The Rumour Thread

I love the FEC update. Adding so much more diversity and flavour to an otherwise bit monotone and dull faction (imho). I really like how they exploited the court theme here. Guess the only missed opportunity might be a Jestrix, but hey not complaining, you need something to hope for in the future. Designs are creative and the quality of the sculpts is great, as we are used to the recent years. I think all the recent larger army updates were spot on, giving hope to people with armies that really need an upgate, I think rat lovers should prepare for a great summer.

The TK, I like the model, maybe pick it up as a painting project. Always been a big fan of the ancient Egypt themed TK, but don't think I will get into TOW. One has to make choices (financially and timewise).

Only minor disappointment for me is the UW Warband. Great models, but I really had my hopes set on Yeti's. Last thing needed was yet another set of KB imho. 

• Like 3

All looks good! Only disappointment for me is that we didn't see a bit more Tomb King stuff, I doo like the dragon, though would have probably prefered it to be mummified to skeletal but whatever.

Hopefully Dawnbringers 4 will be similar to Reign of Brute for Death,  lots of juicy units, maybe a 2nd wave for OBR

• Like 1

Really great reveals for AoS! I am happy that my FEC bros are finally getting to play a real faction. Ushoran looks like an insane centerpiece. I like how characterful the new models are. I don't think I will be starting FEC, but I can totally see myself picking up a few of the character models to paint and for role playing games.

Sadly, that underworlds warband is kind of weak. I don't know why Kruleboyz are getting a second one when they have so low unit diversity. They really need another unit archetype, in my opinion, not just for Underworlds but AoS, too. Until then, everything is either a Hobgrot or a variation on Gutrippaz.

Of course, new Tomb Kings are especially exciting. The dragon kit looks like it has a lot of cool bits. I love everything going on on top there with the pulpit, and it is great that there is an updated Liche Priest sculpt. Sadly, the dragon itself suffers from being less cool than a Warsphinx. Still, though, the existence of an even more direct Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon proxy is great news for people looking to proxy Tomb Kings as Soulblight in AoS.

Boo for old skeleton warriors returning, though.

1 minute ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Would love to be wrong, but I think if there was more in book iv we would have seen it in the preview, given that it's likely out in the next month.

Not necessarily, GW frequently leaves models for the monday after a preview show. I think there is still a chance that we will see another model (matching the Morghast rumour engine). We could be seeing armies of renown for Ushoran, Morghasts, and something for Soulblight (Vengorians? Mortarchs?).

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

All looks good! Only disappointment for me is that we didn't see a bit more Tomb King stuff, I doo like the dragon, though would have probably prefered it to be mummified to skeletal but whatever.

Hopefully Dawnbringers 4 will be similar to Reign of Brute for Death,  lots of juicy units, maybe a 2nd wave for OBR

I doubt we'll get more multi model units. I think an OBR hero is a possibility, especially with that rumour engine. It is possible that we get a book without any minis though. The first broken realms book didn't come with anything. 

Holy moly la....

HOLY MOLY!!

A fantastic reveal show. Super excited for FEC and Night Lords in particular. Big Ush will make a perfect base for a Night Lords Demon Prince as well so I'll have to buy 2. What a stunning model.

And those bat cavalry!! 

Don't even have to mention the Tomb King model. Love the Crocodilian style head. 

Absolutely belter.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Great preview. I liked everything. Ushoran is amazing, butI do hope Dawnbringers will have more than 1 miniature. Otherwise they just could release the FEC battletome instead.

Tomb Kings bone dragon is amazing. I am very happy that TOW is getting big plastic sets! I will buy all the new TK stuff and replace the old stuff with stls.

Edited by Tonhel

5 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I doubt we'll get more multi model units. I think an OBR hero is a possibility, especially with that rumour engine. It is possible that we get a book without any minis though. The first broken realms book didn't come with anything. 

The first Broken Realms book came with the Shadow and Pain box as I recall, which had the new Lord of Pain and the Melussai Ironskin or whatever the name was in it.

17 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

I wonder what Ushoran's statline will be. Can see him being tough as nails, maybe with only Katakros having more wounds. and probably the highest damage output of the Mortarchs by far. Basically I think that he will probably be Nagash's battering ram.

If he doesn’t have 16+ wounds and and absurd dmg potential I‘ll be sad.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

If he doesn’t have 16+ wounds and and absurd dmg potential I‘ll be sad.

Yeah I could see him being in the 16-20 wounds, hopefully on a 3+, range. Wonder if he will have a Ward too (beyond the basic 6+), or perhaps a regen rule. But yeah this guy should have pretty bonkers output. I could see him being on the 450-500 point range tbh, though maybe I am just going off his size too much.

• Like 1

Its not the first time Ive said this but I think it may very well be the last.

Ushoran is the BEST model that GW had done yet.

He is perfect. He is regal. He is massive.

With just him revealed I think this is one of the best Online Previews so far.

I cant get over how epic he is.

• Like 8

I wake up, I see the Warhammer reveals are out, I get greeted by the full FEC range release and its gorgeous miniatures. Great way to start the day.

Finally, FEC have minis that do their lore justice. You have all already sang the praises of those new miniatures to the roogtops on this thread already, so I won't go into much detail over that they're dope minis. One thing I like about them is that you see some continuity from the current Crypt Ghouls/Horrors kit to the new ones... the older kits don't feel obsolete next to the new ones, they complement each other well. Hats off to the designers on this one.

Twas a good preview tbf. Asmodai (the most 40k mini in 40k), the Tomb Kings dragon and the Night Lords (representing First Claw !!!! My beloved war crimes commiters) were very cool as well. But they were not full army reveals...

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

I wonder what Ushoran's statline will be. Can see him being tough as nails, maybe with only Katakros having more wounds. and probably the highest damage output of the Mortarchs by far. Basically I think that he will probably be Nagash's battering ram.

He certainly looks like a beat stick. I hope he gets rules to match.

• Like 2