Sons of Behemat Discussion πŸ‘£

Gareth πŸ„

1 hour ago, Vurtias said:

Am I wrong i assuming the namedΒ  mercenary mega-gargants aren't that great in a SoB army? I feel like their extra rules are quite a hefty trade-off compared to the allegiance rule that lets them count as 20 models.

Losing out on mightier makes rightier and expending 1 CP does not seem worth the mercenary effects. The only decent mercenary effect is the warstomper one, but I still think the cons are way too severe to do this, in a sons army you need that model count, that is a primary strength. The merc abilities are just consolation prizes for armies adding them as mercs for both the CP cost and lack of other allegiance abilities.

Something I noticed while reading through the book is that Stomper tribe Generals can't use the command abilities to give themselves rerolls of 1 to hit or save. It states that stomper tribe generals are ONLY ALLOWED to use the command abilities listed in the allegiance page, and those only affect mancrushers.

3 minutes ago, robotnik_taco said:

Soooo, maybe I'm just being impatient, but is anyone else who preordered through gw still waiting for their stuff to even ship? Yes I know covid troubles, and yes I should have gone third party, just want my big guys.

In my experience GW doesn't ship things out on weekends, and if you order it to your address they won't ship until the release date (or more specifically the monday after, since they don't ship things out on saturdays).

26 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

In my experience GW doesn't ship things out on weekends, and if you order it to your address they won't ship until the release date (or more specifically the monday after, since they don't ship things out on saturdays).

Mine were ordered from GW and arrived at my house first thing Saturday morning

4 hours ago, Vurtias said:

Am I wrong i assuming the namedΒ  mercenary mega-gargants aren't that great in a SoB army? I feel like their extra rules are quite a hefty trade-off compared to the allegiance rule that lets them count as 20 models.

The Warstomper guy making people -1 to hit if he has attacked is kinda cool. I considered trying it out with a KE in Takers and then put Extremely Intimidating ontop. Could be fun to run those guys together and make the enemy -2 to hit.Β 

Grunnock as a merc seems pretty decent in some armies. I can see him having worth in StoD and Beasts of Chaos as an independent Hero who can do their own thing. At least, in my experience, StoD don't have a Hero outside of Archaon that can operate without an entourage following them everywhere they go, so having a big melee Hero like him is quite valuable. When you consider you can get Grunnock and 40 Marauders for the price of Archaon he actually looks pretty good. Also, StoD struggle with consistent rend -2. His earthquake is also absolutely huge, which can be used to protect your Marauders. The -1 CP isn't even that big a deal when you consider most StoD buffs aren't command abilities.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robotnik_taco said:

Soooo, maybe I'm just being impatient, but is anyone else who preordered through gw still waiting for their stuff to even ship? Yes I know covid troubles, and yes I should have gone third party, just want my big guys.

Β 

Edit: I'm in the US

I’m in Canada and the same No shipping email to date. Support is also 10 day delay on email answering. My friend did another pre order to store last week and it never came in. I guess they’re having some logistics issues. I know it’s first world problems but I want my big guys :(Β Β 

4 minutes ago, Dankboss said:

Grunnock as a merc seems pretty decent in some armies. I can see him having worth in StoD and Beasts of Chaos as an independent Hero who can do their own thing. At least, in my experience, StoD don't have a Hero outside of Archaon that can operate without an entourage following them everywhere they go, so having a big melee Hero like him is quite valuable. When you consider you can get Grunnock and 40 Marauders for the price of Archaon he actually looks pretty good. Also, StoD struggle with consistent rend -2. His earthquake is also absolutely huge, which can be used to protect your Marauders. The -1 CP isn't even that big a deal when you consider most StoD buffs aren't command abilities.

