The Rumour Thread

24 minutes ago, youngSkywalker said:

And I would wish for some rumours, not some more wish listing. Also there are some nice ideas put out, we have another topic for that.

Theres nothing new... this month is very ork 40k and the only sigmar was nightvault bands. Now we have to wait till first weekend of novemeber hoping to see something awesome...

I wanna see something for the new daemons box

3 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

Theres nothing new... this month is very ork 40k and the only sigmar was nightvault bands. Now we have to wait till first weekend of novemeber hoping to see something awesome...

I wanna see something for the new daemons box

Congrats Sherlock, no one ever would have noticed, thanks man. BUT we have Spiel this months and RUMOURS aren'T normally tied to official input from GW... AND more important, the lack of new rumours doesn't justify wishlisting. 

• Confused 3

On 10/19/2018 at 12:00 PM, Drakensgreed said:

Gonna be honest here, I think this model sucks. Skull Acne is back and worse than ever, the back legs are entirely static, and the rider looks like a badly converted Slaughterpriest who was dipped in hot glue.

This! Trish is a bad sculptor. She'S proven it first at GW both in WhFB and 40k, then was moved to FW and continued here streak there. Thought she was let go a long time ago. While she was one of the main big "impressive" monster makers, those monsters more often turned out quite stupid, static and overloaded with textures to hide the weaknesses of the sculpt. She lacks a bsaic understanding of how stuff works. Look at the lower jaw of the dread saurus, that poor thing wouldn't have had a chance to grow that big, it would have starved to death long before, as it couldn't take a bite of whatever it would try to eat. Trish is one of those sculpters that barely managed to master GWs 90s stile - in the 2000s, and since then did't progress any further.... seriously, the old greater Demons from the 3rd Ed. 40k where done by here, and there is literally no progression in skill and style since then.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

23 minutes ago, Bloodmaster said:

This! Trish is a bad sculptor. She'S proven it first at GW both in WhFB and 40k, then was moved to FW and continued here streak there. Thought she was let go a long time ago. While she was one of the main big "impressive" monster makers, those monsters more often turned out quite stupid, static and overloaded with textures to hide the weaknesses of the sculpt. She lacks a bsaic understanding of how stuff works. Look at the lower jaw of the dread saurus, that poor thing wouldn't have had a chance to grow that big, it would have starved to death long before, as it couldn't take a bite of whatever it would try to eat. Trish is one of those sculpters that barely managed to master GWs 90s stile - in the 2000s, and since then did't progress any further.... seriously, the old greater Demons from the 3rd Ed. 40k where done by here, and there is literally no progression in skill and style since then.

Technically stuff like this shouldn't be here either if we're getting on the rumours only thing again. Anyway I really hope we hear something next week on either an upcoming moonclan or slaanesh release, we know they're coming at some point but apart from what's been said about the new models in the Wrath & Rapture box there's been nothing else.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Bloodmaster said:

Congrats Sherlock, no one ever would have noticed, thanks man. BUT we have Spiel this months and RUMOURS aren'T normally tied to official input from GW... AND more important, the lack of new rumours doesn't justify wishlisting. 

There's no need to be so rude/sarcastic for not knowing the entire schedule of the hobby. And it's not justified for only an off-topic post of only a sentence. Sorry if it hurts u so bad to see some off-topic posts, I will try not to make it more here.

Btw, the next post u made is not a rumor post and seriously I don't care ur thoughts about a new FW miniature, so as many others will not care. But theres no need to say u anything to make an off topic answering a thing someone else said, as I did before.

• Like 13
  • Confused 1

Spiel 2018 is next weekend right?

If I’m not wrong I heard there are more chances of AoS news in the following event so that means November although you can always hope...

On a rumour side I know some scenery box for Christmas leaked early this year and we can’t link them, but did anyone hear genuine rumours about more scenery bundles for AoS coming this Christmas?? I guess Kill Team would take the spot for scenery this year...

