The Rumour Thread

Incredibly disappointing if that video is true and the "priority roll" (what a cute name for double turn...) isn't really going and is just getting more band-aid "fixes."

It just doesn't work in a pure IGUGO system and it never will. The "fix" stated in the video just shows what a mess it is too.

If it truly is essentially unchanged then I really think GW doesn't understand how divisive the mechanic is and how much it is actively holding AOS back. The amount of people I have seen bounce off the game because of it is staggering, especially for a system that prides itself on being accessible and casual.

What's extra frustrating is that they already have a functioning and excellent priority roll system in LOTR and it works there because the game is alternating phases. It's very sad that 40k and AOS are still both wedded to their antiquated turn systems, especially in a world where GW corporate doesn't meddle very much in rules design anymore so the designers have a lot more freedom than they did in the days of Kirby-GW. One of the reasons Andy Chambers left was because he wanted to alternating phases/alternating activations for 4th Edition 40k, but the higher ups shut down any sort of attempts to make big changes to the rules system.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

On 4/24/2021 at 9:34 AM, zilberfrid said:

Newer armies have lower modelcount, and they want to keep selling them. This allows them to use less material and charge the same price. This could help that.

Changing the batallions is stranger to me, because that would reduce flavour while balancing the game.

Remember the chap mentioned this change specifically for matched play - if we're to see something like 40k's Crusade system (is that Path to Glory in AoS?), there may be more people turning towards narrative gaming, where flavour can still be more present without impacting balance for matched play.

Also, depending on how they write their generic battalions, there may be some interesting differences anyway - if we go by the "battalions in a box" released for broken realms, I could for sure envisage a HERO + three MONSTER generic battalion

20 hours ago, cofaxest said:

I doubt that this is possible. This rule literally deleting KO from the game.

To be honest this "leak" doesn't look promising. I can't see how this can be added with KO, Tzeench and Seraphon on the table. It will make them too strong. Probably these rules will have some kind of limitation or shooting will be changed in general.

WRT first paragraph:

Without seeing the specifics of the proposed rules, it's difficult to confirm how such and such a faction may be impacted. If for instance there's a rule to say you may not shoot a weapon with more than 9" range when in combat, I think that would alleviate the concerns of all who want to throw javelins and fire pistols. Now if you want to fire a rifle... Yeah, I don't think you should be allowed to fire a rifle in combat: in that case, the retreat charge reaction may be more interesting for KO depending on context.

32 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

It just doesn't work in a pure IGUGO system and it never will. The "fix" stated in the video just shows what a mess it is too.

If it truly is essentially unchanged then I really think GW doesn't understand how divisive the mechanic is and how much it is actively holding AOS back.

Opinions.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Opinions.

I think the best way to go about it is a casual official mode without the priority roll but supported by GW. It would take one page in a rule book to introduce and make a lot of people happy

I’m hoping for a reveal tonight since there nothing next week to talk about, and I doubt they will post 0 content on community, if not hoping for a reveal stream to be announced, fingers crossed,

48 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

You know what would boil some p.iss at this point? Even more new slaanesh 😂

Although 40K could see a release given how death guard and Tsons went, but that’s another topic entirely!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aleser said:

Yeah few days ago was 1 year and this is one of the oldest yet to be revealed, hopefully next week/weekend :D

Damn!! I hope so as well, Idoneth deserve more Sea Monsters. IDK players should have the glorious privilege of announcing 'Release the Kraken!!' Within this edition. 

7 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

I’m hoping for a reveal tonight since there nothing next week to talk about, and I doubt they will post 0 content on community, if not hoping for a reveal stream to be announced, fingers crossed,

Although 40K could see a release given how death guard and Tsons went, but that’s another topic entirely!

I would love there to be but the last time we went bi weekly there wasnt anything announced, this is different but I think they will just do the same as before with articles and this week in the hobby streams.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

I am hoping aswell 😱 

The anticipation of the new releases really keeps me going in these annoying times 😅 Ive been reading all the rumor threads in the meantime and came to the conclusion to create a account finally. This community is really the most pleasant🤗 

I literally went all in on aos since this nurgle stuff started 🙈

Edited by Aturox
  • Like 10
  • LOVE IT! 4

8 minutes ago, Aturox said:

I am hoping aswell 😱 

The anticipation of the new releases really keeps me going in these annoying times 😅 Ive been reading all the rumor threads in the meantime and came to the conclusion to create a account finally. This community is really the most pleasant🤗 

Welcome to the community mate!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Aturox said:

I am hoping aswell 😱 

Wicked, I joined literally a few days ago too, couldn’t believe I found an actually nice place to chat! Welcome! 

