AoS 2 - Ogor Mawtribe Discussion

AthelLoren

Ogor Mawtribes Poll  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What tier do you feel Ogors are pre-battletome?

• High-tier
    • Mid-tier
    • Low-tier
  2. 2. What kind of army will you be running?

• Entirely Gutbusters
    • Mostly Gutbusters
    • Mixed forces
    • Mostly Beastclaw Raiders
    • Entirely Beastclaw Raiders

47 minutes ago, Zorki said:

I think you'd u might be slightly too all in on the gluttons.... I might drop one block to get some more tools. Some frost sabres to area zone deepstikers, some cheaper gnoblars to sit in the backfield and/or a tyrant to bully them into battleshock immunity all might provide more value than that last block, especially since you already have 2 other blocks and the ironguts to get up and bully objectives

33 minutes ago, Forrix said:

I'm on the fence about Thundertusks. If they were just a little cheaper or had a 6" bubble of -1hit instead of just themselves being -1 then I think I'd take one or two. I've got one sitting on a shelf so I might give him a spin just to see. They do run into an issue of really just being good against big blobs so they're not that great against in all comers list (that's really a MawTribes issue more than an OBR though, Beastclaw Raiders are just so poor outside of the Frost Lord).

I hope it´s ok I pick this topic up in this thread Forrix :)

Beastsclaws are in a general weird spot right now. We have 3 Thundertusks:

• Frost Lord on TT
    • Actually a dead pick in my eyes. Close Combat Hero on a Mount that is lackluster in Meele. The SH is better in every way here. The lack of synnergy actually weakens this unit. I mean, it is bad internal balance within a unit~
  • Husskard on TT
    • The better version. A Support Hero on a ranged Mount. With a Vulture and the Blizzard Spell the Husskard is actually a good Pick from what I see reading the rules. The price is okay, the support welcome and he can still be used for the charge bonus. Having +1 to prayers for other Husskards makes it even conciderable to take two of them to buff another.
  • Beastriders on TT
    • The weird pick. They are an actually okay battleline if you can use the Blast-Ability. They can be used to follow a Husskard for the +1 or to hold objectives in the back. Lack a mount trait but are overall a the shooty pick. Can be cool to ride along a Husskard.

The FL is a dead pick, the Husskard is great, the Beastriders are...well, they are there. Mine were okay when I used them. The Thundertusk is just slow, lacks protection from magic and shooting, suffers more from degrading stats and his unique ability is really just fishing for that lucky sixes, without any chance for a reroll. You can still use this ability to go for heroes, but is simply is not reliable. I still belive having 2 of thoose attacks and some vultures may kill a hero in a round. Also, as they rather suffer from meele than benefit from it like Leadbelchers or Ironblaster do, there is the conflict of charging with them or not for the cause of impact damage.

Meanwhile, SH offers:

• Frost Lord on SH
    • Meele Hero + Mount that increases meele damage, is fast and gives him a 5++. Awesome.
  • Husskard on SH
    • The Battalion enabler, has an awesome CA to buff mournfangs, which will have 4 D3 attacks on charge per model, has still an SH worth of Damage and a 5++. The riders meele skills are a shame as gw forgot to update them but the chance for a vulture is nice.
  • Beastriders on SH
    • Second PArt of the Battalion enablers, get again an SH in meele which makes them only slight worse than a Husskard. Lack Mount traits which is a shame but can bring at least 2 ranged guns and thus, a vulture.

So yeah, all SH Units are awesome and fast. As they want to be in meele they also benefit greatly from any kind of impact damage. Husskards allows really to let Mournfangs shine and the two battalions thoose guys get are also fine. Especially the one for even more Mortal Wounds.

