The Rumour Thread

If soup is the way to go at least i hope dispossessed will get the Kruleboyz treatment with new models and units.

@Clan's Cynici read a brief passage and seems that in Hysh the lumineth also destroyed some duardin fortress though the duardin wanted cooperation ...traitors as always.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

If soup is the way to go at least i hope dispossessed will get the Kruleboyz treatment with new models and units.

@Clan's Cynici read a brief passage and seems that in Hysh the lumineth also destroyed some duardin fortress though the duardin wanted cooperation ...traitors as always.

Unfortunately this is just what I've gleamed from various sources, I don't have WD myself. 

Rip new Fyreslayer models.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Alright, I need to get some of these WD stories.  Feeling so left out

12 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

You misunderstood, Grungni refered to the spire fall caused by Lumineth and so the whole hysh was falling to chaos, thus duardin lived there also had to abandon their karaks while Lumineth themselves were in dire condition 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

13 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

You misunderstood, Grungni refered to the spire fall caused by Lumineth and so the whole hysh was falling to chaos, thus duardin lived there also had to abandon their karaks while Lumineth themselves were in dire condition 

Ahhh! Finally some proper reason to go to war. Retaking our (new) ancestral homes!

goblin_dwarf_battle_by_slaine69_d71qanh-

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

At first I was strictly against Dwarf Soup (except from the ogor pov), mainly for how much the KO are their own thing.  But then I realised that we don’t know how the heirs of the dispossessed will look like. 
So imo it will 100% depend on that. If they pair up well (visually) the rest will come together. If not, it’ll be a major letdown.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

At first I was strictly against Dwarf Soup (except from the ogor pov), mainly for how much the KO are their own thing.  But then I realised that we don’t know how the heirs of the dispossessed will look like. 
So imo it will 100% depend on that. If they pair up well (visually) the rest will come together. If not, it’ll be a major letdown.

I have still yet to pick up Dominion because I am waiting to learn more about Dwarf soup. It would make me pivot very quickly. The only reason I haven't yet is that my friend also plays Duardin and I think he'd be miffed if I did so but still I would do it in a flash.

Edited by Neverchosen

As an OG O&G and Dwarves fan all these rumors are really sounding amazing. Hopefully we aren't let down! If we can at least get a new wave of dispossessed that would already be amazing but a lumineth size release for the dawi would be beyond cool.

I still feel KO should be left alone nonetheless. Fyreslayers would fit with dispossessed but the KO could really run on their own with a nice expansion.

The Kragnos story arc is much better than what was hinted at before.

2 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Can you spoil it for us poor lads please? 

Basically, Grombrindal is the plan. That's why Grungni forged him anew as he did teach Sigmar to make Stormcast Eternals. He's the one to reunite the duardins together, since Grungni knows a lot of its children will need time to get over about him leaving them for so long.

That's why I think Grombrindal was actually the one appearing in the Kharadron fleet. Grombrindal isn't Grungni, but the WD story says they're almost equals. So I wasn't that far by saying Grombrindal is an avatar of Grungni. ;)

And I'm pretty sure it means Grombrindal will be the one having a miniature, not Grungni (he still believes he has to stay aside).

Edited by Sarouan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

2 hours ago, Greybeard86 said:

Grudge!

Sit here:

300px-ThorgrimGrudgebearer.jpg

Ha- I still have that Army Book and that model!

33 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

Yeah I have high hopes - especially if they are approaching it from the "uniting the factions" point of view- it could work very well visually. The KO models have a really nice scale and I'm sure there will be similar elements in the design of the new dwarfs - like ancestor war masks [different nuances in design]. Be great of you could swap across the ranges. I painted my KO in a similar scheme to my old dwarf army could work really well. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sarouan said:

Basically, Grombrindal is the plan. That's why Grungni forged him anew. He's the one to reunite the duardins together, since Grungni knows a lot of its children will need time to get over about him leaving them for so long.