I think he can bring quite a bit to my chaosΒ dwarves as well. Who have great no rend damage output in fireborn but pretty poor melee rend attacks (bull centaurs should not cost more than spear eels).Β 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, robotnik_taco said:

Β 

Edit: I'm in the US

i am also in the US and mine is also delayed until Wednesday.

it because their warehouse is operating at lower capacity because of covidΒ  restriction in the US so they having logistic problemsΒ  especially since Holiday shopping has alsoΒ started.Β  Prime day also happen last week too so there a lot of shipping traffic going on right now

And they have finally arrived.....been reading my battletome and the lore is awesome isnt it. I cant decide which mega to build (although I will have all three done in the end so doesn't really matter) but I'll probably build a warstompa and mawtribes him up a bit......pictures inbound but be patient.....I work slow πŸ˜„

20201019_190642.jpg

• Like 4

It says in the Gitz tome that Dankholds can grow to fill the cavern they're sleeping in, and that the tallest are nigh as tall as Gargants. Makes me wonder if that was referring to the biggest Gargants, i.e Mega Gargants, because a colossal Dankhold would be amazing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dankboss said:

Here's a few comparison pics with the Dankboss himself; the Duke of Mork, and some other Troggs

IMG_0870.JPG

IMG_0874.JPG

IMG_0878.JPG

IMG_0883.JPG

I honestly had no idea hed make the Dankhold look so tiny!!

5 hours ago, Moogypies said:

No description available.

Got the first boy down and ready to smash ^^Β 

Mate I love your collection and cannot wait to see the Megas added. Your paintwork on the flesh is so smooth!! How did you achieve it?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Mate I love your collection and cannot wait to see the Megas added. Your paintwork on the flesh is so smooth!! How did you achieve it?

White Spray -> Allover contrast of Guillamen flesh -> Heavy Wetbrush of Cadian Flesh -> Heavy Drybrush Kislev -> Drybrush Pallid Wych -> Get into the folds with guillamen flesh again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I finally got my hands on the book after some pre-order delays, and boy I thought that I could not have been more hype/excited than I was waiting for it. I appear to have been wrong!

The lore is stand-out to me, honestly some of the best and most naturally written of the Age of Sigmar Battletomes - the myths of the trials of Behemat (the tsunami, the fear of the trees) were great, not only for giving the gargants an almost classical mythology/dark fairy tale feel, but also for a new look at Gorkamorka as an "individual" rather than just a force or a greenskin philosophy. Also, I believe the reference to a squig godbeast was new to this book, right? That was an amusing anecdote to stumble across whilst reading!

Loving seeing the gargant models, both base and converted/kit-bashed, in this thread - it is really helping me keep the keen up! Has anyone managed to give the narrative battleplan in the tome a try yet?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MaatithoftheBrand said:

So I finally got my hands on the book after some pre-order delays, and boy I thought that I could not have been more hype/excited than I was waiting for it. I appear to have been wrong!

The lore is stand-out to me, honestly some of the best and most naturally written of the Age of Sigmar Battletomes - the myths of the trials of Behemat (the tsunami, the fear of the trees) were great, not only for giving the gargants an almost classical mythology/dark fairy tale feel, but also for a new look at Gorkamorka as an "individual" rather than just a force or a greenskin philosophy. Also, I believe the reference to a squig godbeast was new to this book, right? That was an amusing anecdote to stumble across whilst reading!

Loving seeing the gargant models, both base and converted/kit-bashed, in this thread - it is really helping me keep the keen up! Has anyone managed to give the narrative battleplan in the tome a try yet?

Yeah that the strength of many of the destruction battletome, they really have colorful engaging if a bit hilarious lore In their books

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dankboss said:

It says in the Gitz tome that Dankholds can grow to fill the cavern they're sleeping in, and that the tallest are nigh as tall as Gargants. Makes me wonder if that was referring to the biggest Gargants, i.e Mega Gargants, because a colossal Dankhold would be amazing.

Do it! Do it! Do it!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

The skin for the Dankboss and Rockgut is just a basecoat with a lot of time spent drybrushing and stippling, avoiding the recesses. I was lighting it with my work lamp so it was all pretty bright. The Hag was done with contrast, and thanks to her wrinkles and rolls, it was a single coat and done.Β  I then varnished them with whatever GW's current product is; the closer you varnish the more satin it is, so with the Hag I achieved a wetter look, while the others I held it farther away. I'm going to be using contrast for my Mega Gargant.

Nobody seems to be talking about the gargant toes, it is all over the place, the Whale Biter has 3 toes, while the others got 4? bizarre!

Also not many talking about the Stomper tribes throw rocks and getting stuck in rule, as it says nothing about melee attacks only. Hitting 20+ size units with d3+2 dmg rocks is pretty alright.