Nevertheless, while I love the changes to Gutbusters, I really wished for more love on the BCR Profiles. I don´t get while thoose guys punch and kick only for 1D. Also the Thundertusk Frostlord should have gained another ability that supports a backline character, maybe a reroll to hit or a defensive buff?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Please note, after the change:

Stonehorns gained

2" movement

2 Bravery in melee

5+++

And lost

run and charge

Half damage rounding up

Thundertusks gained

2" movement

2 Bravery in melee

3.5 MW on charge

20% shooting dps against 20+

And lost

20% (only) shooting dps against 10-19

60% shooting dps against <10

SHs used to have a guaranteed 10" longer charge range than TTs with 1 CP, 7.5" on average. Now it's 4". TTs now move faster than cavalry from most other armies and outmatch SHs in MWs when they charge, if they shoot their target. Against heavily armored or hard to hit targets, the gap between their melee dps quickly closes.

They are NOT slow, ranged support units, nor are they squishier than SHs in melee on average. If one persists in holding them back, of course they're going to look lackluster. Do the same with a SH and they'll look even worse. You just need to get out of the ranged TT mindset. Their range simply allows them to continue to contribute damage against the choicest target in range, whether they're in melee or holding an objective.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Charleston said:

I hope it´s ok I pick this topic up in this thread Forrix :)

Beastsclaws are in a general weird spot right now. We have 3 Thundertusks:

• Frost Lord on TT
    • Actually a dead pick in my eyes. Close Combat Hero on a Mount that is lackluster in Meele. The SH is better in every way here. The lack of synnergy actually weakens this unit. I mean, it is bad internal balance within a unit~
  • Husskard on TT
    • The better version. A Support Hero on a ranged Mount. With a Vulture and the Blizzard Spell the Husskard is actually a good Pick from what I see reading the rules. The price is okay, the support welcome and he can still be used for the charge bonus. Having +1 to prayers for other Husskards makes it even conciderable to take two of them to buff another.
  • Beastriders on TT
    • The weird pick. They are an actually okay battleline if you can use the Blast-Ability. They can be used to follow a Husskard for the +1 or to hold objectives in the back. Lack a mount trait but are overall a the shooty pick. Can be cool to ride along a Husskard.

The FL is a dead pick, the Husskard is great, the Beastriders are...well, they are there. Mine were okay when I used them. The Thundertusk is just slow, lacks protection from magic and shooting, suffers more from degrading stats and his unique ability is really just fishing for that lucky sixes, without any chance for a reroll. You can still use this ability to go for heroes, but is simply is not reliable. I still belive having 2 of thoose attacks and some vultures may kill a hero in a round. Also, as they rather suffer from meele than benefit from it like Leadbelchers or Ironblaster do, there is the conflict of charging with them or not for the cause of impact damage.

Meanwhile, SH offers:

• Frost Lord on SH
    • Meele Hero + Mount that increases meele damage, is fast and gives him a 5++. Awesome.
  • Husskard on SH
    • The Battalion enabler, has an awesome CA to buff mournfangs, which will have 4 D3 attacks on charge per model, has still an SH worth of Damage and a 5++. The riders meele skills are a shame as gw forgot to update them but the chance for a vulture is nice.
  • Beastriders on SH
    • Second PArt of the Battalion enablers, get again an SH in meele which makes them only slight worse than a Husskard. Lack Mount traits which is a shame but can bring at least 2 ranged guns and thus, a vulture.

So yeah, all SH Units are awesome and fast. As they want to be in meele they also benefit greatly from any kind of impact damage. Husskards allows really to let Mournfangs shine and the two battalions thoose guys get are also fine. Especially the one for even more Mortal Wounds.

Nevertheless, while I love the changes to Gutbusters, I really wished for more love on the BCR Profiles. I don´t get while thoose guys punch and kick only for 1D. Also the Thundertusk Frostlord should have gained another ability that supports a backline character, maybe a reroll to hit or a defensive buff?

The Huskard on TT is what I'd run I'm just iffy on the point cost not a bad unit just feels like 340 is a lot. I'm tempted to take Keening Gale on him for an alpha(ish) striking FrostLord on Stonehorn (18 move in Boulderhead). I'll point out that I think a FrostLord on TT (with the enemy strikes last mount trait) is actually legit just stupidly overcosted at only 10 points less than him on a Stonehorn.

