The Rumour Thread

19 minutes ago, JPjr said:

going by the number of mentions they get in the battletom I always assumed that at some point they'd do a dual kit Overtyrant / Frost King.

then again also going by the way its was so prominently called out in the Mawtribes battletome I spent about 10 minutes on my first read trying to find the, as it turns out non-existent, mixed Ogor Mournfang/Orruk Gore-Grunta "Beast Hammer" battalion, so what do I know.

I think that battalion was in old Ironjawz BT.

• Thanks 1

As a gutplate, that would suggest an ogre more than twice the size of a regular one. I don't see an Overtyrant getting that big. As something mounted on a beast, yeah, maybe a Frost King.

Otherwise I'm thinking it is a part of the MegaGargant sprue we haven't seen on the three 'eavy metal-painted examples yet. Based on the skulls, it does look to be roughly the right size.

2 hours ago, sandlemad said:

As a gutplate, that would suggest an ogre more than twice the size of a regular one. I don't see an Overtyrant getting that big. As something mounted on a beast, yeah, maybe a Frost King.

Otherwise I'm thinking it is a part of the MegaGargant sprue we haven't seen on the three 'eavy metal-painted examples yet. Based on the skulls, it does look to be roughly the right size.

I'd love to see a 'Mega' Ogor Overtyrant. A brute of an Ogor that wrestles Aleguzzlers and uppercuts Cygors.

I'd love just as much if it were a Mega Gargant piece and there were options to make a more Armoured Mega.

• Like 1

looks like DEATH to me. though unlike the recent ones that feel very Soulblight this has much more of a Nighthaunt vibe to it, the slender arm and skinny, angry looking wrist/fist, the jagged, cruel looking metal hook. 

I doubt we're getting a Nighthaunt Underworlds unit again but I guess there could be either a Warcry warband or release for Broken Realms

Though for BR I'd imagine they'd just get a hero and that doesn't look like a big flashy model's weapon, so I'm saying Nighthaunt for Warcry, and this is some kind of Soul Butcher.

They look more random, which would give some weight to it being a fur-effect with paint and thus potentially being skaven. Since GW shifted from metal to plastic skaven have smoother bodies in genera with tufts showing fur rather than the older metal style where it was possible to give all the fur texture

I'm thinking it and a few of the more recent rumour engines might be for a Flesh Eater Courts expansion or new premade warband box for Warcry similar to the Khanite Aelves. That said I still hope it's a Soulblight or Deadwalkers release, I'm dying for some vampires and zombies. 

• Like 2

I cannot wait to see all these 'Deathy' reveals. It's what I love about AOS at the moment is that every Faction or Alliance is getting love in some form or another, whether that be new Warbands or what not. We dont have a Space Marine problem!!

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 4