The Rumour Thread

42 minutes ago, novakai said:

It like Greenskinz, swifthawk agents, and wanderers when they got gutted, They exists only in the fluff now and slowly never mention again

never say never, cuz things sometimes get positively weird 

Edited by Whitefang
  • Like 17

7 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

oh for reference of the SE cut

1712274467638406.gif.2b927103e4f3184ea25122a2315d950f.gif

There are numerous errors on this. Zephyros and Lord-Relictor were not announced to be cut. Liberators and Prosecutors are already confirmed to get new models. It includes the Stormcoven and Truthseekers, but shows other Underworlds warbands being cut. The Lord-Castellant from Toll's Companions is not a Stormcast unit, he is part of a Cities of Sigmar unit. Gryph-hounds are not included at all. Showing two different Lord-Ordinators is pointless, since there is only one warscroll. Similarly there is no reason to show the 3x Sequitor box since that's the same unit as regular Sequitors (but in an illegal unit size)

There are multiple units that have no rules, like the various Questors/Incantor/Arcanum/Liberator special releases. It is misleading to include these models, as they do not have a different warscroll and most of them are not available for sale anyway.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

never say never, cuz things sometimes get positively weird 

I really wish you could just say that Beasts are going to come back as more mutated monsters further down the line. I know you can't but I wish you could.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I really wish you could just say that Beasts are going to come back as more mutated monsters further down the line. I know you can't but I wish you could.

He very much could. He outright did it for Chaos Dwarfs and right now, I figure it’s best we don’t get our copes up. 

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

So they exist in the lore but not as a Faction? 

This is already true for loads of stuff. Grotbag scuttlers are a good example. I'm reading Yndrasta and the story is about a group of humans that certainly aren't cities of Sigmar. There's a giant six legged bear that doesn't have a model (I wish it would) and lots of other things that aren't in a battletome. I'd actually prefer if the lore and the miniature range were separated somewhat. It allows the authors more freedom. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, novakai said:

I feel only Ogors are the army currently in the danger zone of being taken out of AoS. There also mini factions like Spiderfang and non human CoS that are in the same category

Stormcast are kind of an outlier army where they can get a lot of update and things can get discontinue to keep them fresh every three years. I wouldn’t use them as a bases for what may happen to other armies.

Two of the main people in charge of AoS are big Ogor fans, namely Phil Kelly and Jes Bickham. I'm not sure who it is that makes these kinds of calls but I'm pretty sure Ogors are safe. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

Two of the main people in charge of AoS are big Ogor fans, namely Phil Kelly and Jes Bickham. I'm not sure who it is that makes these kinds of calls but I'm pretty sure Ogors are safe. 

Part of me says: "They just got new Gorgers and terrain, of course they're safe."
The other part says: "We still have ****** resin wizards."

As someone who was asking for a SCE consolidation, this is about the last way I expected GW to do it haha. And based on their wording and how they want to cut roster bloat, I'm 100% sure they're not coming back. At least, not in the foreseeable future. We would have seen something in the trailers or leaks.

It also won't be difficult to proxy them as other units and if you don't like the rules getting dropped, there are better fantasy war games out there. GW makes good models. That's about it. Free yourself from their shackles.

It is pretty goofy that the 3e battletome had entire sections and a short story dedicated to saying, "Don't worry, Fatcast. The Thunderstrike won't replace you. Everyone has their role here :^)"

And then...

Given the existence of Vigilors, I wouldn't mind if Judicators were dropped completely, and Liberators could replace Vindictors and I don't think anyone would complain.

But now I have to wonder: what will happen to the Vanguard and Extremis Chambers? Celestant-Prime? I guess they have to save something for 5e.

32 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

He very much could. He outright did it for Chaos Dwarfs and right now, I figure it’s best we don’t get our copes up. 

Yeah he could but I know he won't. And it wouldn't matter anyway because if he means 5+ years from now then I don't care if they're coming back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TreelordRecent said:

This is basically what they did for 40K with Primaris.

well this happened a few more times with marines, especially in the beginning editions like 3-5

people loved "beakies" coming back in 30k for a reason, for example. i think the jump from beak helmets to the rounder ones is a similar situation here--that the old models will essentially be useable for the entire life of AOS but newer versions will come out.

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

while i'm sad to see so many stormcast squatted, it is a strange day indeed when the biggest community joke is "stormcast range is so bloated i don't bother learning any names lol!!!" and now the general playerbase is angry they've been culled. Not unwelcome anger for sure, but major whiplash

Probably gonna get some blow back from this but I smell a whole lot of faux outrage online. I bet 90% of the people screaming to the high rafters don't even own a single of these kits or play them. 

Question…..

The article says Bonesplitazz are leaving. However, the units shown are missing big stabbaz. Is this purposefully? I don’t have a lot of knowledge on their kits. 

Are the units shown what is going away or what is getting a warscroll for the next year. 

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Wait so with a certain SCE character killed off in Dawnbringers 4 and their model now removed...are they gone completely? Or being reforged as new mini?

the more i think about it, the more i feel like this is guaranteed tbh

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

Question…..

The article says Bonesplitazz are leaving. However, the units shown are missing big stabbaz. Is this purposefully? I don’t have a lot of knowledge on their kits. 

Big Stabbaz are just part of the regular Savage Orruks kits. Because they were originally just a unit upgrade in Warhammer Fantasy. 

• Thanks 1