The Punches and Kicks are weird. I figured they would streamline the mount profiles like they did in Orruk Warclans with Riders having a single attack profile and the mount having a single attack profile but nope...

Just a better command ability on the Frostlord in general would help a lot. As it is the generic reroll charges ability is almost always better. Even a bubble of +1 charge would have been better.

• Sad 1

BATTLE REPORT

Had a great game against a competitive Khorne list yesterday! It was my first BCR usage, and I must say that I am impressed! The amount of damage my Stonehorns were able to do was ridiculous. The lists:

FloSH     400

- Ethereal Amulet 

- Boulderhead CT

-Clatterhorn

-General

HoSH     320

-Svard Brand

-Metalcruncher

SHBR     300

Slaughtermaster     140

-Molten Entrails

Slaughtermaster     140

- Bloodfeast

Mournfang Pack 280

Mournfang Pack 280

Eurlbad

His list:

Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster 300

Skarbrand 380

Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage 270

Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage 270

Slaughterpriest 100

Slaughterpriest 100

10 Bloodreavers 70

10 Bloodreavers 70

5 Flesh Hounds 100

Council of Tyrants 140

5 Wrathmongers 140

Wrath-Axe 60

Battleplan: Shifting Objectives

Round 1: He takes first turn and moves in to collect points, no combat. On my turn, I alpha-strike killing all of his Reavers, Flesh Hounds, and 1 Insensate Bloodthirster thanks to a Buffed HoSH and my 2 mournfang packs. I reduce  another 'Thirster to 11 and a Slaughterpriest to one thanks to some lucky shooting. My Stonehorn Beastriders take 9 wounds.

Round 2: He wins initiative, which proves to be very good for him. My Beastriders fall to his Insensate Rage, and my Huskard is deleted from existence by Skarbrand. My FLoSH takes some mortals from Blood Boil, and I lose a few Mournfang. He has far more points than me now, as he has controlled the main objective through all turns. My turn happens, and I use the Pot to heal the Frostlord and Mournfang. I'm able to kill Skarbrand with my FLoSH in one shot (aw yeah) and my Mournfang come close to his Slaughterpriests but fail the charge. My other Mournfang are able to take down his other Insensate Rager, but not without losing 2 of them. I am still behind on points.

Round 3: I win initiative! This proves to be MASSIVE, as it lets me table his army! The FloSH deletes his general, and the Mournfang clean up the Slaughterpriests and Wrathmongers. However, thanks to the stupid Blood Tithe, he brings back another Bloodthirster. And this point I have control of all the objectives, and we're just playing it out as much as possible. I kill the Bloodthirster( but only after the Bloodthirster kills one of the Mournfang packs).

Round 4: Cuz why the heck not, he brings out 5 Bloodletters, who succeed at doing 5 points to a Slaughtermaster. The Slaughtermaster proceeds to get 11 attacks against them with a 2+ because of the meat he pulls from his pot, and kills the unit, ending the game.

I must say that I am impressed with everything in the army. The only complaint that I have is that the Stonehorns damage tables are terrible. With 8 wounds on one, they become essentially useless. This means that Boulderhead really is the best faction because of its command ability. 

I'm very happy with them, and there's certainly nothing worthy of complaints on the Mournfang/ Stonehorn side of things. Now I'll have to try the Thundertusk/Yhetee side... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:16 AM, Mutton said:

I think most of us can agree the Beastriders, Huskards, and all Thundertusks are pretty heftily overcosted. And after quite a few games I still say the Tyrant and regular Butcher are 20 points too expensive as well.

I've played a couple games with the Tyrant and found him to be super swingy. His hammer can be nasty when it actually connects. I wish he had an artifact that boosted both of his weapons. I feel like he's got a good attack profile but its split between the Hammer and the Spear and their respective artifacts wind up feeling lackluster since they only buff half of his weapons.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Forrix said:

I've played a couple games with the Tyrant and found him to be super swingy. His hammer can be nasty when it actually connects. I wish he had an artifact that boosted both of his weapons. I feel like he's got a good attack profile but its split between the Hammer and the Spear and their respective artifacts wind up feeling lackluster since they only buff half of his weapons.

