The Rumour Thread

If its Aelfs, then they are dark elves, they have the khibrisis, corsairs and fleetmaster miniatures ready. Add new stuff and badabin bada ban you got a good army.

But the first rumor was not so elvish and the new Pirates of the carabian movie comes out soo, Death Pirates? With Kraken and Davie Johnes?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Killax said:

I'm sure Forgeworld will continue their line, just slowly, as usual. Though I really like the He-man vibe AoS seems to go into. 

Still not an overly huge fan of the lore but I do not mind flying magical ships too much, the possible blend of 40K and Fantasy is actually quite cool if you think about it. As conversion options would know no limits.

But it's not really he-man, certainly not this release.

Could this somehow be, unfortunate as that would be, related to the upcoming Death Guard release? There's been somewhat of an association of Nurgle with slugs in the past (with Beasts of Nurgle long sporting one's body, for example, and one hanging around with Festus) and I find that going from slug to snail doesn't require much of a stretch...

26 minutes ago, Spinsane said:

Could this somehow be, unfortunate as that would be, related to the upcoming Death Guard release? There's been somewhat of an association of Nurgle with slugs in the past (with Beasts of Nurgle long sporting one's body, for example, and one hanging around with Festus) and I find that going from slug to snail doesn't require much of a stretch...

Death Guard would have smooth tentacles.  

The real question is, will these cthulu aelves be order or slaneeshi. 

Solid question. Slaanesh doesn't have an equivalent of Bloodbound/Arcanites/Rotbringers, so it might be their version of dedicated corrupted mortals or whatever.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Im pretty sure this will be an expansion of Scourge Privateers, as aforementioned they have a good core range and their background is suitable for expanding on. I think this release will be similar to the Sylvaneth one, an expansion and reimagining of a small existing faction.

Also they are thematically similar to Kharadron Overlords fwiw!

9 minutes ago, Sadysaneto said:

Privateers. It fits with what they show on city of secrets

Yeah I have a feeling it's them out of all the dark elves factions they have appeared the most in fluff the new warhammer quest does indeed show that Malerion is their patron. Also they have a clear aquatic cthulu theme going on especially how the witch hunter in city of secrets contacted the fleetmaster for a "favor". 

Also the image looks quite aquatic in detail with the small circles and edges. 

Edited by shinros

Just now, shinros said:

Yeah I have a feeling it's them out of all the dark elves factions they have appeared the most in fluff the new warhammer quest does indeed show that Malerion is their patron. Also they have a clear aquatic cthulu theme going on especially how the witch hunter in city of secrets contacted the fleetmaster for a "favor". 

yeah, the video conference is exactly what im talking, lol

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sadysaneto said:

yeah, the video conference is exactly what im talking, lol

Yeah I am going to look through my book and type up the passage so people understand what we are talking about. 

Edited by shinros

Gonna spoiler tag it just in case people haven't read the book. 

Of course I could be totally wrong but the last two rumor images I think fit the theme of scourge privateers also there must be some secret to their success a pact with Malerion or something like that. 

"Something" muttered Toll. "Something I'd hoped avoid using." 

He withdrew a small oval object. It looked almost viscous in his hands, glimmering dully in the soft light of the glow-oil lamps. As callis watched, the witch hunter gently caressed the edge of the object, and it quivered organically." 

What in sigmar's name is that thing? Said Callis, his stomach squirming in disgust. 

"This," replied toll, "is a kraken's eye. It's also a method of direct communication to the one of the most dangerous people in the city. And if I use it, I'll be in that person's debt. Which, historically, has never been a good place to be."

"Worse that being tortured to death by a mad cult leader in his underground dungeon?" 

"Potentially. Now quiet. And stand back." 

Toll muttered a word. At least, Callis assumed it was a world, a glottal mumur that sounded like the death rattle of some aquatic monster. Instantly, the organ in the witch hunter's hand contracted and pulsed. Black ink poured from the eye, coalescing into a vaguely oval shape, the size of a full length mirror. Shapes writhed and moved in the depths of the darkness.

"Zenth," the witch hunter repeated. I'm calling in my favour. Now answer me, damn you."

The ink swirled and reshaped, and now a humanoid outline was visible within the mass. Slowly the rippling surface calmed, and the outline came into a sharper focus.

Edited by shinros
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, shinros said:

Yeah GW are going to bring this model back. I can see it. 

If they take that aesthetic and go crazy with it then they may succeed in piquing my interest in Elves for the first time ever. This would be amazing! Imagine something like this as your standard infantry model, accompanied by even more outrageously ornate character models and aquatic monstrosities.

4 hours ago, Galas said:

Just bring he back, GW! Dam you GW! Just give him to me!
DELokhirMain_445x319.jpg

Prices for this dude on ebay are frightful, he's a model I sorely wish I hadn't missed during the old WHFB clearout. 

Maybe the exisiting scourge privateers could represent the 'public face' of this new faction? Sea dragon cloaks aren't that creepy and we know they show up in the Hammerhal docks. Possibly they're outriders or envoys for the really weird lamprey/nautilus related guys.

That said it may well turn out that this is like the Kharadron and the existing gyrocopters/engineers, where the old models are not part of a new faction but rather a conceptual 'ancestor' for something fresh.

• Like 1