The Rumour Thread

43 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

The problem is it's usually false choice. 90% of the time there's a clear best choice in game terms, meaning you're just handicapping yourself if you take the inferior choice.

This is partly why I like the aforementioned new Ardboyz rules. The utility of your choice matters more as it effectively turns them into a different battlefield role in defenders or aggressors and doesn't as easily or blatantly show which is better. 

If this became a usr for spears and hand weapons I'd be thrilled!

Also I love to see rend toned down to where no rend is the norm and when you start getting into elite and heavy weapons is when it starts showing. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

This is partly why I like the aforementioned new Ardboyz rules. The utility of your choice matters more as it effectively turns them into a different battlefield role in defenders or aggressors and doesn't as easily or blatantly show which is better. 

If this became a usr for spears and hand weapons I'd be thrilled!

Also I love to see rend toned down to where no rend is the norm and when you start getting into elite and heavy weapons is when it starts showing. 

Rend had to go up because of the save-stacking from the start of the edition.

I can understand why they wanted to get rid of rerolls, but i think some are still necessary. +1 save for 1cp is too much, I prefer rr 1s like in second edition. The same for multiple abilities that give +1 to the point I see dudes with a 2+ save ignoring 2 points of rend.

• Like 1

I’d be good with tuning down Rend, Save Stacking, Mortal Wounds and Wards. I’d go so far as to say horde armies should barely have any outside of monsters and magic and Mortals should only come from charges, magic, and limited sources as opposed to 6s To Hit. 

• Like 1

Reducing re-rolls was a good idea, but getting rid of re-rolls from all armies was a mistake. 2+/2+ is the maximum accuracy possible and it's less than 70% likelyhood to achieve that. We need more granularity in accuracy, and there should be some units that are more accurate than 70%

It would be narratively appropriate to limit rerolls to elite martial units in armies like Stormcast, Slaves, OBR, etc. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AngryLizardRat said:

Why would they completely remove the ability to purchase a core faction of Old World?

Empire, Asur, Asrai fans that saw their figures shoot out into the void after CoS jettisoned them before they could get them:

image.jpeg.6525d070874efe42a4be3364a532f5ed.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I just found this. What would you say if new Chorfs follow a similar line?

GHmjEeNWMAAcKm8?format=jpg&name=large

Source.

As a unit sure, as an overall Aesthetic, no. 

I want Armoured Chaos Dwarfs with coiled beards. Personally I preferred what Forgeworld Did with the Infernal Guard over the traditional big hats for line Warriors. Drazhoath was as perfect a look you could get for Sorcerer. Very disappointed they did away with that line, always hoped for a K’daai destroyer to come but it never came. 

• Like 9
  • LOVE IT! 2

8 hours ago, Asbestress said:

Personally, I prefer having everything I need for a unit to be in one place, so that when I look at the warscroll for, say, the Command Corps, I can just read that the Great Herald adds movement to runs, charges and retreats, instead of flipping through the core book looking for what "Swiftness 1-3/12" or something means.

there's no reason why the warscroll can't have both a universal ability and a quick description imho, because yeah it did suck to flip through a not-battletome to remember stuff

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Subscriber
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Kronos said:

As a unit sure, as an overall Aesthetic, no. 

I want Armoured Chaos Dwarfs with coiled beards. Personally I preferred what Forgeworld Did with the Infernal Guard over the traditional big hats for line Warriors. Drazhoath was as perfect a look you could get for Sorcerer. Very disappointed they did away with that line, always hoped for a K’daai destroyer to come but it never came. 

It sort of came, it was just repurposed to be Skaarac instead. 

I wonder if they will re-release some of the chaos dwarf sculpts from FW as part of the old world. 

Edited by SunStorm
  • Thanks 1

I have finally acquired Nagash following not inconsiderable alcohol consumption. I’m now worried that the Warband will be perfect, because I just spent a lot on their big boss. 3 days until Adepticon. 3 days until my wallet learns fear. 

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, SG Warhound said:

Singapore Warhound

SCE?

Who asked?

They are too dangerous.NotSafeForLeak.

They are tremendous!(Just seems like WHFB?)

They’ll be the best in GW history.

So……

The wings are coming!

4E56D246-20FE-4EE0-90CF-4F8490318D27.jpeg

The first thought that came to my mind was nighthaunt, this swooshy blue/green thing is very nighthaunt, so maybe the stormcast are becoming the thing they hate the most (well, there's a few of those actually but you get me)

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

The first thought that came to my mind was nighthaunt, this swooshy blue/green thing is very nighthaunt, so maybe the stormcast are becoming the thing they hate the most (well, there's a few of those actually but you get me)

Spookcast Spookternals!

• Like 1