Don't you think  Gruesome Trophy Rack would be a good idea? Giving himself and nearby gutbusters +1 to hit against heroes and monsters. 

Because of his many weapon profiles it sounds quite tempting😊

Combined with the Giantbreaker makes him a good monster killer 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2019 at 5:16 PM, Mutton said:

I think most of us can agree the Beastriders, Huskards, and all Thundertusks are pretty heftily overcosted. And after quite a few games I still say the Tyrant and regular Butcher are 20 points too expensive as well.

Wouldn’t consider 20 points ‘heftily overcosted’ myself. 
I would argue more it’s the warscrolls. Tyrant bit too swingy. Huskart 4+ prayer. Thundertuks maybe but haven’t played with them.  Butchers would be cool as two casters to give them more of a difference to slaughtermasters. Definitely would need a points increase then tho. 
my point being that even if they dropped the huskart 40 points or something the 4+ Prayer would still hold me off on it as it’s too unreliable. Like @Forrix I would like it if the tyrant was more of a killer hero. But points won’t really fix that. Still like him for the command ability personally.  

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

I would argue more it’s the warscrolls. Tyrant bit too swingy. Huskart 4+ prayer. Thundertuks maybe but haven’t played with them.  Butchers would be cool as two casters to give them more of a difference to slaughtermasters. Definitely would need a points increase then tho. 
my point being that even if they dropped the huskart 40 points or something the 4+ Prayer would still hold me off on it as it’s too unreliable. Like @Forrix I would like it if the tyrant was more of a killer hero. But points won’t really fix that. Still like him for the command ability personally.  

I do think one HoTT in boulderhead with fleet of hoof and hailstorm can be worth it depending on list. Both the 3+ hailstorm and the re roll one or both dice help charge MW and overall the amount of MW he can push out. The 4+ prayer is hit and miss as you say but can be very powerful especially +1 to wound on a FLoSH. 

Edited by Reuben Parker
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sauriv said:

Don't you think  Gruesome Trophy Rack would be a good idea? Giving himself and nearby gutbusters +1 to hit against heroes and monsters. 

Because of his many weapon profiles it sounds quite tempting😊

Combined with the Giantbreaker makes him a good monster killer 

I'd go brawlerguts over Giantbreaker for more consistency and a wider range of targets. The issue is that the artifacts that are suppose to boost his damage are inferior to the general AoE buff artifact when it comes to the damage he himself puts out.  The reroll hit/wound command trait is good but far to specific to every be worth taking in an all comers list.

Edit: I don't think he meant the Beastriders, Huskard, and Thundertusks were overcosted by just 20 points. Stonehorn beastriders are good enough I want to actually try them out before judging but the Thundertusks (all versions) could easily be dropped by a 100 points or more.

Edited by Forrix
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kramer said:

I only said the Tyrant and Butcher were 20 points overpriced (other factions get lv 2 casters for 140, why is our 1-cast wizard so expensive?). The behemoths need to come down by at least 50 points or more, especially the Thundertusks, which could drop by 100 and might be playable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forrix said:

I'd go brawlerguts over Giantbreaker for more consistency and a wider range of targets. The issue is that the artifacts that are suppose to boost his damage are inferior to the general AoE buff artifact when it comes to the damage he himself puts out.  The reroll hit/wound command trait is good but far to specific to every be worth taking in an all comers list.

I think the best Big Name is Fateseeker for sure. Once you use his command ability on a unit, people will want to kill him fast, especially if you tell them that he can do D3 mortals on exploding 6s. He'll need it to survive. 

20 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I only said the Tyrant and Butcher were 20 points overpriced (other factions get lv 2 casters for 140, why is our 1-cast wizard so expensive?). The behemoths need to come down by at least 50 points or more, especially the Thundertusks, which could drop by 100 and might be playable.

