The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Marcvs said:

they can still do 2 per day if needed, I don't think Faction Focuses are such a massive draw for the new edition anyway -as always, I think most people don't care much about the rules and rules don't drive sales so much

The FF for 40K where more rules heavy so the community writers must know it important to some degree

56 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Deep lore development. They did just unleash an entire city and there has to be greater ramifications from it. 

In this case it's just updates mostly. 

We say that, it probably very inconsequential development at the end of it all.

11 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

"Compete against your friends using rules from the BRAND NEW EDITION AGE OF SIGMAR!
Included in your ticket are:
One pre-assembled and primed blind box of Spearhead models
An introduction to the Spearhead format from the people who designed it!
Two games on both Friday and Saturday evening (these will not interfere with the Grand Tournament schedule)
Spearhead is a new format of Age of Sigmar with simplified rules that ensures fast, exciting, and intense game play with rounds usually lasting about an hour! This is the perfect opportunity to become familiar with the new edition of Age of Sigmar before it releases and earn a competitive edge!

Due to the nature of this event, photography will not be allowed"

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/us-open-dallas-the-age-of-sigmar-spearhead-event-tickets-830091454887

Leakers assemble!

Anyone can seed some light on the term " blind box"? Does it mean they will get a random spearhead but not containing new minis? Then why are pics not allowed?

Just now, Ejecutor said:

Anyone can seed some light on the term " blind box"? Does it mean they will get a random spearhead but not containing new minis? Then why are pics not allowed?

For the rules of each spearhead and its warscrolls I guess.

Imagine knowing something about the new edition.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

You pay $200 and you get an assembled and primed spearhead with the full rules to play the tournament, It is like a pre-sealed system for a miniature game.

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ragest said:

For the rules of each spearhead and its warscrolls I guess.

Imagine knowing something about the new edition.

Someone could write them down. Memorize them... I don't know. It just feels weird unless you don't want for the masses to visually see something.

Posted (edited)

Jezzail, yes-yes!

vY4eE03I2f0JEXwd.jpg

En0MovE.pngWoCVghL.png

Jezzails are pretty nasty in this edition – Wounding on 3+, they get 2 Attacks dealing 2 Damage each with 2 Rend, and their Warpstone Snipers action grants them +1 to Hit if they don’t move. No Stormcast Eternal, no matter how ornate their armour, nor grim their purpose, is safe from these fizzing fusillades.

FuSVQT0Jf7cqpM5q.jpg

The Clans Skryre have been busy in Blight City, and these warplock jezzails are not the only ordnance wheeling out of the workshops. Tune into next week’s The Mortal Realms Reforged event live from the Dallas Open to find out more about the terrifying Skaven war machine.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 13

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

FINALLY ****** MY LIFE-LIFE FINALLY OH MY RAT GOD YES-YES PLASTIC JEZZAILS AFTER 22 YEARS FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

TOLD YOU IT WAS GONNA BE JEZZAILS, TOLD-TOLD!!! WHO TOLD YOU-YOU!!!! ME-ME!!!!!!!

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

18 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

They are surprisingly continuist with the rats. I see a lot of WHFB players purchasing them.

Hopefully GW sees that cross over between systems actually increases sales as OW players and AOS players both want cool models. 

3 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

They're everything Skaven jezzails should be. 10/10 minis and can't wait for the reveals of next week.

Sadly we will have to wait for the preview :( No Monday mini.

image.png.b1ab2bf313855e8cd486dba02ec8df9d.png

6 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Hopefully GW sees that cross over between systems actually increases sales as OW players and AOS players both want cool models. 

Yeah. I think thy had that in mind when they chose to be continuist.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, novakai said:

Pretty sure Skaven is failure in a nutshell

Mmmh dental ensurance, might be too much, we should remove that too from our contracts🤔

33 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Ah interesting didn’t know it comes with a double barrel option

23 minutes ago, Garrac said:

FINALLY ****** MY LIFE-LIFE FINALLY OH MY RAT GOD YES-YES PLASTIC JEZZAILS AFTER 22 YEARS FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

TOLD YOU IT WAS GONNA BE JEZZAILS, TOLD-TOLD!!! WHO TOLD YOU-YOU!!!! ME-ME!!!!!!!

I’m happy and at the same time prepared😂

pete the wargamer converted sole awesome rattling gun weapons teams, and wel I followed his example for that

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

Nice remake of a classic.

I'm also super-jazzed by the semi-return of Move-Or-Fire style rules for them, which we'll hopefully see on other similar missile units as well. Making it a carrot rather than a stick is nice, but more rules to encourage decisions around positioning vs movement is good.

(I don't consider the Boltboyz and Fusiliers split firing profiles to be quite the same thing, because they bring some unintended weird incentives and don't feel quite 'right' in their implementation, for me)

3 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Ah interesting didn’t know it comes with a double barrel option

Might be a unit champion?

We still haven't had the general command group/unit champion rules as yet, I don't think.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

0T65pFd0aNfD1t2T.png

Hwla3X4xFfJeCV8i.png

AoYpcb1isVLE6jWP.png

They are surprisingly continuist with the rats. I see a lot of WHFB players purchasing them.

I don't know, the Blood Island box was re-released and liquidated with AoS already on the market because it didn't sell very well in eighth edition.

10 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Sadly we will have to wait for the preview :( No Monday mini.

image.png.b1ab2bf313855e8cd486dba02ec8df9d.png

Back to being a rational being, and. Hum. Does that mean-imply that on next week's preview Gw'll only show one miniature per each faction? Lmao James Workshop, just show it all.