The Rumour Thread

44 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Real talk, back when the squatting of Beastmen was only a rumor people were saying "why doesn't GW just go out and honestly say this stuff instead of leaving us to speculate? If they have bad news just tell us openly."

And then they told the bad news openly, and everyone's having a ragevomit about now. 

At LVO folks asked GW about BoC and got response that essentially rumors about BoC squat are false.

Screenshot from AoS Coach discord

image.png.c8192b4f7487aeeb6dcc3d7133b2587c.png

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

28 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Want to know what @The Red King and the rest of BoC owners think.

What if the new Chorfs, that would be released during the next 3 years, are the ones that have a mix of duardins and something like beasts/ goats/ bulls? Would you like that as a replacement?

We know that all the armies getting refreshes would, in more or less degree, be Aosified. It could be their approach, IMO.

I wouldn't like this. I mean, I'd be happy for everyone who is excited for Chaos Duardin. It's been a long time coming!

I like beasts. I like my color scheme. I like the potential they had in AoS as a narrative force. My beasts weren't meaningless fodder for the human chosen of Chaos and I wouldn't enjoy them so much if they filled the same role in another Chaos army.

Just now, Ogregut said:

My guess is that's when the replacement faction will be released. 

Even in my anger I can appreciate that they gave a year of rules before they go extinct and the fact that that MIGHT be enough time to give them a proper reimagining has crossed my mind but at this point in time it feels like pure Copium, especially with resident rumor mongers giving no credence to the idea.

We'll also see what happens with Cubicle 7's champions of chaos. I suspected it had gone radio silent specifically because they were changing something big (same happened before the death book and the release of SBGL if I recall) so if the book has no mention of the beasts I think it's safe to say GW isn't planning on replacing the faction any time soon. 

Actually that's safest to say anyway considering this mortal wound to consumer confidence and trust has us questioning if Ogors are going to stay in the game.

Assume all purchases are good for 3 years or less (if you want them for rules rather than painting/collecting) and factor that into whether they're worth the cost. My answer is going to be no every time.

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

I'll never burn by army but I do feel the need to cynically ask what they kids are supposed to do with them? D&D I guess? Plus I don't want to encourage anyone to get into a game run by such a... company.

They will have rules for the whole of 4th ed, at least.

4 minutes ago, Boar said:

At LVO folks asked GW about BoC and got response that essentially rumors about BoC squat are false.

It just shows how competitive scene can't be trusted and always ruins the fun in games. Sorry.

• Confused 12

19 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

So two things.

1)
image.png.3724c4e3982ec8d6f55d4120a1bd5add.png

Hopefully they come back that they are just leaving AoS. I do tbh find it very hard to see Horns of Hashut being removed from Warcry as they are still from this current edition and pretty good. The rest are all from the first and second wave from the start of the game so more understandable, but still sad to see them go. Would still love to grab at least 4 of these.

And
2) I just realised that they said the entire Sacrosant chamber is going away.... There is no Knight Incantor pictured here on this list. Either they missed it off or we can still use it or it is getting an update.

And what about the Knight-Arcanum, aren't they part of the Sacrosanct as well (even if they were introduced with Dominion)?

4 minutes ago, Boar said:

Well I guess because I talked a lot about the possibility for like, a year that I'm one of the ****** he's talking about.

Rejoice everyone, the Warcom article today is a hoax! Otherwise that guy would be a liar and nah, nah he wouldn't do that, right?

(This post is made with humorous intent)

2 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

It just shows how competitive scene can't be trusted and always ruins the fun in games. Sorry.

Hear me out here is it possible that GW is just a corporate mess and people don't talk to each other so the events planning people don't know about model range changes because it's not their job.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

They absolutely should tell us what we can expect- Are Ogors staying? Are the Idoneth staying? Can we expect that the 2nd Generation Warcry Warbands will be sticking around long-term? If not, then what are the plans for updating the Gorgers long-term, and the Chameleon Skinks?

This is a huge blow to my certainty that I would buy two of Briar and Bone because I wanted 2 of the Teratic Cohort, because if I can expect to see them dropped 2 years from now, there's no reason to buy more than one (Because I am neurotic about certain things and completing my Bonereapers are one of those things. The best thing they could do now would be reveal what is getting replaced, what's getting fully dropped, and what the lifespan on Warcry Warbands should be.

1 minute ago, ScionOfOssia said:

They absolutely should tell us what we can expect- Are Ogors staying? Are the Idoneth staying? Can we expect that the 2nd Generation Warcry Warbands will be sticking around long-term? If not, then what are the plans for updating the Gorgers long-term, and the Chameleon Skinks?