My bad. Rereading it I see you meant it for the tyrant and butcher only. 
why it’s expensive I’m guessing it’s the survivability your paying for. Looking at my collection Lord arcanum 160, knight incantor 140,  chaos sorcerer 160. All 1 cast wizard with some useful extra ability that you pay for. Sorceress 90, battlemage 90, great bray shaman 100. All 1 cast as well but 5 wounds 6+ save. I’m guessing the price is due to its survivability. Only exception I have, not including big things/monsters like verminlords, is the grey seer 140. Two caster with good ability but still only 5 wounds at a 5+ save. 
So that would be my explanation for the cost of the butcher. But who knows 💁‍♀️ 

regarding the thunder tusks I’m sticking to my guns. A 100 pts reduction to make them playable equals Between 25% and 33% points reduction depending on what’s riding them. To me that means they are far outshined by the other options in the book for their role. If they’re good enough at their role the points won’t be the problem. (Again I don’t know if the 100pts argument holds true haven’t played with thunder tusks yet. Just going with it for the sake of argument.)

• Sad 1

I have played with TTs a bit and, yeah, to my experience they seem heavily overcosted for what they bring to the table.  Prayers on a 4+ are too unreliable to build a strategy round (which makes the Mournfang movement bonus one a non-starter for the most part) the only one I would consider is the hailstorm just because not getting it is probably not going to ruin your plans too much.  The melee attacks are lackluster to say the least,  so you're not really threatening anything significant in combat with it, even squashing a little 5-wound hero swings on the dice too much for my liking.  The shooting attack is not that impressive even when aiming at the large units it's designed to hit, why this isn't just a 'roll a dice for every model within range, X+ is a mortal wound' like most other horde-clearer abilities I don't know.

The blood vulture is good, handy little sniping too, though of course you can have that on a stonehorn too.  -1  to hit in combat doesn't hurt, certainly, and can be combined with other debuffs to get a pretty decent negative To Hit modifier going.  Alvagr Ancient is the main positive to the TT I think, certainly the most interesting tool it has, but it's not worth 340+ points given the rest of the model is doing so little generally.  Obviously the monster charge is good, and counting for 10 models on an objective is great, but for my money in most lists I just cannot see justifying the points cost to squeeze in a TT.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

My bad. Rereading it I see you meant it for the tyrant and butcher only. 
why it’s expensive I’m guessing it’s the survivability your paying for. Looking at my collection Lord arcanum 160, knight incantor 140,  chaos sorcerer 160. All 1 cast wizard with some useful extra ability that you pay for. Sorceress 90, battlemage 90, great bray shaman 100. All 1 cast as well but 5 wounds 6+ save. I’m guessing the price is due to its survivability. Only exception I have, not including big things/monsters like verminlords, is the grey seer 140. Two caster with good ability but still only 5 wounds at a 5+ save. 
So that would be my explanation for the cost of the butcher. But who knows 💁‍♀️ 

regarding the thunder tusks I’m sticking to my guns. A 100 pts reduction to make them playable equals Between 25% and 33% points reduction depending on what’s riding them. To me that means they are far outshined by the other options in the book for their role. If they’re good enough at their role the points won’t be the problem. (Again I don’t know if the 100pts argument holds true haven’t played with thunder tusks yet. Just going with it for the sake of argument.)

You don't pay more for the durability, my vampire lord cost the same points and is more durable (5 wounds, +4save, can take a blood chalice that heals d6 wounds, heals 1 wound if kill any model in the fight phase), similar damage outpout. And can fly 10", have good support abilities as the slaughtermastes and 1 cp that do 1 attack more with all melee weapons of any death unit.

For other band, the vampire don't have unique spell but the unique spell of the Slaughtermastes is ridicolous. Is lvl 1 mage, but for my is very easy do +2 to his rolls of spells (+1 in legion of sacrament and other +1 6"near to the mortis engine or other +1 near 18" to the corpse cart that only cost 80p). I don't need my magician near 1" to the neanderthal kitchen or take a specific cooking tribu.

