The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Yep,i hope that's chorfs will lean more into real Mesopotamian inspiration than the 300 one(which is not real persian inspiration) because slaanesh already seems into tapping that.

Agreed. Don’t get me wrong I love the Slaanesh line (for the most part), but if you’re gonna look to any part of the Middle East outside of Egypt you gotta go somewhat accurate.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

^ this. This right here? This needs to be a thing. What say you @Public Universal Duardin? @Clan's Cynic, @Beliman?

I fully agree! But sadly I can confirm what the prophet @Whitefang has said, having seen leaks on Discord myself. The Horns of Hashut don't look Dwarfy nor do they have any keyword that would herald (heh) Chorfs 😭

• Sad 3

Wow this is hectic! Its great to sees many folks hyped up by what is coming- after so little news and rumours there comes a torrent and AoS seems to burst bak to life. 

I do think its a bit of a shame that so much that is so far out has leaked as images though. [not raining on anyones parade here just think it takes away from the actual release ].When the battletome actually arrives folks will have seen pretty much everything months in advance. I'm actually hoping for no LoV leaks on the 40k side! But its great toes a lot of really cool stuff for chaos as well as the promise of a suite of battletomes before the end of the year!

Edited by silverstu
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Youre an absolute legend mate.

Takes one to know one.

6 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Wow this is hectic! Its great to sees many folks hyped up by what is coming- after so little news and rumours there comes a torrent and AoS seems to burst bak to life. 

I do think its a bit of a shame that so much that is so far out has leaked as images though. [not raining on anyones parade here just think it takes away from the actual release ].When the battletome actually arrives folks will have seen pretty much everything months in advance. I'm actually hoping for no LoV leaks on the 40k side! But its great toes a lot of really cool stuff for chaos as well as the promise of a suite of battletomes before the end of the year!

Sorry @silverstu, while looking for the S2D leaks I accidentally stumbled upon the entirety of the Chaos Knights Codex (barring lore) for 9th. There’s no justice in this world.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 minutes ago, silverstu said:

I totally understand. Im just happy we havent had next weeks reveals spoiled!! It feels like we now know the end of 2022 or perhaps the beginning of 2023 but now we have all this stuff in between to look forward to!!

We have 6 Factions releasing between now and STD and its highly unlikely every single one of them is a single model release!!

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I totally understand. Im just happy we havent had next weeks reveals spoiled!! It feels like we now know the end of 2022 or perhaps the beginning of 2023 but now we have all this stuff in between to look forward to!!

We have 6 Factions releasing between now and STD and its highly unlikely every single one of them is a single model release!!

I would say that at least Beasts of Chaos/skaven/spiders/ogors could get some fun. They all have some of the oldest miniatures in the entire game (in the case of skaven, Skrolk and the poison globadiers were made in 1993... just one year before I myself was even born...)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

I cannot believe more is leaking. What’s up at gw that so much is slipping out 

I wonder if there's a disgruntled employee/play tester who doesn't care about losing their job. Considering how far in advance these leaks are and how few people will have their hands on the book right now, if this isn't intentional (and a full battletome leak isn't likely to be) then the leaker is likely known and has lost their job. 

It would be one thing is this was just the Nighthaunt leak - that could be shops getting sent stuff early and it's harder to find who's done it, but only a select few will have the S2D book.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

I wonder if there's a disgruntled employee/play tester who doesn't care about losing their job.

I would honestly believe it's an intentional leak done to drum up excitement in AoS leading up to their warhammer online fest thingy this week. GW's been in the "omg look at this thing I dropped" style of marketing since the naughties. I remember playing "spot the new models" in every new edition rulebook that dropped, and in every codex that came out. 

Also, this wouldn't be a playtester if they've got a printed version of the battle tome with finished artwork, model photos and lore. This book went to print 6-8 months ago, which means it was in playtest probably around a year ago, just from the turn around time to get these things printed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I wonder if there's a disgruntled employee/play tester who doesn't care about losing their job. Considering how far in advance these leaks are and how few people will have their hands on the book right now, if this isn't intentional (and a full battletome leak isn't likely to be) then the leaker is likely known and has lost their job. 

It would be one thing is this was just the Nighthaunt leak - that could be shops getting sent stuff early and it's harder to find who's done it, but only a select few will have the S2D book.

Well the same thing happened with Tyranids too and most of the rumors for the Chaos Space Marines seem to be on track as real as well

9 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I think its great to get bits and the odd pics and its fantastic that we have a roadmap for the rest of the year. I just wish the leakers wouldn't  do full book reveals. But its great ti have so much to look forward to and I'm glad it hasn't spoiled next weeks reveals. Theres something very exciting about seeing the official videos and then finally getting your paws on the books and models!

18 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Sorry @silverstu, while looking for the S2D leaks I accidentally stumbled upon the entirety of the Chaos Knights Codex (barring lore) for 9th. There’s no justice in this world.

I'm fine with folks being excited and sharing leaks- that's totally understandable. I just wish the original leakers would hold more stuff back. Bits and hints and descriptions are a lot of fun to talk about - when they leak entire books it takes away form the actual release experience. Great to get tasters though and a sense of what's coming! {honestly I was hoping at one stage for some squat leaks but now I'm happy enough to see the official stuff!]. Again - not criticising anyone for enjoying and sharing the leaks, or the fact we get leaks, just the extent of the leaks is a little much. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Garrac said:

I would say that at least Beasts of Chaos/skaven/spiders/ogors could get some fun. They all have some of the oldest miniatures in the entire game (in the case of skaven, Skrolk and the poison globadiers were made in 1993... just one year before I myself was even born...)

I agree. Im especially hoping for Ogors. I could see Gloomspite being a single model or Hero release alongside a Battletome. BOC, Skaven and Mawtribes need major updates.

2 hours ago, Enoby said:

Its absolutely insane. I wouldnt be surprised to see some of those silhoutted Tomes revealed in the next few days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

I fully agree! But sadly I can confirm what the prophet @Whitefang has said, having seen leaks on Discord myself. The Horns of Hashut don't look Dwarfy nor do they have any keyword that would herald (heh) Chorfs 😭

Looking at the silver lining, this is probably the best developing besides having an actual BT for chaos dwarfs. It pretty much confirms they're gonna be a thing, and doesn't soup them with punny humans. 
But I can see how that wouldn't be enough after the long wait chorf players are enduring.

Edited by Jator
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Archibald said:

Would you advice me to hold back on Be'Lakor for this year, because with the new S2D tome the LotfP rules will get obsolete and Be'Lakor could get new rules/points?

If you can afford him, I still recommend getting him. He's an incredible model to paint if you're looking for a project.

40 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Also there's been *the entire Horus Heresy Box* leaked and a lot of the rules. GW haven't even had the stomach to deal with that on a Community post yet, just posted an Incidental picture. 

• Like 1