectives, opposites captured = more vp. Kick those opposites close to one another, +1 for behemoths on objectives. A central objective is worth 2vp, if its gets kicked out of the centre is it still a central objective? 😛 

Better part of valor with 6 objectives needing battleline to capture and stay by them REALLY hurts us, it's almost unwinnable unless you run 3x3 or lower independant aleguzzlers and completely crush their battleline quickly. 

Going to need clarification on the battleplans that use alternate capturing methods.
"
Designer’s Note: If the battleplan being played does not follow the normal rules for controlling objectives, you can pick whether to use this battle trait or to follow the rules from the battleplan each time control of the objective is determined." Does this mean we supersede the capturing requirements if we choose not to use the battleplan rules?  

Edited by Moogypies

1 hour ago, Pitloze said:

Cheapest SoB army is 550 euro's. Good god. That's more than 2k Fyreslayers....

I just bought some Canoptek Reanimator to use as gargants. Cut all their cables and futuristic looking things, give them texture and a stone paintjob and use them as mechanical nightmares. The alternative is adding Destruction models to create a sort of a looted version of them. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

22 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

This is it lads!! Cannot wait to see everyones paint jobs and conversions when these drop, not to mention that juicy Gargant lore!!

Did you listen to the sample audio of the book? :D Lots of angry shouting giants

Edited by Moogypies

You know I'm a little dismayed that I just finished my 5 Stonehorns and Thundertusk Huskard as my big bad monster mash army.  Bloody hell.  Gonna have to get some overtime or my stocks have to recover to get in on this.

Moving objectives, single models counting as 20 or 30?!  These guys are gonna shake the meta big time.

1 hour ago, Izotzuhure said:

I just bought some Canoptek Reanimator to use as gargants. Cut all their cables and futuristic looking things, give them texture and a stone paintjob and use them as mechanical nightmares. The alternative is adding Destruction models to create a sort of a looted version of them. 

That sounds awesome! I was planning something similar using the titanworks as the back ground lore, can't wait to see what you make.

ELKm39PWsAA39k6.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So now people have seen all the allegiance videos etc what are people’s fav tribe?

for me it’s probably the stomper still running d3 command points and re roll saves on general then probably a Gatebreaker 3x1 and 1x3 Gargants. 

however the breaker tribe I also really like for the +1 hit vs command models and a general on 40 wounds with 6+ shrug although for breaker I kinda feel you just focus on multiple gatebreaker and Gargants so they all get the +1 hit. 

seems there’s a lot of love for kraken but I feel the shift in counts as won’t make a huge difference going 10-15 and 20-30 and the kicking objectives as others have broken down is quite limited by needing to be controlling it and within an inch.  

12 minutes ago, Grim Beasties said:

That sounds awesome! I was planning something similar using the titanworks as the back ground lore, can't wait to see what you make.

ELKm39PWsAA39k6.png

Uuuh, that sounds interesting. 

The idea is to give Harlequin jetbike masks as faces to lean on the creepyness. Then, use Doomstalkers as Mega-gargants and add bits at the top, plus an arm or something, to make them feel like walking altars. We'll see what they end up like haha

• LOVE IT! 1

the stomper artifact (Club of the First Ork i believe) of escaping death on a 4+ sound cool, maybe a bit swingy  but  also strong at the same time. rerolling saves on the other artifact sounds more useful overall but this one is such a go big or go home type artifact.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, novakai said:

man i want to do breaker just to destroy every Bone tithe nexus that comes around

I’m leaning towards stomper but probably run a gatebreaker as a second mega in it for his utility destroying terrain and making opponents not want to get cover saves whilst adding another nice snipe attack. 

I think if they kept the counts as 20 rule for the mercs, they'd be showing up in most armies just because of their ability to bully units off objectives and/ or move them. Considering that it's all about the objective game, breaking the rules the way Mega Gargants do would be too strong for Order/ Destruction to have to themselves. Even then, I wouldn't want to see them become a must take.