The Rumour Thread

I hope they don't give any more chaos god specific afiliations to monsters. Doesn't make sense to have nurgle for jabberslythe, just like tzeentch for spawn. Simply give them a "mark of chaos" to pick rule as many other chaos units have so it isn't as restrictive (and would make sense if your mini is converted to fit a specific mark).

2 hours ago, Galas said:

To bring some rumours to the table... with the change in the warscrols of Slaugtherbrute and the Tzeentch One, someone of GW has say that they are thinking of doing something similar with the Giants. So, maybe Giants with Ironjawz keyword?

On Facebook one guy talk about how Jabberslythe could have the same treatement as the Slaugtherbrute but with Nurgle Keyword, and a GW guy replied with a "Oh, thats very interesting! We will think about it!"

If GW will continue to update the other MONSTERS OF CHAOS with god-specific keywords, here's what I'd suggest;

Centigors, Razorgors - BRAYHERDS

Warhounds - SLAVES TO DARKNESS, BRAYHERDS

Harpies - BRAYHERDS, SLAANESH

Jabberslythe - BRAYHERDS and perhaps NURGLE? (as suggested above)

Chimera - SLAVES TO DARKNESS

Cockatrice - SLAVES TO DARKNESS, BRAYHERDS?

and of course...

Gargants - SLAVES TO DARKNESS, BRAYHERDS, WARHERDS, KHORNE, NURGLE, TZEENTCH, SLAANESH

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Galas said:

To bring some rumours to the table... with the change in the warscrols of Slaugtherbrute and the Tzeentch One, someone of GW has say that they are thinking of doing something similar with the Giants. So, maybe Giants with Ironjawz keyword?

On Facebook one guy talk about how Jabberslythe could have the same treatement as the Slaugtherbrute but with Nurgle Keyword, and a GW guy replied with a "Oh, thats very interesting! We will think about it!"

Here is a real rumor; this is how Pete Foley (Head of Book and Boxed Games of GW) responded: 

58eae7fbc0944_ScreenShot2017-04-09at10_02_17PM.png.e3aeeedc561e37533bdba68f1826caa6.png

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Here is a real rumor; this is how Pete Foley (Head of Book and Boxed Games of GW) responded: 

58eae7fbc0944_ScreenShot2017-04-09at10_02_17PM.png.e3aeeedc561e37533bdba68f1826caa6.png

This is excellent news! 

On the other hand...it seems to me pretty pointless giving things like the jabberslythe new keywords unless they're planning to release a book for those factions. I doubt 'brayherds' will ever get a battletome because they're about as old-Warhammer as it gets. The whole faction is ancient (albeit great) models, it's heavily based in ancient mythology (which GW are eradicating), and we've already seen the AoS evolution of gor into the tzaangor, I'd be stunned if we get another beastmen based release. 

Besides, I just sold my beastmen army. They better not make them great!

14 minutes ago, hobgoblinclub said:

This is excellent news! 

On the other hand...it seems to me pretty pointless giving things like the jabberslythe new keywords unless they're planning to release a book for those factions. I doubt 'brayherds' will ever get a battletome because they're about as old-Warhammer as it gets. The whole faction is ancient (albeit great) models, it's heavily based in ancient mythology (which GW are eradicating), and we've already seen the AoS evolution of gor into the tzaangor, I'd be stunned if we get another beastmen based release. 

Tzaangors, pestigor?  And khornegor used to be a thing I'm fairly certain.

The keyword is kinda enough for the moment, tbh it really helps the models.

1 hour ago, Arkiham said:

Tzaangors, pestigor?  And khornegor used to be a thing I'm fairly certain.

The keyword is kinda enough for the moment, tbh it really helps the models.

Don't forget Slaangor - beastmen with tentacles :D

Oddly, I've not seen anybody put up that Kharadron are up for pre-order this weekend (Battletome, the frigate and the Arkanites)

Edited by RuneBrush
  • Like 2

A player at Warhammer World at the weekend, seemed to know a lot of the staff there etc - reckoned a new Death release at some point.

No idea if he had any basis for it or not though! That anchor they showed on Warhammer Community not long ago sure did look bone-y .....

3 minutes ago, Fungrim said:

A player at Warhammer World at the weekend, seemed to know a lot of the staff there etc - reckoned a new Death release at some point.

No idea if he had any basis for it or not though! That anchor they showed on Warhammer Community not long ago sure did look bone-y .....

Trying not to sound sarcastic with reply but yes there will be at some point! ;) 

Personally I think we will see something around the Shadespire release due to the background (city Nagash has corrupted to lure warriors to) but no idea what this release could be. 

4 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

This weekend's preorders and UK prices :):

Arkonaut Company £27.50
Book £25
Cards £10
Frigate (medium sized ship) £50
Admiral £15
Prices are RRP U.K.

