The Rumour Thread

The book was appealing to me even knowing 4th was soon but mainly for lore and art, but in the end I decided not to get the box. The models aren't going anywhere now that they are the mortal arm of S2D and the book contents are going as a PDF.

My hope though is for a Darkoath Spearhead. Looking at what Cities have I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same as the launch box minus 10 marauders and the book.

Both have a mounted hero, 5 mounted units, 10 foot soldiers and could have Mr Beasty instead of the cannon.

• Like 5

Hello Everyone, I was lurking since the beginning of the year, and now decided to create an account.

I just wanted to advise everyone, that someone on reddit just made a petition for our Goats (https://www.reddit.com/r/BeastsOfChaos/comments/1bxdar0/petition_to_get_our_goats_back/) and I am daring to post this here too:

Here is the link to the petition:

https://www.change.org/p/prevent-the-cancellation-of-beasts-of-chaos-faction-in-age-of-sigmar-4e?source_location=psf_petitions

I think, most of us who got their army blown away would appreciate it if you would sign....

I also just wanted to say that I am sorry for everyone that lost miniatures recently.

I really struggled to find a home for myself in the age of sigmar since they scrapped warhammer fantasy. I was a Wood Elves player, and although the Sylvaneth are really what is closest to the wood elves, I really do not enjoy their aesthetic anymore - I liked the savage part of the Woods, the Barky Treemen, the tree kin and so on. The change from Wood Elves to AoS Sylvaneth is already visible in late Warhammer 8th edition, when the Treemen got antropomorphized a lot and got their new models, but it didn't bother me at first. While I really like the fey and the new insect aspect, I pretty much despize the anthropomorphization of the nature aspect, and they kinda pushed this to the limit with the Kurnoth Hunters.

I just found my home in and invested myself a lot in Beastmen, even knowing the rumours. I really wouldn't have thought GW to pull off such an anti-consumerist move a second time, but I guess, I was too kind to them. I am really just sad and disgusted by GW right now and will boycott them for at least a year, if not more.....

As many others here, I am also eager to get Kurnothi, since their first appearance as a warband, but I am kinda tired of waiting. I feel like, since the beginning of AoS, lots of players are just waiting and wishing, and while it is fun and can be cool theorizing about new releases, I sometimes also find it pretty draining. While AoS has consolidated a lot, over the years I still wish that it would have treated their old playerbase better.... And I would wish for honest communication about what may or may not be in the works, may it just be hints. I completely lost it when I read the Kurnothi Warbringer story, because they pull out these things as if it was normal, but they literally do not introduce them to us? Same thing goes for Belthanos, who suddenly just "appeared" in the lore without any reason.

Also, I am now not even sure that we will even get Kurnothi soon or at all. What does lore presence mean anyway, when they dare to scrap whole armies (or subfactions) who were present in the lore since the beginning? I am also a bit scared not to like their design but only time will tell....

Anyway, sorry for the long post!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

23 minutes ago, Son Of Morghur said:

Hello Everyone, I was lurking since the beginning of the year, and now decided to create an account.

I just wanted to advise everyone, that someone on reddit just made a petition for our Goats (https://www.reddit.com/r/BeastsOfChaos/comments/1bxdar0/petition_to_get_our_goats_back/) and I am daring to post this here too:

Here is the link to the petition:

https://www.change.org/p/prevent-the-cancellation-of-beasts-of-chaos-faction-in-age-of-sigmar-4e?source_location=psf_petitions

I think, most of us who got their army blown away would appreciate it if you would sign....

I also just wanted to say that I am sorry for everyone that lost miniatures recently.

I really struggled to find a home for myself in the age of sigmar since they scrapped warhammer fantasy. I was a Wood Elves player, and although the Sylvaneth are really what is closest to the wood elves, I really do not enjoy their aesthetic anymore - I liked the savage part of the Woods, the Barky Treemen, the tree kin and so on. The change from Wood Elves to AoS Sylvaneth is already visible in late Warhammer 8th edition, when the Treemen got antropomorphized a lot and got their new models, but it didn't bother me at first. While I really like the fey and the new insect aspect, I pretty much despize the anthropomorphization of the nature aspect, and they kinda pushed this to the limit with the Kurnoth Hunters.

