The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, NotBeastmanBob said:

Ive stuck a comment asking is this a plan for Commemorative minis going forward on the twitter/X. 

Hoping they can acknowledge and at least given some information/indication 

I thought they mentioned some special event models would in time be sold as made to order, i think it started with the primaris company champion.

Also this so called rules post was just a summary of what was said on the video. That...thats disappointing.

Edited by Crypt

40 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

The main reason I doubt BoC get squatted is because of how weird of a decision it would be- I could see Spiderfang, Gitmob, City Aelves/Duardin, who are subfactions of a much larger faction or maybe Bonesplittaz (Though they’re pushing it), but BoC are only in need of a refresh and a day in the sun.

They’re a different narrative role from the Darkoath, who are “Slaves To Darkness Flavored Conan” and act as a dark reflection of the Cities of Sigmar, being “Natural Horror” and acting as a dark reflection of the Sylvaneth- Plus, assuming Chorfs get released, and S2D remains 1 Battletome, it would keep Chaos at a perfect 8 Tomes, a thematically perfect number. 

I agree with absolutley all of that.  It's just that every rumor we have says to worry and so I am. I mean idk if Singapore Warhound had the indexes but even he gave a sad react to my question of beasts and we KNOW he's got access to something to take potato pics of.

40 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

The main reason I doubt BoC get squatted is because of how weird of a decision it would be- I could see Spiderfang, Gitmob, City Aelves/Duardin, who are subfactions of a much larger faction or maybe Bonesplittaz (Though they’re pushing it), but BoC are only in need of a refresh and a day in the sun.

They’re a different narrative role from the Darkoath, who are “Slaves To Darkness Flavored Conan” and act as a dark reflection of the Cities of Sigmar, being “Natural Horror” and acting as a dark reflection of the Sylvaneth- Plus, assuming Chorfs get released, and S2D remains 1 Battletome, it would keep Chaos at a perfect 8 Tomes, a thematically perfect number. 

I agree with absolutley all of that.  It's just that every rumor we have says to worry and so I am. I mean idk if Singapore Warhound had the indexes but even he gave a sad react to my question of beasts and we KNOW he's got access to something to take potato pics of.

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, The Red King said:

It would be great to have it confirmed so people know what to do with their BoC armies. I was planning to buy and paint the vanguard box but I’m going to skip that until we know more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flippy said:

What does this mean? Like, seriously, balance? Flavour? Gameplay? I've very recently checked 40k rules (I haven't played this before) and everything looks rather elegant. Where's the mess?

There were some pretty stark power differences between factions at the start (win rates as low as 30 and above 70 percent) and I believe a lot of armies lost a bunch of options they have had for a long time. The indexes were just notably lower quality than the previous codexes.

IMO, AoS is in a good position to avoid most of that, though. Simply because the system has a lot less legacy rules it is lugging around.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flippy said:

What does this mean? Like, seriously, balance? Flavour? Gameplay? I've very recently checked 40k rules (I haven't played this before) and everything looks rather elegant. Where's the mess?

Huge amounts of errata's needed (to the point where the physical cards they printed out have more errors on them than the past 2 editions worth of codexes combined), tons of unintended but broken combos of power such as a plethora of high damage weapons with devastating wounds, needing the designer commentary to actually understand and use the Fly rules properly, plenty of core rules just not tested at all, tons of characters who join units and either give that unit a duplicate effect or give it a bonus that actively clashes with their weapons (tons of characters give their unit Lethal Hits, but the unit itself has Dev Wound weapons, which are two conflicting rules), bland and poorly thought out bonuses and abilities with armies like Votaan being able to get +4 to hit despite the modifiers to hit capping out at -1 or +1. I could go on.

Here is the 40k balance dataslate 

The amount of gigantic core rules changes is actually kind of crazy for a game not even a year old, and the index/codex changes are pretty gargantuan too. While it is good GW is willing to make those sorts of changes it also shows just what a complete disasterzone 10th was on release.

• Thanks 6

50 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Ya all rumors point to a hard separation between Old World and AoS. Really seems like the first big sign either way is if Dwarfs stays in Cities or not.

And with the Dwarfs release for Old World and 4.0 right there we should start getting answers soonish.

52 minutes ago, The Red King said:

The indexes aren't physical books so 8 don't see how he couldn't have seen them. My guess is his sad react is that he doesn't know. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ogregut said:

The indexes aren't physical books so 8 don't see how he couldn't have seen them. My guess is his sad react is that he doesn't know. 

I am not with you. It is true that most of what he said seems to be coming from the big box or the big book inside the big box, buuuuut... he mentioned all the Skaven range refresh, so he has access to something else as well. Maybe the indexes.

11 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

A decent amount of their range is still in-stock in the US, including their Vanguard and Tome. 

They are going to refresh the whole range but they will be reverse beastmen, and they will be goats with hands wearing pants.

Edited by HCMistborn
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I am not with you. It is true that most of what he said seems to be coming from the big box or the big book inside the big box, buuuuut... he mentioned all the Skaven range refresh, so he has access to something else as well. Maybe the indexes.

The updates to every faction will be available as downloads on release day, they won't be actual indexes/books. 

Yes, we saw some pages of either the big rulebook or promotional booklets but I can't see how he would have access to what is or isn't getting a faction pack on release day. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ragest said:

Is abour lore, so a filler.

To some the rules are filler. I skip every rules article because to me they are pointless filler in the way of my Lore!!

3 hours ago, The Red King said:

You know I'd like to apologize if I've been a miserable sod about GW and AoS of late. I still agree with most of what I've said but I don't want to give the impression I hate this game. I also couldn't be happier if I have to come back and eat 7 miles of crow (that idiom probably doesn't translate out of English very well lol) if GW doesn't remove beasts of chaos. So here's hoping everyone else is right and I'll personally apologize for every surly post I've ever made lol.

Mate dont be so hard on yourself. If there were rumours or even hints at Ogors being squatted Id be livid too.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

- No more book battle tactics. Generic and GA ones
- No more shooting into combat
- changes to unleash hell
- generic counter charge ability
- new way of choosing Spells when list building
- weapon ranges gone
- If you take the double you cannot score BT that round
- Index edition

Supposedly, those leaks came before Adepticon, and most of them are being confirmed now by the Adepticon preview (index, weapon ranges), today's video (counter charges) and wf jr (spell lore, double turn changes)

Edited by Ragest

1 hour ago, Flippy said:

Really 10ed 40k feels like they stole a huge chunk of AoS and I sort of hope GW does it again lol. I like 10ed a lot.

40k cut a lot of everything from the game to make a lot simpler, quicker, and easier to play. Some fans how found it to have lost a lot of its personalty in their factions.

Game play wise it was a bit of a mix bag. Seems like they had different teams working on different books so some factions were just insane and took 5 to 6 nurfs to get them in line with other factions. Other factions were trash and got much needed buffs. Overall I have been pretty happy with GW and balance.

Really hope they get rid of bravery checks and use the OC system in 40k.......... Tired of losing half my army to those checks lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ragest said:

- No more book battle tactics. Generic and GA ones
- No more shooting into combat
- changes to unleash hell
- generic counter charge ability
- new way of choosing Spells when list building
- weapon ranges gone
- If you take the double you cannot score BT that round
- Index edition

I do wonder how much that double turn penalty matters?

Maybe they are trying to make it an all or nothing move where if you take the double turn you better destroy the other player or you will lose on points??????

34 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Supposedly, those leaks came before Adepticon, and most of them are being confirmed now by the Adepticon preview (index, weapon ranges), today's video (counter charges) and wf jr (spell lore, double turn changes)

Where did those leaks come from?