The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Also can't  be certain but there's a real chance khorne can't ignore endless spells now because what would that rule look like?

I think it would be pretty easy to craft such a rule.  Look at the prosecutors who have a 4+ chance to ignore any non-CORE ability.  You could do the same thing saying Khorne units have a 4+ (or whatever number) chance to ignore any abilities, including fight abilities, from endless spells. 

3 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Did I miss something or these all "free" meaning you get a big handicap if you don't spend real money on whatever the best endless spell is?

And since it looks like they'll come in themed boxes we can expect one or two in each to be really good to force you to buy multiple kits you don't need just to be on a level playing field.

Also can't  be certain but there's a real chance khorne can't ignore endless spells now because what would that rule look like?

It feels like Priests will be able to summon ES as well as Incarnations. I'm curious what KO will get to do the same. Spell in the bottle come to mind...

Edited by cofaxest

Did I miss something or these all "free" meaning you get a big handicap if you don't spend real money on whatever the best endless spell is?

And since it looks like they'll come in themed boxes we can expect one or two in each to be really good to force you to buy multiple kits you don't need just to be on a level playing field.

maybe they'll get a faction ability that allows all Khorne units to attempt to banish manifestations as a once per turn action or something like that

Priests can try and banish manifestations, I think, plus now that endless spells have stats, Khorne can literally just facemurder them, and possibly get buffs when doing so.

I mean, now you can actively flex on the things with your enormous, blood-oiled muscles. Sounds like a win for Khorne to me ;)

• Like 3

New changes to endless spells and terrain is interesting. I actually think it will add some flavor to battles. It appears they are free meaning you would get Krondspine for no points. I'll assume he will be tuned down dramatically and it is probably a great time to repurpose the incarnate spider. 

I for one think this is a great change. Being able to add more amazing looking models to the table is a good thing. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, The Red King said:

You can't mix and match endless spells from different lores, you will only need to buy a single box containing the one you need. 

14 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

“Man, wouldn’t it be crazy if the new rumor engine is for the Spider Incarnate? Nah, there’s no way.”

Apollo: 

IMG_3155.png

Time to bean people with a big spider Grecian style!

That's a deep tumblr cut.

Edited by GloomkingWortwazi

59 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

You can't mix and match endless spells from different lores, you will only need to buy a single box containing the one you need. 

Until they nerf that one that was really good and buff a random one from a different set.

And to the rest my big complaint wasn't "khorne has no interaction with this" it was the fact these are a "free" bonus unit you are kneecapped for not buying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

It's all about the opportunity cost. Is it better to try and summon the swords or just cast a spell that does d6 mortal wounds? We'll have to see everything. It's possible that there will be some inherent advantage to endless spells but there are lots of ways of dealing with them now. They can be unbound like a normal spell, banished in subsequent turns and damaged normally. If you fail to unbind a normal spell there's nothing else you can do to stop it taking effect. 

Until they nerf that one that was really good and buff a random one from a different set.

And to the rest my big complaint wasn't "khorne has no interaction with this" it was the fact these are a "free" bonus unit you are kneecapped for not buying.

But that's how any competitive game works. If you think they will be more expensive later, better buy them now (or second hand). It is just two boxes of endless spells and one for the incarnate.

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

But that's how any competitive game works. If you think they will be more expensive later, better buy them now (or second hand). It is just two boxes of endless spells and one for the incarnate.

I only care about Morbid Manifestations. The others aren’t Shyish themed. 

• Haha 1

This does seem to penalize anyone who didn't buy the big box of endless spells. This is basically telling me I have to buy them for my armies without personalized endless spells whether I want to or not.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

It reminds me a bit of Bonereapers magic where something’s being reshaped, but also a bit of the Krondspine Incarnate. Maybe the Spider Incarnate and it’s made of magical webbing? 

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

It's HAPPENING!

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Spider Incarnate of Ghur. IT'S HAPPENING! hahaha

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

We are playing around with the idea of the Spider Incarnate and the post showing us the Krondespire one is here. Coincidence?

Also, I would say the post frequency is increasing. In the last three Tuesdays we didn't have one.

Dont do this to me XD. 

I would love for Incarnates to be balanced this time.

9 minutes ago, Mutton said:

This does seem to penalize anyone who didn't buy the big box of endless spells. This is basically telling me I have to buy them for my armies without personalized endless spells whether I want to or not.

As I said above, that isn't necessarily true. Every time you choose to summon an endless spell you can't cast a regular spell. If you choose to run an army without priests or wizards, you can't do anything against regular spells but you can destroy endless spells. 

7 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Dont do this to me XD. 

I would love for Incarnates to be balanced this time.

There’s no guarantee that it will arrive, or that this is even for a Spider Incarnate. However, losing your entire Manifestation for an Incarnate which presumably will be toned down because it’s free does seem like a good start, and that the Krondspine wasn’t dropped seems like maybe Incarnates will see a new one. 

• Like 3