The Rumour Thread

24 minutes ago, Turgol said:

Ironjaws is too specific of a faction IMO to see an update without new models. Unless it is some kind of only EBook battletome. Same for Everchosen, Flesheaters, Beastclaw. 

They can always do a greenskin one and update everybody else.

Edited by Sadysaneto

As an aside, I'm not a web designer, but that Warhammer Community website looks kinda amateurish to me.

Unless its just my screen, the font looks wrong and there are gaps between paragraphs/photos that are either too small or too large. The "Quick Links" at the bottom are all over the shop, too.

1 minute ago, Kyriakin said:

As an aside, I'm not a web designer, but that Warhammer Community website looks kinda amateurish to me.

Unless its just my screen, the font looks wrong and there are gaps between paragraphs/photos that are either too small or too large. The "Quick Links" at the bottom are all over the shop, too.

Looks fine to me. 

15 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

Browser update e should fix it or just don't use Microsoft browsers :)

What's the issue with updating the starter set armies' books to bring them up to scratch? These armies are most new players gateway to the hobby, so it makes sense that they need to be up to the standard of the most recent battle tomes

I think this is great news as it shows a desire on GW's part to get Battletomes out. Without the sneaky (Make a book with some repackaged miniatures and call it a full release.) Considering the amount of 'nearly complete' collections that could easily get a Battletome, with just one or two models if any. (Beastmen, Free people,) I'm looking at you. The more Battletomes the better I say. 

Is a one-week, book only release. If Death got a book and no new models people would be furious. Come on guys, it's extremely likely Death will get a huge release with tons of new models, a new aesthetic and a new faction with matching fluff. It's not something you can squeeze in between 40k releases, they will need a full month. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Given that this is supposed to be the year of 40k, 4 battletomes in 4 months is very impressive. In three days time we should hear about even more upcoming battletomes.

As I already said earlier today, SadPandas description of 2016 as AoS year and 2017 as 40k year is not really precise. 

2 hours ago, Nevvermore said:

Is a one-week, book only release. If Death got a book and no new models people would be furious. Come on guys, it's extremely likely Death will get a huge release with tons of new models, a new aesthetic and a new faction with matching fluff. It's not something you can squeeze in between 40k releases, they will need a full month. 

I'd be happy with a death book, if nothing else is on the horizon. It does feel like playing an older game already, with very few batallions, few spells etc.

However when the dark elves come back as uneasy allies of Nagash I will of course be more than happy ;) 

• Like 1

Stop presses, we've got an Uber-reliable rumour from a totally unbiased source!

oh man, i cant help but smile with joy.

when AoS came out I was like 'this is trash' - the rules, the story, the aesthetic.
But then i listened to some podcasts about where the story was going. And it gave hints that its the unification wars on terra from 40k fluff. But it's just told in the mythological genre.

You know, Ancient aliens chariots of the gods type stuff.

Then i tried telling this to AoS enthusiasts and they were not thrilled like I was. They saw it as stupid because they want to play a FANTASY game.
I tried to console them by telling them that there is kings of war or T9A. But i could tell that they were heartbroken from the reveal.

And the funny thing is that most of these people were those who had played 8th.
Newer people to tabletop gaming. AoS kinda like the link to 40k.

poor veteran gamers who stuck with GW's. Its like those abusive relationships you hear about where the victim keeps staying.

(No, it isn't an actual rumour, no we are not in 40k)

That disturbing sound you hear is me laughing histerically, hope this has lightened the mood to those disappointed with the BoK book. Remember this is the unification wars on Terra!

Edited by KillagoreFaceslasha
  • Like 1

Oh. I understand.

Its just that I don't like to have more toxicity in my internet. I have enough of that in my day to day life. 

People that can't just enjoy their decisions and need to autoconvince herselfs that they choose the right thing because other people choose the wrong thing its a little pathetic in my opinion. And "that" site its full of people like that. 

Edited by Galas
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Galas said:

Oh. I understand.

Its just that I don't like to have more toxicity in my internet. I have enough of that in my day to day life. 

People that can't just enjoy their decisions and need to autoconvince herselfs that they choose the right thing because other people choose the wrong thing its a little pathetic in my opinion. And "that" site its full of people like that. 

It's not thaaat bad. They make interesting home-brews and painting blogs.

Still, I'm going to call it: we will get "stormhosts" with their own specific structure and set bonuses/relics/traits. We will also get blood-thithe like skills as their alleigance. And 2/3 of the weapon relics will be axes, with the other 2 being a sword and a lash.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Kosmion said:

i think since Stormcast is GWs flagship for AoS and Khorne playing the counterpart as arch enemy, this is very fair. not surprised at all since SC just got an updated one, so naturally, Khorne gets one as well

TBF too, KBB needs a good battletome as it is now. I'm not saying they are unusable,  bu they are fairly restrained in choices that pull their weight.

• Like 2