The Rumour Thread

21 minutes ago, EthanolMuffins said:

I only got into AoS a couple months ago, I really hope they reveal whether they index or not because I want to know if it is safe to buy the battletome for my faction or to wait.

it does not matter when in the edition you join, the rules for buying battletomes remain the same at all times:

do you want it for the art, the painting guides, and the lore? then buy it. if you only want it for the rules, don't bother.

Book prices have been steadily going up while QC has been going down, on top of too many day 1 (or month 3) FAQs being needed.

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Horus Heresy was full box reveal + extras and the trailer (probably because it got leaked a year before :D).

And 10th 40k was 2 Terminators and 2 Tyranids, some extra info and the trailer.

38 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Even though everybody knew about the 30k box, it was just the trailer at Adepticon (I only remember because everybody was surprised when the cat had been out of the bag for so long). The official full boxset was at WarhammerFest a month or so later. 

I am hoping we see the full set at tonight though, at least if there's no plans for another Online WarhammerFest (there might be, but who knows), however I've got my senses set to Cynic this time.

Like 10th edition, Heresy 2.0 got two models from the starter box revealed at Adepticon 2022 in addition to the trailer, a beakie and a praetor (we had seen the entire box through leaks beforehand but still).

3 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Is the Sylvaneth warband just a rumour, or how confident are we that's what we're getting?

Just a wishlist, though there was an engine that had a sylvaneth feel to it

could be nurgle though

3 minutes ago, EonChao said:

I don't think Whitefang liked any posts relating to it being a Sylvaneth warband but I'm not 100% on that.

was a post re Loremaster episode about bonereapers and Sylvaneth in warcry which got a like from whitefang 

Screenshot_20240320_213413_WhatsApp.jpg

Edited by Baz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baz said:

was a post re Loremaster episode about bonereapers and Sylvaneth in warcry which got a like from whitefang 

image.png.814acf16334ac907f5e3711f095c201b.png

Well we're defo getting the Bonereapers but hopefully 'Fang was liking the Sylvaneth too.

• Like 1

It's incredible how much excitement is floating around here, this community is great (even if I mostly lurk) and I truly hope everyone gets what they want in the reveals.

Before I go to sleep and wake up to awesome new stuff, I just wanna make a prediction, for the fun of it. I'm betting that we'll see Dawnbringers 6, which will release with Lady of Ruin and the darkoaths. Then, it's gonna be a hero and the basic battleline reveal for Skaven and Stormcast. For Underworlds we'll get a band of human flagellants hinting at what the full unit will look like, and for warcry it'll be ossiarch archers with dogs vs spooky sylvaneth. Until then though, good night to those reasonable enough to sleep, and to those staying up, have a good reveal show

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Is the Sylvaneth warband just a rumour, or how confident are we that's what we're getting?

Wishlisting. We have the OBR vs Sylvaneth short and something from loremasters, but IMO it is not enough.

1 hour ago, Kronos said:

Strangely similar This one. 

IMG_0551.jpeg

IMG_0547.png

That get me thinking if they're going down the Blanch Siggy then i would like to see some variant of the Persecutors with the angel wings, not that the jetpack light wings are a problem. Having an elite version of them with the angelic wings would be so good not just AOS fans but also 40k. I know we got these of the standard jetpack just with flames on the tip end but wish we can get both

The variant mask version also be icing. Especially the liberator on the right

33c921e41fc733322c1df84d20a3d362.jpg

• Like 2

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

it does not matter when in the edition you join, the rules for buying battletomes remain the same at all times:

do you want it for the art, the painting guides, and the lore? then buy it. if you only want it for the rules, don't bother.

Book prices have been steadily going up while QC has been going down, on top of too many day 1 (or month 3) FAQs being needed.

Thanks a ton for helping with those guidelines for the battletomes! I love lore and art so I will probably get them after all then.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EthanolMuffins said:

Thanks a ton for helping with those guidelines for the battletomes! I love lore and art so I will probably get them after all then.

Definitely don't pay top dollar. There will be loads of people selling their battletomes for next to nothing in the next few weeks and months. I'm trying to sell mine!

If we get an index edition, they'll be useless. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, EthanolMuffins said:

GW Publications are a strange one. I feel very satisfied with my purchases sometimes (The recent TOW books, Dark Angel Supplement) and other times I feel like the value is not there in terms of content (The Dawnbringers series, Arcane Journals) I do still think that going into a GW, buying a new Codex or Army book for 30 quid and sitting with a cup of tea reading it and putting together lists and really getting into the army is one of the most enjoyable aspects of the "GW hobby". My 2nd edition Eldar Codex still sits proudly on a shelf. I like getting the publications but I will be a lot more discerning when it comes to which ones I really want to get as I feel like GW has been really squeezing the price to content ratio lately. 

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hollow said:

GW Publications are a strange one. I feel very satisfied with my purchases sometimes (The recent TOW books, Dark Angel Supplement) and other times I feel like the value is not there in terms of content (The Dawnbringers series, Arcane Journals) I do still think that going into a GW, buying a new Codex or Army book for 30 quid and sitting with a cup of tea reading it and putting together lists and really getting into the army is one of the most enjoyable aspects of the "GW hobby". My 2nd edition Eldar Codex still sits proudly on a shelf. I like getting the publications but I will be a lot more discerning when it comes to which ones I really want to get. 

after several editions of aos and 40k, the novelty has worn off for me a bit, a lot of the lore and art is recycled, not that they should be only in one book and disappear forever, but it feels like it comes at the expense of new content and the fact that codex/battletome points are not even always valid on release is even worse

• Like 3