• Like 9

Thank you very much 😃 

I am looking forward to a soulblight preview next weekend since it was the first fantasy army i started back then and it contained the different clans, but the fluff in aos is so amazing across the board i already started 4 different armies 🤑 🙈

• Like 2

On 4/24/2021 at 6:39 AM, Kasper said:

Batallions is one big mess right now - Some armies have such an easy time getting a 1 drop army with little to no tax AND an amazing ability piled ontop (like Changehost) - Other armies have almost no chance of getting low drops. It seems completely random how this is given to the different armies. Drops are such a big part of the game and batallions really need a big revamp.

Hence it is not surprising for me at all if GW are going down the path of least resistance of just scrapping them all and implementing a standardized system for all factions. Going through all batallions one by one and adjusting them is a lot of work compared to this route.

Yes it will kill some builds like 5 Bloodthirsters, but this could easily be errata'd to be a simple part of the subfaction/alliegiance abilitiy. However the change would also give room for new lists to spring forth. Thinking about it, if they remove the limit of 4 behemoths in a list, would it really ruin that much? I cant think of any lists that would be too bonkers. The lists that use multiple behemoths are already having such rules like the 5 Bloodthirster list, multiple Stonehorns/Terrorgheists etc.

Battalions are part of your allegiance abilities. Removing battalions because they printed some that were out of line would be like removing artifacts or spells because some armies' were too good. Its rediculous and an example of cutting off your nose to spite your face. They just need to adjust the offenders, not rewrite core rules to bandaid them.

If the new generic battalion stuff is additive (so it doesn't replace the current stuff) it's actually a step in the right direction, since they're raising the floor on how bad an armies' battalion options can be. The realm artifacts also served this purpose, which is why their removal was a bad move.

10 hours ago, Grotbag Scuttlers When said:

Random 20-to-4-AM prediction:

Goblin wolf rider archers are going to have a rule that allows them to both shoot and retreat on a charge reaction. Delightfully annoying.

On a second thought, most skirmish cavalry could have that. But if goblins are mongolian inspired, it would make a lot of sense for them in particular.

I always figured they'd get a 6" pile in like the old warscrolls, but that would be a cool approach, and having an army that interacts with the new mechanics in the starter box makes sense.

• Like 3

All this AoS 3 stuff has me really hyped and I signed up just yesterday here. I got into warhammer in February of last year and built a 2k pt Stormcast army. I haven't been able to play for so long though, but recently there was a beginner friendly 1k tournament, I came 2nd and now I'm completely hooked. AoS 3 probably means new Stormcast for me, I'd also really like to see some more Ironjawz as I've got some already but hate the prospect of painting more ardboys.

• Like 10

35 minutes ago, Lengthster said:

All this AoS 3 stuff has me really hyped and I signed up just yesterday here. I got into warhammer in February of last year and built a 2k pt Stormcast army. I haven't been able to play for so long though, but recently there was a beginner friendly 1k tournament, I came 2nd and now I'm completely hooked. AoS 3 probably means new Stormcast for me, I'd also really like to see some more Ironjawz as I've got some already but hate the prospect of painting more ardboys.

Welcome to the  community, I am glad to hear you are excited. I personally share your sentiments on the upcoming edition but fear for my wallet's safety! 😅

Hopefully we get some official word soon and until then I will continue to enjoy the insanity that is Broken Realms. I am also curious to see if the new battalion rules rumours turn out to be true if we can glean anything from the Broken Realms battalion boxes about the make up of these 'generic' styled battalions or if this is a last hurrah for the current style?

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Fingers crossed we get some article tonight (or today depending on your time zone) about a preview next weekend! Or a teaser of Kragnos tomorrow! 

I really hope so! 

If the inventory takes place till the 10.5 then there will be no releases up to this date i guess. But a preview next weekend seems likely😍