I just found my home in and invested myself a lot in Beastmen, even knowing the rumours. I really wouldn't have thought GW to pull off such an anti-consumerist move a second time, but I guess, I was too kind to them. I am really just sad and disgusted by GW right now and will boycott them for at least a year, if not more.....

As many others here, I am also eager to get Kurnothi, since their first appearance as a warband, but I am kinda tired of waiting. I feel like, since the beginning of AoS, lots of players are just waiting and wishing, and while it is fun and can be cool theorizing about new releases, I sometimes also find it pretty draining. While AoS has consolidated a lot, over the years I still wish that it would have treated their old playerbase better.... And I would wish for honest communication about what may or may not be in the works, may it just be hints. I completely lost it when I read the Kurnothi Warbringer story, because they pull out these things as if it was normal, but they literally do not introduce them to us? Same thing goes for Belthanos, who suddenly just "appeared" in the lore without any reason.

Also, I am now not even sure that we will even get Kurnothi soon or at all. What does lore presence mean anyway, when they dare to scrap whole armies (or subfactions) who were present in the lore since the beginning? I am also a bit scared not to like their design but only time will tell....

I don't believe a petition will do anything cause they already knew the players didn't want this when they did it but hey I'll sign it.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

If your opponent is cool with that, I guess you could proxy them but that’s pushing it to about its maximum limit. But WYSIWYG refers more to weapons, where the difference between a Mortek with a Sword and a Mortek with a Spear ultimately isn’t very meaningful besides being less of a pain to form up because swords don’t get caught on the shield of the guy in front of them. 

Yes, I completly agree that for AoS there shouldn't be a difference between a sword, spear and even a halberd statwise. That is not the problem.

I just find it stupid and immersion breaking that a shield is also discarded.

I wonder if it was so hard for the AoS team, to give to the warscroll when equiped with two weapons a +1 to attack and when the unit is equiped with shields either a re-roll of 1 for the armour save roll or +1 to the save.

For simplication they could keep the liberator at a fixed 3+ armour save. And than add the optionn that when the unit is equiped with two weapons +1 to the attack value and when the unit is equiped with shields. You can re-roll 1's with the armour save roll.

It's simple and it gives you the option to make your liberators more offensive or more defensive.

So you still have lots of freedom in how to equip the mini's, but than a shield does add something to the game. Now it's just to simple.

• Like 1

Probably because if the choice is between extra damage or extra defense on a unit which is designed to mostly sit on objectives, you're taking the defensive option every time, if you care about trying to maximise your list.  And if you're not that bothered about optimising your list, then being able to build your models however you like is maybe more appealing anyway.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Yes, I completly agree that for AoS there shouldn't be a difference between a sword, spear and even a halberd statwise. That is not the problem.

I agree with that. It becomes better for armies like Fyreslayers: 4 Troops. If we take Vulkites as an example, we could have:

• Vulkites with Double "Fireforged Weapon" (I don't care if they are build with the picks, axes, swords or whips) and have an offensive basic unit.
  • Vulkites With "Fireforged Weapons" and Bladed Slinghields and have a defensive basic unit that can throw their shields to reduce any charge bonus from the enemis.

That would add some playstyle variation and it's easier to see than a Grandhammer (1/5 for nuLiberators) and  play too (all the unit has the same loadout).

6 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

Probably because if the choice is between extra damage or extra defense on a unit which is designed to mostly sit on objectives, you're taking the defensive option every time, if you care about trying to maximise your list.  And if you're not that bothered about optimising your list, then being able to build your models however you like is maybe more appealing anyway.

That's all about GW, they can give enough tools (in the rules) to make diferent gameplay styles. But the point is, let the player choose.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

I can understand that, but than it's a step back compared with AoS 3th edition. Over simplification and with a major focus on a tournament environment with a sole purpose to give each unit one defined function.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I don't believe a petition will do anything cause they already knew the players didn't want this when they did it but hey I'll sign it.

While I do not find it very likely either, it's still better than nothing. Also I will try to email them or write them a letter. They will probably just ignore it, but still, if we want things to change we should try everything we can (this also just generally speaking,not just about this particular situation).

