AOS tier list!

16 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

Kharadron are one of only 2 F tier (by a mile) factions. It’s pretty widely known. Most others are midtiers with a few broken armies. I don’t see our prospects improving with a new book.  

Who's the other one in your eyes, out of interest?

We're supposedly getting the Winter FAQ in the next week based on new rumors so this will probably change very soon but off the top of my head and restricted by armies I'm at least somewhat familiar with:

S Tier: Slaanesh, Bonereapers (PE)

Tier 1: FEC, DoK (Hagg-Narr), Skaven (meta list-Cannons, Plague monks, ect)

Tier 2: Idoneth (with eels), Fyreslayers, Blades of Khorne, CoS, Orruk Warclans, Gloomspite Gitz(Git spam/endless spells)

Tier 3: Maggotkin, Gloomspite Gitz (not Git spam), Mawtribes, Tzeentch

Lolz Tier: Prebook STD

I think once the Winter FAQ drops I'll sit down and actually write out a full, thought out tier list predictions. Could be fun :P

Edited by Forrix
  • LOVE IT! 1

No rumors or picks of KO. Allegedly getting book in February. I got a bad feeling KO are going to be dunked on  and lolz tier for another 4 years then GW will use it as an excuse to squat them. At this point KO fans have been dragged through the mud and expect the worst. 

• Sad 5

2 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

No rumors or picks of KO. Allegedly getting book in February. I got a bad feeling KO are going to be dunked on  and lolz tier for another 4 years then GW will use it as an excuse to squat them. At this point KO fans have been dragged through the mud and expect the worst. 

I guess an army that largely relies on shooting is hard to balance?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 123lac said:

I guess an army that largely relies on shooting is hard to balance?

GW's fault for making it and tricking us if they felt that. If they don't want shooting to be strong update us with proper melee units to help us. Sucks the ships will die in the fire but at least we'll be balanced and a good faction again, 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

I think this is nonsense. Im a KO fan and while i agree they are not very competitive right now, im sure thisll be fixed whenever their new book comes out. And considering the army is only two and a half years old they can afford to wait a bit longer. I think Seraphon and Tzeentch should be ahead of KOs in the queue by virtue of being older. I certainly dont feel likd GW has dragged me through the mud! 😀

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Are we talking today looking backwards or as it is right now? Looking backwards it hard to disagree with HoS being top of the pile. But, going forward, strictly competitve builds its probably something like

Top:

Big Waagh

Bone Splitters

Ossiarch Bonereapers

Cities of Sigmar

Iron Jaws

Daughters of Khaine

Hedonites/Maw Tribes

Skaven

Flesh Eater Courts

The Rest

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forrix said:

Are you implying that these two are equal tier now or you are thinking Hedonities are about to be heavily nerfed? We do know a nerf is coming but not what it will be exactly.

I wouldn't say equal, but against the stuff above them probably roughly in the same area. HoS are probably the most oppressive gatekeeper the game has seen yet, but they don't hav to tools the fight the stuff above them. I'm hedging a bit on DoK, but realistically the 3 of them are probably very close to each other.

On 12/12/2019 at 3:53 PM, Forrix said:

We're supposedly getting the Winter FAQ in the next week based on new rumors so this will probably change very soon but off the top of my head and restricted by armies I'm at least somewhat familiar with:

S Tier: Slaanesh, Bonereapers (PE)

Tier 1: FEC, DoK (Hagg-Narr), Skaven (meta list-Cannons, Plague monks, ect)

Tier 2: Idoneth (with eels), Fyreslayers, Blades of Khorne, CoS, Orruk Warclans, Gloomspite Gitz(Git spam/endless spells)

Tier 3: Maggotkin, Gloomspite Gitz (not Git spam), Mawtribes, Tzeentch

Lolz Tier: Prebook STD

I think once the Winter FAQ drops I'll sit down and actually write out a full, thought out tier list predictions. Could be fun :P

Faq next week bro?  U sure? :D