The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Was dominion a limited run that they massively over produced? Or was it an ongoing product that they continued to make throughout the edition?

Perhaps they could be moving to the latter model for Ruination, particularly as it seems to also fulfill a dual role as a starter box for spearhead.

It was the former. Their strategy is to make a big launch box for the experienced players, and then switch to three smaller boxes to entice new players. The largest box starter box contains scenery. They’ve done this for 40k 8-10th editions. With AoS third edition was the first time they sold a box with plastic scenery. 
I wonder if the smart move would be to scrap the larger starter box and make the launch box an ongoing product with a much smaller initial print run, then intrudce the two smaller boxes later on. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I am super happy to see how the overall consensus here is that it is something positive. I think the same and I usually do it with stuff like the CoS spearhead where I bought the box and sold half of it. In Spain most of the comments I saw are that people treat you as a scalper anyway.

I'm Spanish and I agree with you that it is scalping. 😆

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I have a problem with that one. It is the one I looked at the most but just simply because I don't get what's going on on the lower side.

i had an idea like that for FEC but thought it was unplayable.

1 hour ago, Grungnisson said:

Well, that's the thing, isn't it? It could be just about any reason. And to be honest, I don't even care about 'why'. All I'm asking for is 'when'. 

The same thing keeps happening with Warcry (Vulkyn Flameseekers, Monster-Killaz) and it's really getting to a point that friends of mine are tired of waiting and interest is waning. Pyre and Flood was revealed 2 months ago, yet there's still not even a pre-order announcement in sight. Guess that's what happens when GWs resources are spread too thin over too many games.

11 minutes ago, Snarff said:

The same thing keeps happening with Warcry (Vulkyn Flameseekers, Monster-Killaz) and it's really getting to a point that friends of mine are tired of waiting and interest is waning. Pyre and Flood was revealed 2 months ago, yet there's still not even a pre-order announcement in sight. Guess that's what happens when GWs resources are spread too thin over too many games.

I can't say the interest is waning, in my case. Only played a game last Friday, having a full-dwarf CoS Warband, and had a blast. It's not as much about the game stagnating, as far as I'm concerned. But, just as I outlined it there, if I'm going to drop £90 in one go, I do need to budget ahead for it. And at the end of the day, what have they got to lose?

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

Neither. We're getting a lore article and a rules article this week. At least that what the Sunday preview said. 

I actually find it interesting that the 4th ed hype cycle is already starting even though the Dawnbringers hype cycle is not yet finished.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

I can't say the interest is waning, in my case. Only played a game last Friday, having a full-dwarf CoS Warband, and had a blast. It's not as much about the game stagnating, as far as I'm concerned. But, just as I outlined it there, if I'm going to drop £90 in one go, I do need to budget ahead for it. And at the end of the day, what have they got to lose?

The problem in my case is that people got very excited by the reveals (Nighthaunt/Lumineth players and people who just really liked the models), were ready to try Warcry, and then more than 2 months of nothing happened. No pre-order, no pre-order announcement even, no communication at all. Same thing happened before with the KB and for me with the FS warband. If the warband that really catches your eye takes months upon months to even get an announcement that it will be available for pre-order, it's difficult to keep the initial excitement up with week after week of disappointments.

Especially with the Pyregheists being in DB5 and being used in promotional pictures, but still no announcements

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kempak said:

What does the snake represent in the lumineth/phoenicum story, sorry if I missed the discussion?

Likely Abraxia and her lizard mount, with the tree being the everspring swathe and the nest being phoenicium

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Togetak said:

Likely Abraxia and her lizard mount, with the tree being the everspring swathe and the nest being phoenicium

Makes sense completely forgot about her dragon/lizard mount. 

I was like hmmm morathi or slaanesh breaking free. 

i still think the latter will be the plot point for malerions grand entrance so maybe by 5th 😭

Edited by Kempak

22 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I actually find it interesting that the 4th ed hype cycle is already starting even though the Dawnbringers hype cycle is not yet finished.

Makes you wonder how many issues have been going on in the background for this to happen. Maybe Dawnbringers should have been started earlier?

All I know is I want 4th edition now! :D 

20 minutes ago, Kempak said:

What does the snake represent in the lumineth/phoenicum story, sorry if I missed the discussion?

It's probably just Abraxia like others have mentioned, but my first association for "lizard with scars" was this guy:

https://images.beastsofwar.com/2021/07/Karazai-The-Scarred-Warhammer-Age-Of-Sigmar.jpg

Would certainly be an unexpected development.

1 minute ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Makes you wonder how many issues have been going on in the background for this to happen. Maybe Dawnbringers should have been started earlier?

All I know is I want 4th edition now! :D 

It really feels like that was the plan. The Cities hype cycle was also unusually long. It feels like the refresh was supposed to drop before the start of the campaign, not right in the middle of it. So I would definitely suspect things to still be behind schedule.

Crazy to think about, given that BR: Kragnos was ALSO behind. We have been dealing with delays the whole of 3rd edition at this point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

It was the former. Their strategy is to make a big launch box for the experienced players, and then switch to three smaller boxes to entice new players. The largest box starter box contains scenery. They’ve done this for 40k 8-10th editions. With AoS third edition was the first time they sold a box with plastic scenery. 
I wonder if the smart move would be to scrap the larger starter box and make the launch box an ongoing product with a much smaller initial print run, then intrudce the two smaller boxes later on. 

They've also introduced a little change in leviathan, that could be brought to 4th. Leviathan core rulebook includes de Path to glory campaign, that the stand alone core book doesn't have. 

Well, look what finally turned up.

xQjHR2RIX6R2i6Dy.jpgCActbTEkmCbfoLim.jpg

The miniatures will be available for a limited time only. Both Mordern Tzane and Killaboss Zagnog will be on sale directly from the webstore – but Tzane will be added to your shopping basket for free when you spend £150 in one go. And if that weren’t enough, if you spend £100 you’ll get a free discount code for Black Library worth £10!

This promotion is open from 10am GMT on the 26th of March until 10am BST on the 29th of April. Terms and conditions apply.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 7

13 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Espero que uno de los ejércitos que necesita urgentemente una Ola 2 (Idoneth, Kharadron y Fyreslayers tienen alcances pequeños y eran ejércitos de la 1.ª edición, por lo que deberían tener prioridad sobre los Bonereapers) obtenga el suyo pronto, luego los Bonereapers (aunque otra banda de Warcry y algunos Las cosas del inframundo me ayudarían a salir adelante). 

I must say that currently the Idoneth and the Fyreslayers are the only factions of the order that I like so I look forward to them receiving a second wave

47 minutes ago, Togetak said:

Same. I grabbed some of the marines for less than half of what they cost when they came out as solo boxes. Biologis was £8, Lt with combi was £6 and it was £18 for a squad of Sternguard.

33 minutes ago, Kempak said:

Makes sense completely forgot about her dragon/lizard mount. 

I was like hmmm morathi or slaanesh breaking free. 

i still think the latter will be the plot point for malerions grand entrance so maybe by 5th 😭

Slaanesh devotees all saying "scuse me, can we have our god back yet?" 

• Like 2