As consumers of their product(s) we still have some choice. We have the power to buy (or not buy) their products (and Games Workshop already felt backlash through boycotts in the past: https://spikeybits.com/2021/11/news-of-the-gw-fan-revolt-has-hit-wall-street.html) and to be more or less vocal about their marketing decisions.

I am definitely not always against GW nor a complete GW hater - although this time I am totally against them, because scrapping a whole army after 10 years of support and telling people to play another gamesystem, after some of those players maybe even had rebased their WhFB armies armies to play AoS, is just downright outrageous.

I find that they are often extremly clumsy and doing things in really outdated and impractical ways. (Still a lot of things about the company are outrageous and really problematic, like not giving credit to their artists, designers and all the people involved.......).

I also think that GW has made progress about some things - especially about listening to their community - so far.

• Like 2

A little note here: the lore section of Pyre and Flood puts a lot of emphasis on this River Aelementor named Daxio Whitecrest, who is apparently the most powerful River Aelementor in Hysh (albeit currently inactive due to his river being polluted during the Spirefall, but the Lumineth are working on cleaning it up). I'm pretty sure they're setting this guy up to be the named character for the River Temple, like Avalaneor for the Mountains and Severith for the Wind. 

Also it's confirmed he's a horse so there's that, people were already guessing that from the River helmets but now we're certain. 

Edited by BarakUrbaz
  • Like 9
  • LOVE IT! 5

10 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I can understand that, but than it's a step back compared with AoS 3th edition. Over simplification and with a major focus on a tournament environment with a sole purpose to give each unit one defined function.

The majority of the time people just figured out which option was the best and did that. Having one weapon option is also just easier to understand from a new player perspective and easier to balance around. I was hoping they'd do it for a while now. There's plenty of things I wish had more depth, but choosing between things like spears vs swords was not one of them.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, AngryLizardRat said:

The majority of the time people just figured out which option was the best and did that. Having one weapon option is also just easier to understand from a new player perspective and easier to balance around. I was hoping they'd do it for a while now. There's plenty of things I wish had more depth, but choosing between things like spears vs swords was not one of them.

Less stress when building kits also, go with what looks cool and not have to worry about the best option for gaming. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, AngryLizardRat said:

For AoS, I agree with this. But not every player is a min/maxer.

But that is not the point. In my post I am agreeing with the one weapon option. The point is that they also added the shield option to it. So shields have no purpose more in AoS. The problem with AoS 3rd edition was that a shield could mean for each warscroll something different. That had to change, but now they decided to just remove the value of shields all together.

It seems that they want to make each warscroll very narrowed in function. A very rock - paper - scissors playstyle.

Anyway It's to early to make a conclusion, but if the AoS design team set there focus on making the best tournament game, than upper management should be very happy that they brought back TOW.

Edit:

What I tried to say is perfectly explained by @JackStreicher

8 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Simplification of general game rules is fine. This isn’t a simplification but a removal of choice. Once units have no choices left they become boring since they can’t diverge from the behavioral pattern that’s been set for them.

This is a case of a unit becoming boring (and once again more a token than a gaming piece). 

The removal of optional choice is seldom a good thing.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, SunStorm said:

Less stress when building kits also, go with what looks cool and not have to worry about the best option for gaming. 

If there is only one best option, than it means the design team failed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'll say this. I did not have an issue with 4 pages of rules during AoS 1.0. But ultimately I prefer AoS 3.0 approach (and TOW approach even more).  This return to simplification was completely unnecessary. Especially the simplification of weapons. Some of you say that very often the choice between unit's weapons was an illusion, because one option was clearly better. Maybe. But then GW should make it matter and not just take away that choice completely. Some of you say that it gives you more modelling freedom. And in the past I thought the same. But not anymore. The reason? Because to me it feels like nothing I do matters. I want to make this choices!

Ultimately, with both those changes and recent squatting, AoS is (not so slowly) losing things that made me interested in it.

• Like 2

There are rumors about what miniatures the stormcast will get for the fourth edition box.

The only thing I know is that we will get new models of liberators, who have received their new thunderous armor, part of that in the trailer is shown three possible new miniatures that seem to belong to the newly opened chamber of ruin a character in a Gryph-charger , a unit of three miniatures wielding ax and shield, it also appears that there will be takers from the Chamber of Ruin.

