AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

16 minutes ago, Panzer said:

I'll have to cut and bash a lot to make this army work for me but there's a way and I'm looking forward to it. It's not the kind of bone-y army I wanted but it's still a great release after putting some work in. ^^

If one can use them in a Legions army, I'm gonna put them in with my Legion of Blood Vampires; to fit there, I'll also have to do some heavy modifications as my vampires have an old-school-grave-look to them. I guess I'll make my Bonereapers look as if they've fought one too many battles, with scarred bones, missing chips, broken armor and so on. 

The walking chair guy is great but the mounted general looks to be almost in exactly the same pose as Vandus Hammerhand or the Soul Wars Lord-Arcanum. Bit on the nose if these guys are in some sense deathcast.

Still not seeing any conventional infantry commander either...

I'm feeling really good about my impulse buy of Nagash a few months ago now that I've seen him in there. For me this army looks amazing, can't wait to see the rest.

5 hours ago, Kokoshi said:

I think we've seen (directly or not) almost everything :
Army-WC.jpg
Nagash
Orpheon Katakros
Arkhan
Mounted hero (undead gryph charger style)
Coffin hero
Walking chair hero
Scythe hero
Bonesculpting hero (Mortisian Boneshaper)
Base soldier (w/ swords or lances, probably two-handed swords for special weapons)
Four-arms giant soldiers (w/ offensive setup including single-handed swords or two-handed swords or defensive setup with polearm)
Mounted soldiers
Gothizzar Harvester
Morghasts
Siege engine

That's already a wide array of new miniatures and a good diversity of roles on the battlefield covered. And we've got faction terrain !

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Neffelo said:

I am a bit surprised nobody has translated up the Bonetithe Nexus rules. Granted, it may just be too difficult to make out anything. 

You have four abilities to choose. Two have a wholly within 18" range and on a 4+ you can do either -1 to hit to the enemy unit or only one dice to run and charge rolls for the enemy unit. The other two have a range of wholly within 36" and on a 2+ a mortal wound or -1 to cast, spell and disperse. All effects last until your next hero phase. 

The hero on horse gets +1 damage to the spear during charge. Also during charge, extra 3" pile in and rolling a number of dice to the charge roll, with every 6 (?) causing mortal wounds. On a regular basis, reroll 1s to wound against order and destruction and all failed wound rolls against chaos. It has two CA, one can give the rerolls to a unit and the other gives +1 attack during shooting. 

Edited by Izotzuhure
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Izotzuhure said:

You have four abilities to choose. Two have a wholly within 18" range and on a 4+ you can do either -1 to hit to the enemy unit or only one dice to run and charge rolls for the enemy unit. The other two have a range of wholly within 36" and on a 2+ a mortal wound or -1 to cast, spell and disperse. All effects last until your next hero phase. 

The hero on horse gets +1 damage to the spear during charge. Also during charge, extra 3" pile in and rolling a number of dice to the charge roll, with every 6 (?) causing mortal wounds. On a regular basis, reroll 1s to wound against order and destruction and all failed wound rolls against chaos. It has two CA, one can give the rerolls to a unit and the other gives +1 attack during shooting. 

Awesome man, thank you!

4 hours ago, Izotzuhure said:

It has two CA, one can give the rerolls to a unit and the other gives +1 attack during shooting. 

A bonus to hit while shooting is surprising for an army with only one known ranged unit. I think it would be great if something got a ranged attack (Stalkers with bows, like Ushabti?) but nothing that's been revealed shows anything more than we've seen.

13 hours ago, Kokoshi said:

I think we've seen (directly or not) almost everything :
Army-WC.jpg
Nagash
Orpheon Katakros
Arkhan
Mounted hero (undead gryph charger style)
Coffin hero
Walking chair hero
Scythe hero
Bonesculpting hero (Mortisian Boneshaper)
Base soldier (w/ swords or lances, probably two-handed swords for special weapons)
Four-arms giant soldiers (w/ offensive setup including single-handed swords or two-handed swords or defensive setup with polearm)
Mounted soldiers
Gothizzar Harvester
Morghasts
Siege engine

That's already a wide array of new miniatures and a good diversity of roles on the battlefield covered. And we've got faction terrain !

I wonder if we will have several battleline units. Or just different ones depending on the general.

2 hours ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

A bonus to hit while shooting is surprising for an army with only one known ranged unit. I think it would be great if something got a ranged attack (Stalkers with bows, like Ushabti?) but nothing that's been revealed shows anything more than we've seen.

Right, that makes me thing that one of the units we haven't seen are going to have shooting of some kind. Like you said I think Stalkers or maybe even these new more elite looking infantry could have an alt build with bows. Cav with bows could be possible as well now that I think about it, it would make that link to the mongolians a bit stronger that's for sure.

15 minutes ago, CDM said:

What's the siege engine I keep seeing quoted?

It's the walking catapult. There's also hope that it might be a duel kit with an alternate build, but it might not be the case. Until we get more info we won't know for sure. That said even if its not duel its a fantastic looking kit

Also technically I think it would count as trebuchet not a catapult which would mean it really is a siege weapon since your standard catapult wouldn't have enough power to actually break well build castle walls (they were more use to lob stuff at enemy troops). 

17 hours ago, Izotzuhure said:

Still not sold on the Gothizzard Harvester, the proportions are way off. Ruleswise it may help summon new units, or perhaps bring back dead models. 

The on on the walking chair looks amazing!

As in proportional to itself? Because there's really nothing to compare it to to decide how it should look. I'd argue many tyranids have a similar problem if that's the case. I reckon it'll look more cohesive irl, since the cart on its back takes up a lot of space. I'd say it has the proportions of a flightless bird, and it works for me.

8 minutes ago, Knight Scáthach of Fimm said:

As in proportional to itself? Because there's really nothing to compare it to to decide how it should look. I'd argue many tyranids have a similar problem if that's the case. I reckon it'll look more cohesive irl, since the cart on its back takes up a lot of space. I'd say it has the proportions of a flightless bird, and it works for me.

Maybe it's the perspective of the pictures that we have at the moment, but it looks like it has a massive torso with the added weight of the 'backpack' compared to its bottom part of the body. 

Actually, the comparison with a bird makes it less off though I would say that the position of the Carnifex (which this model has been compared) feels better for me in contrast to this one which looks upright. Again, maybe it's just the pictures. 

The aesthetic is growing on me; but Im still waiting to see the rules. Necrons kinda got bungled imho and their resiliancy didnt translate very well in the most recent edition.

Nighthaunt likewise relies too heavily on a 4+ invuln and mediocre replenishment mechanics

**if the Ossiarch are supposed to the armored bulwark to the Nighthaunt's shock troops analogy

Edited by Neck-Romantic
  • Like 1