This is a huge blow to my certainty that I would buy two of Briar and Bone because I wanted 2 of the Teratic Cohort, because if I can expect to see them dropped 2 years from now, there's no reason to buy more than one (Because I am neurotic about certain things and completing my Bonereapers are one of those things. The best thing they could do now would be reveal what is getting replaced, what's getting fully dropped, and what the lifespan on Warcry Warbands should be.

I can understand the loss of confidence in GW, I have lost more than 100 minis but, to be honest, almost ever cut was known.

14 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Interesting that the beasts go to legends in summer 2025.

Why not at the end of 4th edition? 

My guess is that's when the replacement faction will be released. 

Chorfs.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Why would they drop the teratic cohort or chameleon skinks, they're part of their associated armies fully, unlike the realm associated chaos warbands.

I suppose now thinking about it, this is solid point against s2d splitting into darkoath and chaos warriors. 

Edited by Luperci

The more I think about the cull, the harsher it feels, especially with stormcast .  Like, the entire 2nd edition Stormcast line?  ALL of it?  That's not even that long ago.  Will every stormcast model released in 3rd edition be similarly purged when 5th edition came out?  Bonesplitters and Beastmen are bad enough as legacy old world factions that never got meaningful AoS support, but Stormcast are supposed to be the poster faction for the entire game.  Huge oof.

• Like 2

Good evening everyone, I know most of you are still reeling from today's bad news. Unfortunately, there are more new leaks.

I know a lot of you are playing Total War Warhammer 3. I can officially confirm that if the dlc sales don't double during this year, the current plan is to end the saga in late 2026 / early 2027 with a final dlc called The End Times which will bring the Supereme Lord Nagash and Gray Seer Thanquol with Verminlords in the final cataclysmic dlc for Total War Warhammer 3

At the end of 2027, Warhammer 40K will either be announced or released.

Nagash - his lore & background from the Old World to the Mortal Realms!Thanquol and Boneripper

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

People are angry and tbf GW has given them good reasons for that.

But just remember : anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering, etc etc... 

Suffering leads to Chaos, Chaos leads to mutations, mutations lead to Transformation to Beastmen........

• Like 1

Just now, Baron I_oyd said:

Good evening everyone, I know most of you are still reeling from today's bad news. Unfortunately, there are more new leaks.

I know a lot of you are playing Total War Warhammer 3. I can officially confirm that if the dlc sales don't double during this year, the current plan is to end the saga in late 2026 / early 2027 with a final dlc called The End Times which will bring the Supereme Lord Nagash and Gray Seer Thanquol with Verminlords in the final cataclysmic dlc for Total War Warhammer 3

Nagash - his lore & background from the Old World to the Mortal Realms!Thanquol and Boneripper

Alternatively, if you want to play Nagash now, the mod for him is excellent.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sception said:

The more I think about the cull, the harsher it feels, especially with stormcast .  Like, the entire 2nd edition Stormcast line?  ALL of it?  That's not even that long ago.  Will every stormcast model released in 3rd edition be similarly purged when 5th edition came out?  Bonesplitters and Beastmen are bad enough as legacy old world factions that never got meaningful AoS support, but Stormcast are supposed to be the poster faction for the entire game.  Huge oof.

Hard agree. I'm sore about BoC and worried about Ogors, because they're part of my panoply of 9 armies (don't ask). But the Stormcast culls are weird. Not least because I like my weird knights, whether SCE or Space Marines, and I simply don't understand or agree with the demand for true scale or better proportions or whatever. The net effect of that demand has become a less interesting/weird aesthetic, the (now) rapid culling of masses of miniatures, and a less interesting world.

If anything is fair game and culls might now come in 3 years, we're in Magic the Gathering territory on something other than just rules (which was already annoying imo). I'm a whale/casual hybrid, exactly the sort of person that they'd put in their core customer category, and I'm very skittish now.

Edited by brocktoon
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

And what about the Knight-Arcanum, aren't they part of the Sacrosanct as well (even if they were introduced with Dominion)?

Although the Lord-Arcanum is going thankfully the Knight-Arcanum is not part of the chamber I believe.

3 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Imo the actual set of warcry minis are Aos minis that you can use in Warcry, and the first bunch, that now are gone, were Warcry minis that you can use in Aos.

Yeah, the design approach for Warcry has changed A LOT. You could even say they are different games.

4 minutes ago, Baron I_oyd said:

Total War Warhammer for 40k rather than AoS? 😭