That's why I think Grombrindal was actually the one appearing in the Kharadron fleet.

And I'm pretty sure it means Grombrindal will be the one having a miniature, not Grungni (he still believes he has to stay aside).

My hope for a Grombrindal model is a multi-part kit that lets you build him in his various AoS disguises; a Fyreslayer, a Dispossessed and Kharadron version, particularly when he's always been a fan of cosplay judging by the (non-canon) yearly subscriber variants of him. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Mordeus said:

As an OG O&G and Dwarves fan all these rumors are really sounding amazing. Hopefully we aren't let down! If we can at least get a new wave of dispossessed that would already be amazing but a lumineth size release for the dawi would be beyond cool.

I still feel KO should be left alone nonetheless. Fyreslayers would fit with dispossessed but the KO could really run on their own with a nice expansion.

The Kragnos story arc is much better than what was hinted at before.

If they do it like Warclans they would still be able to run their own thing, just with less customization. 

The thing with soup tomes is, that it is great for players who like the entire collection and gives multiple options to use the same models, however it also becomes limiting for those who enjoyed a varied focused tome before, like KO.

Orruks never got the nice 2.0 treatment, so did not really have anything to lose, but still as a pure Ironjawz player getting the Warclans book with just 3 very similar sub factions, no terrain, no spells or anything, with the tradeoff of having Bonesplitterz stuff in my tome I had no interest in, was a poor tradeoff. 

If "soup tomes" is the future, I sure hope they do better actually making that soup work, as Warclans currently is very unrewarding when combining model lines, due to keywords between Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz having no interactions at all with each other. Why even have a soup tome when all spells, commands, artifacts etc all only benefit the sub faction keywords anyway.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

Basically, Grombrindal is the plan. That's why Grungni forged him anew as he did teach Sigmar to make Stormcast Eternals. He's the one to reunite the duardins together, since Grungni knows a lot of its children will need time to get over about him leaving them for so long.

That's why I think Grombrindal was actually the one appearing in the Kharadron fleet. Grombrindal isn't Grungni, but the WD story says they're almost equals. So I wasn't that far by saying Grombrindal is an avatar of Grungni. ;)

Interesting that we will have the Avatar of Grungni and the Avatar of Grimnir running around. 

3 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Interesting that we will have the Avatar of Grungni and the Avatar of Grimnir running around. 

In the WD story, Grungni says Grimnir isn't ready to come back yet.

Guess that means more Gotrek stories in AoS before the Grand Finale. ;)

Edited by Sarouan
  • Like 1

Having not read the story yet, I will admit I am liking how Tyrion sounds like he is a good friend of Grungni and wanted to have the Duardin as allies. It still makes me think that he may be the key for brokering a peace with the IDK if ever they wanted to make some High Aelven soup. 

Then we can get DOK/Malerion's forces, Sylvaneth/Kurnothi and Lumineth/IDK for a somewhat more traditional division of Dark, Wood, High Elves. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neverchosen said:

Then we can get DOK/Malerion's forces, Sylvaneth/Kurnothi and Lumineth/IDK for a somewhat more traditional division of Dark, Wood, High Elves. 

I'm honestly expecting the wanderers and dark elf simili-factions get removed from Cities of Sigmar when they will be replaced by the "new" Malerion's "not-druchii" followers and kurnothi "not-wood elves" with the reborn Athel-Loren.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

The Remnants of Khemri and The Dawi Zhar will not stand for such Elgi treachery. @KingBrodd! If we leave your Swoleness and your bois the corpses, can we count on your support?

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

My hope for a Grombrindal model is a multi-part kit that lets you build him in his various AoS disguises; a Fyreslayer, a Dispossessed and Kharadron version, particularly when he's always been a fan of cosplay judging by the (non-canon) yearly subscriber variants of him. 

If that’s the case I hope we can mix and match parts of him depending on the units taken.