Apart from this, you think that we will get other miniatures, for my part I think that at least we will receive two heroes on foot now, if they will be new models to old models with the new thunderous armor, I don't know.

Guys, I’ve missed the point a bit, but… Do they really made pair weapons/shield options equal? This doesn’t make sense besides visual aesthetic. I can understand that spear and sword for example equal now, but shield or another weapon instead - this is pretty awkward. Too bad they didn’t think over this point. 

4 minutes ago, Mcm6495 said:

There are rumors about what miniatures the stormcast will get for the fourth edition box.

The only thing I know is that we will get new models of liberators, who have received their new thunderous armor, part of that in the trailer is shown three possible new miniatures that seem to belong to the newly opened chamber of ruin a character in a Gryph-charger , a unit of three miniatures wielding ax and shield, it also appears that there will be takers from the Chamber of Ruin.

Apart from this, you think that we will get other miniatures, for my part I think that at least we will receive two heroes on foot now, if they will be new models to old models with the new thunderous armor, I don't know.

The hero is mounting what seems to be a mix of a crown with something else.

About the units, one is ruination chamber prosecutors. The other one with the axes seems to be from the Paladins conclave, so it wouldn't surprise me if those are the ones replacing the Paladins. Ruination again.

If we have more than that in the box, it would depend on whether the box in the end comes with scenery.

3 minutes ago, Mcm6495 said:

Apart from this, you think that we will get other miniatures

Oh definitely. Just look at AoS3, a lot of other cool stuff didn’t launch until after the Starter set and Draconith waited until December.

So I’m sure the box is only the beginning for both armies getting a bunch of releases afterwards to refill the Stormcast Eternal Ranks and bolster the Skaven hordes.

3 minutes ago, michu said:

That is not a Gryph-Charger, it's a big bird.

It does look like a new variation of Gryph-charger. Still has 4 legs and horns, but it's based off a different bird as it's more corvid than raptor.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Son Of Morghur said:

I've been hoping for kurnothi too but with bonesplitterz going away after their underworlds kit, I think maybe underworlds are less of a design commitment/indicator as we once thought

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ookami said:

Guys, I’ve missed the point a bit, but… Do they really made pair weapons/shield options equal? This doesn’t make sense besides visual aesthetic. I can understand that spear and sword for example equal now, but shield or another weapon instead - this is pretty awkward. Too bad they didn’t think over this point. 

I’m guessing they want units to fulfill different unit purposes.

like Libs are tough units that can take & hold objectives while Vindictors and other spear units will get different abilities(and this is a guess) like “Brace(Rend)” that increases Rend against charge attacks and a special ability to get better hits against Cav & Monster keywords so those units have a role to block opponents and chase down beasties.

We’ll have to see the whole picture but I’m excited to see how they expand from here and streamline AoS for a refresh to new players. :)

Also now that Lib weapons are cosmetic only we can unleash the true Chad weapon choice.

Dual Shields! 🛡️🛡️

image0.jpg?ex=66235731&is=6610e231&hm=a8

• Like 2
  • Haha 18
  • LOVE IT! 3

9 minutes ago, Ookami said:

Apparently yes, but warscrolls/datas from new edition boxes usually come with very little options, expanded when the index/battletime/codex is revealed, so maybe the shield/dual is the same when the box arrives or in spearhead, but I'm sure it won't be the case when the battletome arrives.

2 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

I’m guessing they want units to fulfill different unit purposes.

like Libs are tough units that can take & hold objectives while Vindictors and other spear units will get different abilities(and this is a guess) like “Brace(Rend)” that increases Rend against charge attacks and a special ability to get better hits against Cav & Monster keywords so those units have a role to block opponents and chase down beasties.

We’ll have to see the whole picture but I’m excited to see how they expand from here and streamline AoS for a refresh to new players. :)

Also now that Lib weapons are cosmetic only we can unleash the true Chad weapon choice.

Dual Shields! 🛡️🛡️

image0.jpg?ex=66235731&is=6610e231&hm=a8

Stormcap Eternals.

"And get this man a shield!" 

• LOVE IT! 1