P.S. no one noticed the huge dragon is a monster but not a behemoth? Lol

2 minutes ago, Charles said:

I am very surprised the two storey Azeroth ruins have not been released yet. They were ready and showed off at the open day in June.

I don't know what others thought of them, but to me they (and the single story ones) are very much "meh."

They just don't scream AoS to me. More like Middle Earth.

I've bought a ton of Kill Team buildings, and I like the modular concept, but unless the AoS stuff gets a visual boost, I don't see myself buying any.

If I'm not unique, maybe GW is thinking they should rework them.

Something of interest I saw on Dakka yesterday was apparently the new Blackstone Fortress game is either going to be out the weekend of the 40k weekender, or will be up for preorder. So with Orks getting the first week of November and Blackstone possibly getting the last, It seems unlikely we will get any more AoS stuff this year, unless you count Wrath and Rapture or those rumors of another few Fyreslayer boxes are true. I'm guessing at Wrath and Glory they will show Moonclan for January though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sleboda said:

I don't know what others thought of them, but to me they (and the single story ones) are very much "meh."

They just don't scream AoS to me. More like Middle Earth.

I've bought a ton of Kill Team buildings, and I like the modular concept, but unless the AoS stuff gets a visual boost, I don't see myself buying any.

If I'm not unique, maybe GW is thinking they should rework them.

But if they already have the molds done reworking them would cost a lot of money, I don't see them doing it.

7 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

January 2017 and 2018 were Tzeentch and Nurgle respectively (at least in White Dwarf, actual releases weren’t so precise if I remember right), so if I was a betting man I’d say that any Slaanesh Daemons that might be coming would be in January.

Yeah, January 2019 screams Slaanesh if you take in account the last two years.

After that it could be anything. It could be Moonclaw, Darkoath, a second wave Idoneth or Kharadron or something else... . The rumours about Moonclaw could have been about those two warbands for Underworlds.

About the Forgeworld Dragon, it is way to big and to expensive to be useable. The dragon looks great, but the character looks bad. I wish Forgeworld would just make different versions of excisting warscrolls. I.e an alternative sculpt of a Tidecaster and etc.. + upgrade packs for different armies. I really liked it when FW just made different command packs for Warhammer and monsters that didn't cost 400+ euro's.

35 minutes ago, Sabotage! said:

Something of interest I saw on Dakka yesterday was apparently the new Blackstone Fortress game is either going to be out the weekend of the 40k weekender, or will be up for preorder. So with Orks getting the first week of November and Blackstone possibly getting the last, It seems unlikely we will get any more AoS stuff this year, unless you count Wrath and Rapture or those rumors of another few Fyreslayer boxes are true. I'm guessing at Wrath and Glory they will show Moonclan for January though.

wait you mean Blood and Glory on the first week of November, right?

I mean I would expect that event to announce Blackstone, Wraith and Rapture, and maybe Fyreslayer if rumor are true. sadly I think Moonclan isn't going release until February/March. they could ended up as the Christmas special release but going by trend that probably the Slaanesh release (unless GW for strong reason  felt it wasn't good idea to advertise them for Christmas).

8 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Same could be said for Darkoath. Here’s hoping it’s just the tip of the iceberg for both.

I think the MP Heralds release and the Nightvault warband release makes it more likely then not we see Darkoath and Moonclan.

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

I think the MP Heralds release and the Nightvault warband release makes it more likely then not we see Darkoath and Moonclan.

I agree but, apart from the Herelds, there’s been nothing to suggest so.

The Underworlds warbands are tricky like that, a rumourmonger or leaker might see them out of context or just see a single model and assume it’s more than it is. Pretty sure that’s what we’re seeing now with frequent mentions of Kharadron second wave.

• Like 1

I really wonder if GW is still having massive production issues. @LLV has been spot on with rumors for the most part and I can’t imagine he made up the Moonclan, etc.

Lots of stuff GW is showing seems to be either a demo version that they made just one of or they are sitting on tons of plastic just waiting to release them. The lack of Gobbo or Darkoath models almost a full year after those rumors and Malign Portents models is odd. 

• Like 1