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1877

Nice find. Looking at those prices, we probably won't be seeing a Start Collecting Set unless it's in the next wave with the Skyriggers (say Arkonaut's, Skyriggers and a Admiral).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Trying not to sound sarcastic with reply but yes there will be at some point! ;) 

Personally I think we will see something around the Shadespire release due to the background (city Nagash has corrupted to lure warriors to) but no idea what this release could be. 

Haha! Good point.   **some point in the near future, as in soon, but probably not this afternoon...

5 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Nice find. Looking at those prices, we probably won't be seeing a Start Collecting Set unless it's in the next wave with the Skyriggers (say Arkonaut's, Skyriggers and a Admiral).

Am I right in thinking every single Start Collecting box has had at least ONE unit from pre-AoS? Always had the feeling that the price-point for those boxes heavily revolved around shifting at least 1 or 2 older units at a decent discount. 

Think this is probably why, at least so far, there's been no Fyreslayer box

Edit: Starter set armies (SE & BB) do of course, have their own Start Collecting boxes to be fair. 

Edited by Fungrim

1 minute ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a start collecting set with a Grundstock Gunhauler in. It's smaller than the Frigate enough that GW could easily put out a box with it, an Arknaut Company and a hero in. I'm going to buy the book and a box of Arknauts to keep myself occupied while I wait and see.

GAMA-KO-GrundstokGunhauler-Content.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, shinros said:

Well GW has been pretty good lately in ensuring leaks are not getting out, where is hastings when you need him? The last thing he gave us is that the new dark elves will have some cthulu like influence. 

GW have also become good at managing rumours themselves with their Rumour Engine posts. Personally I prefer these fun official teases a month or two ahead of launch, rather than people gnashing their teeth over a dump of information from some smug online rumour-monger 6 months ahead of the release date.

6 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a start collecting set with a Grundstock Gunhauler in. It's smaller than the Frigate enough that GW could easily put out a box with it, an Arknaut Company and a hero in. I'm going to buy the book and a box of Arknauts to keep myself occupied while I wait and see.

GAMA-KO-GrundstokGunhauler-Content.jpg

I wouldnt hold my breath on this to be fair. Stormcasts got a SC box with all new models about a year after they were released. Of the other new ranges, Bloodbound include the old Skullcrushers, Ironjaws have Ardboyz, Sylvaneth have Dryads and a Treemen... and Fyreslayers are conspicuous in not having a SC box at all!

Ill happily eat my words and start me some sky-dwarfs if they do release one tho!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain Marius said:

I wouldnt hold my breath on this to be fair. Stormcasts got a SC box with all new models about a year after they were released. Of the other new ranges, Bloodbound include the old Skullcrushers, Ironjaws have Ardboyz, Sylvaneth have Dryads and a Treemen... and Fyreslayers are conspicuous in not having a SC box at all!

Ill happily eat my words and start me some sky-dwarfs if they do release one tho!

Agreed.  Don't expect one.  The best you could hope for is a named Battleforce sized box, like the two images below.  That said, I would even rate something like this as quite unlikely.

gw-99120201057_7.jpg.355e0a1f0bc00515ef6992ea89e0e104.jpgking-vlad-box.jpeg.8445d6980e63c6b0084d4224c8edc6e0.jpeg

8 hours ago, hobgoblinclub said:

But they are good?  Gorthor adds a lot of 30 Raiders, Gors can be blenders and a couple Jabberslythes will deal with a lot.

As a horde they effectively counter the small model elite,. but the games become 4+ hours.

I think GW would be missing out on a huge sales opportunity if they didn't release god-specific gors and tie them all together with the 'GOR' keyword. It's not even much of a stretch; we've had slaangors, khorgors (sp?), and pestigors in the past. Not to mention the success of the current tzaangors... gorgeous models and I know in my neck of the woods they are selling like hot gor) cakes.

Edited by Lavy
Gortastic

6 minutes ago, Lavy said:

I think GW would be missing out on a huge sales opportunity if they didn't release god-specific gors and tie them all together with the 'GOR' keyword. It's not even much of a stretch; we've had slaangors, khorgors (sp?), and pestigors in the past. Not to mention the success of the current tzaangors... gorgeous models and I know in my neck of the woods they are selling like hot gor) cakes.

The problem is there is a difference in Brayherd and Gor as keywords.  I think Tzaangors should have had Brayherd as a keyword and you would have seen more sales.  While they are selling like made it would just be a bit of nice love for us old beastmen players who played god-specific lists in 6th ed.

I think GW will realice with the change in Slaugtherbrute and the Mutalist Beast that many people want to buy models, but if they just can't use them with their armys, that push back many people. 

As GW realised that maybe they are a model company, but many people but their miniatures both to paint them and to use them in games, I'm sure we will see this trend of touching the keywords in many warscroll to make things more usable will continue. And to me that its a good thing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

Frigate sounds right.   Must be 10 for $45 for that company, which kinda stinks.  Probably a lot of options.

How does $45 for 10 models stink. That's like $36 for the group if you get it with the normal 20% discount that most FLGS will give you. That seems like a big discount from what GW  normally gives us. The Fyre Slayers were 10 for $60 I think.

Edited by Barimbino