The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Chikout said:

It's here. Screenshot_20240406-013212.png.d471a0194ffdfaa54bd631587346fa30.png

The article also says there are seven weapon ability USRs. I can only think of 4. Mortal wounds, exploding hits, auto wounds and ignore save modifiers. Anyone care to guess what they all are? 

Bonus vs Infantry/Large (The trick the Namarti Thralls have on their blades)?

2 minutes ago, Chikout said:

The article also says there are seven weapon ability USRs. I can only think of 4. Mortal wounds, exploding hits, auto wounds and ignore save modifiers. Anyone care to guess what they all are? 

Lance from 40k which was +1 to wound on charge, maybe?  Maybe something for anti-monster or anti-cavalry?

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

MW on wound

MW on hit

Exploding hits

Auto wound hits

Fight first

Fight last

Designate choice between alternate profiles for same weapon (like hail shot vs cannon shot)

(these are guesses)

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

Strongly agree with this post, but I think people as mad as me are in the minority. Most people are still going to be excited about everything that gets posted/revealed.

I mean yeah every post does have SOME angry comments but idk about pure coldness (even if I do kinda wish they would so GW couldn't pretend people aren't upset)

Thing is, I genuinely want to be excited about the new edition because so far the rules look great and my army (Cities) is garanteed to get new stuff. The rule snippets look promising and I think this could unironically be the best edition of AoS gameplay wise. 

But idk man... I can't bring myself to be excited, because I won't be able to experience the new edition with 100% of the community because some hobbyists are leaving AoS because of GW's souless business moves. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm like "yeeeeah... new rules are cool, because X or Y..." with little enthusiasm to show for it.

I feel like when the dust settles in a week or two, I'd probably feel more interested about the new edition. 

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Thing is, I genuinely want to be excited about the new edition because so far the rules look great and my army (Cities) is garanteed to get new stuff. The rule snippets look promising and I think this could unironically be the best edition of AoS gameplay wise. 

But idk man... I can't bring myself to be excited, because I won't be able to experience the new edition with 100% of the community because some hobbyists are leaving AoS because of GW's souless business moves. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm like "yeeeeah... new rules are cool, because X or Y..." with little enthusiasm to show for it.

I feel like when the dust settles in a week or two, I'd probably feel more interested about the new edition. 

Nothing that a "little" cogfort cannot fix.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Reroll 1s/failed/all, mortals on the wound roll, mortals in addition?

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Nothing that a "little" cogfort cannot fix.

No, because I'm gonna restraint from buying as 1/ a show of protest towards GW (I didn't buy a single GW product for a year when they cracked down on fan animations, and I'll do it again) and 2/ because I need to work on my pile of shame and I paint at a glacial pace.

Even if a centerpiece CoS model would be nice.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Chikout said:

mortals on 6s to hit.
'x' Mortals in addition on 6s to hit

Mortals on 6s to wound

'x' Mortals in addition on 6s to wound

hit roll of 6 is 'x' hits

critical hits on (x) (i.e 5+)

critical wounds on (x)

21 hours ago, Pizzaprez said:

Ah! Very envious of you there! I missed picking it up on eBay before they hit TOW and the book like tripled in price. I always liked the Chaos Dwarfs, even when they were already running an "out of date" book when I discovered them as a teen. I liked them enough I wanted to see 'em on the table, even if it was mostly losses.

Part of the appeal of a miniatures game is "these are my dudes; i made them!" and I plan on riding that crew through highs and lows in balance..... but you can't get too much lower than "deleted entirely."

Can't exaggerate how disappointed I am with this part in particular. It was the narrative beat I was anticipating the most. Morghur was shaping up to be an antagonist for the first time like ever outside of "this dude in the woods is bad news!" Like, I don't even care about the setting much at all anymore. Can't see myself even finishing the back half of Dawnbringers; what's the point? There isn't actually a plan for the story.

I've played since AOS 2.0. I can say, I've literally never read any of the lore. At all.

1 hour ago, DoctorPerils said:

it will feel psychologically like you're the one who killed your own model.

i mean... this is Nagash's whole thing. it's why he wants to be the only god of Death. it may subjectively be a rule you dislike, but it is 110% flavor for bone daddy. you could always ask for best out of 3 too ;)

37 minutes ago, Chikout said:

8. Even though I'm colour blind, I like the presentation. It's super easy to find the spell and the rampage on the warscroll. 

extremely glad to hear this as it was a big fear of mine that GW would not consider colorblindness when coloring everything. hopefully the charge and hero phases remain relatively separated

I'd imagine an ability as some units have "On damage get +1 or -1" to something (hit/save) particularly with shooting units tagging an enemy for combat units to go and finish

17 minutes ago, Chikout said:

My bet

1) Mortal - crits convert damage into mw

2) Anti-X - improve the roll for getting a crit against certain keywords (intantry, monster...)

3) Exploding - crits give extra hits

4) Lance - improve certain characteristics when charging (+1 wnd/+1 rend...)

5) Precission - rr 1s to hit

6) Stabilyzed - +1 hit (ranged) if you didn't move

7) Devastating wounds - improve rend when crit to wound.

11 minutes ago, Aphotic said:

I've played since AOS 2.0. I can say, I've literally never read any of the lore. At all.

I've played since launch after a years-long miniatures hiatus; I loved the idea of the End Times *finally* happening and moving on to a sequel setting, esp with the free rules.

Early lore was super vague, but it picked up in 2nd edition and I got very attached. I liked Broken Realms and was eager to see how Season of War played out.

Blood in the Badlands, Storm of Chaos, Lustria, etc were some of my fav WHF books. Love the setting, love the models, lukewarm about the rules and GW as a company

7 hours ago, EonChao said:

I don't like the guy, and he was wrong plenty of times in the past, but the last time he got something wrong was the Black Templars Ancient and that was based on a photo of a conversion in the codex that was leaked to him so would have seemed completely credible. 

AFAIK, the Ancient was listed in the massive 40k leak from Bolter and Chainsword of August-ish 2021 (the same one with unreleased CSM Bikers). Valrak has been rather spot-on but his info is not always consistent (e.g. he had been stating for a non-negligible time that one of the forthcoming CSM Lords would be Terminator-clad, and introduced uncertainty on the armour type later on; similarly, Brood Brothers Kill Team was meant to be Kasrkin-based).