If you want a good magician the butcher must be the general of your Bloodgullet Mawtribe and take a other artefact (that implies pay one battalion).

And the firebelly of 120p... We don't have any method for add nothing to his rolls ans his specific spell is poor.

Edited by Sartxac

Has anyone else here joined in the Activation Wars with the Huskard on Thundertusk with perhaps the best mount trait in the game?  It can be one delicious trap when the enemy charge also entangles with a friendly Stonehorn or Pack.

I don’t blame anyone who sticks with Stonehorns only.  It’s more than kool-aid.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sartxac said:

You don't pay more for the durability, my vampire lord cost the same points and is more durable (5 wounds, +4save, can take a blood chalice that heals d6 wounds, heals 1 wound if kill any model in the fight phase), similar damage outpout. And can fly 10", have good support abilities as the slaughtermastes and 1 cp that do 1 attack more with all melee weapons of any death unit.

For other band, the vampire don't have unique spell but the unique spell of the Slaughtermastes is ridicolous. Is lvl 1 mage, but for my is very easy do +2 to his rolls of spells (+1 in legion of sacrament and other +1 6"near to the mortis engine or other +1 near 18" to the corpse cart that only cost 80p). I don't need my magician near 1" to the neanderthal kitchen or take a specific cooking tribu.

If you want a good magician the butcher must be the general of your Bloodgullet Mawtribe and take a other artefact (that implies pay one battalion).

And the firebelly of 120p... We don't have any method for add nothing to his rolls ans his specific spell is poor.

The firebelly is a good argument. Especially now that they started using 10 pts increments. (For reference until this ghb the smallest step was 20 pts). 

im still pretty convinced you do. But of course there will always be deviations that occur as a result of playtesting. I Remember  Ben Johnson saying in a livestream they have this checklist which they use to establish a base value and tweak it through play testing. But I can’t find a reference to it. So I’m hesitant to use it as an argument. But allegiance abilities are not pointed into the model.

Regarding the vampire I’m not sure you don’t pay for it’s survivability. With the chalice (which you might not have the chance to use btw) you average 3,5 wounds healed + 2,5 wounds saved + 5 wounds base. The butcher is 7 base + 2,3. 
I assume the butcher and vampires healing ability will heal them roughly the same through the game so they cancel each other out. 
So for me it’s quite believable that the lack of a personal spell on the vampire would have meant it’s cheaper. But it’s more survivable (1,7 wounds) and depending on the model better movement and fly. (Which is a right mess as well for pointing things.) On the other hand the butcher has a personal spell. Do those balance each other out? I don’t know but I could see the argument being made within the rules team. Again this is all speculation of course. 

8 hours ago, Lucentia said:

I have played with TTs a bit and, yeah, to my experience they seem heavily overcosted for what they bring to the table.  Prayers on a 4+ are too unreliable to build a strategy round (which makes the Mournfang movement bonus one a non-starter for the most part) the only one I would consider is the hailstorm just because not getting it is probably not going to ruin your plans too much.  The melee attacks are lackluster to say the least,  so you're not really threatening anything significant in combat with it, even squashing a little 5-wound hero swings on the dice too much for my liking.  The shooting attack is not that impressive even when aiming at the large units it's designed to hit, why this isn't just a 'roll a dice for every model within range, X+ is a mortal wound' like most other horde-clearer abilities I don't know

The thing that came to my mind was an attack profile dependent on the amount of models with X”. As the thunder tusk wades into combat it uses his massive tusks to crush ranks upon ranks of lesser foes with a twist of its neck.  That way it would have had a dedicated role as massed infanterie killer.

BUT with all the above said... I’m still very happy with the book, the rules and even the points. The only criticism I have (on any book really) if a unit has no role to play in the faction. Mawtribes is actually really good really good in that regard. Just trying to add my two cents

• Like 2

Right now in Stockholm Sweden. 

Krigsluntan 2019, a tournament with 97 players are taking place. After the first day and 3/5 games played, Mawtribes is number 1. He plays Bloodgullet with 3x12 Gluttons. 

Check out his list and the standings here. Honest Wargamer is also streaming on Twitch tomorrow. 

https://tabletop.to/krigsluntans-grandiosa-turnering-2019

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dejnar said:

Right now in Stockholm Sweden. 

Krigsluntan 2019, a tournament with 97 players are taking place. After the first day and 3/5 games played, Mawtribes is number 1. He plays Bloodgullet with 3x12 Gluttons. 

Check out his list and the standings here. Honest Wargamer is also streaming on Twitch tomorrow. 

https://tabletop.to/krigsluntans-grandiosa-turnering-2019

Interesting. The main thing that distinguishes his list from the other Mawtribes at 52nd and worse is really the 2 units of Gnoblars and a non-Skal Hunter with 6 cats. No Battalions at all!

As for SH vs TT damage output, SH mount attacks average around 10 damage at rend -1 and -2 before saves, while TT mounts do about 4.5 at -1. After you factor in various types of saves, including cases of 3+ or 4+ unrendable, and the MW damage from the TTs, there's no clear leader. Also, don't equate TT to HoTT.

7 hours ago, EldritchX said:

Interesting. The main thing that distinguishes his list from the other Mawtribes at 52nd and worse is really the 2 units of Gnoblars and a non-Skal Hunter with 6 cats. No Battalions at all!

As for SH vs TT damage output, SH mount attacks average around 10 damage at rend -1 and -2 before saves, while TT mounts do about 4.5 at -1. After you factor in various types of saves, including cases of 3+ or 4+ unrendable, and the MW damage from the TTs, there's no clear leader. Also, don't equate TT to HoTT.

I'm not hating that idea. Having faced the new OBR Catapults, deepstriking a unit of cats in their backline to chase after them sounds great to me. 

Ok, so I played a firebelly proxy yesterday and he performed like a champ. I still don't really want to buy the resin model. Any tips for a cool kitbash? I have a spare Ogor and a spare 50mm base so it's tempting to just. do. it.

I have a couple of ideas but not sure how they will turn out:

1. Greenstuff little flames like the Great Mawpot has all over his body.

2. Give him glowing tattoos like Fyreslayers runes.

3. Give him ash warpaint and maybe glowing fire eyes?

I thought about putting a couple of really big greenstuff flames all over him but then he'll just look like a chunky bightwizard lol.

• Like 1

I think it wouldn't be too hard to use the bellower arm up by his face and a ton of greenstuff to make a big gout of flame. Just support it with a single pin for structure. I use paperclips.

I'm surprised at how many people are using gluttons. They just don't seem that great, but I guess easy access to rr wounds has a lot of value and they are nearly the cheapest bodies in the codex. That being said the lack of rend  across the board seems like it could be a problem. I ran 700 points  of ogors into 400 points of bonereapers the other day and with the rerollable 3+ save on their basic infa try failed to do more than like 3 wounds...  

It doesn't surprise me that the list with tactical tools is doing the best though. Screens and objective grabbers win games. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Frowny said:

I think it wouldn't be too hard to use the bellower arm up by his face and a ton of greenstuff to make a big gout of flame. Just support it with a single pin for structure. I use paperclips.

I'm surprised at how many people are using gluttons. They just don't seem that great, but I guess easy access to rr wounds has a lot of value and they are nearly the cheapest bodies in the codex. That being said the lack of rend  across the board seems like it could be a problem. I ran 700 points  of ogors into 400 points of bonereapers the other day and with the rerollable 3+ save on their basic infa try failed to do more than like 3 wounds...  

It doesn't surprise me that the list with tactical tools is doing the best though. Screens and objective grabbers win games. 

Average damage from 700 points of Gluttons should be much higher than 3....assuming all of them get to strike. Not by a lot, but 3 damage is lower than what should be average. Did one of you roll really poorly/well?

There are plenty of targets that Gluttons thrive. They’re widely regarded as a great battleline for good reason.