The Rumour Thread

A surprisingly green Dawnbringer Chronicle today, with the Gloomspite dealing with a rat problem.

In this week’s instalment of the Dawnbringer Chronicles, the Loonking Skragrott finds an unwanted visitor has been amongst his mushrooms, and such a devious grot would never pass up an opportunity to interrogate his foes.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

I'm gonna push back a bit on this one. The actual rule in question is 27.3.1 - this is a note in the sidebar. The ability contradicts the actual rule "enhancements cannot be given to unique units"

Yes she can have any number of artifacts, but as per the sidebar they have no effect

Not gonna derail the thread any further

Edited by PJetski

4 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

You are all forgetting the important guy!

image.png.9916124d2bd227652d799d236e3e0e2b.png

Who is this? To me is a representation of a new Ruination unit.

In 3rd we had Yndrastra, yes, but the main picture for everything else was an Annihilator. In the second ed we had a Sequitor. This one has to be a Ruination dude.

That stormcast art looks lovely! With each edition Stormcast mini's became cooler and cooler. This one looks especially good. Although Stormcast are really starting to look more and more like Space Marines. The untrained hobbyist would easly mistake a mini like that with a Space marine with thunderhammer. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Btw, on the tale they  talk about The Screaming One.

That title isn't actually referring to the Great Horned Rat, but is rather held by a verminlord! Comes from Total Warhammer 2. It's the demon you summon as a skaven player during the Great Vortex campaign.

The_Great_Horned_Rat.webp.a3665452ba256a850addc6d7e5959a20.webp

This piece of art is often confounded with the god itself, but it's actually the Screaming One, if I remember well.

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Hey so, Seraphon have been pretty absent in the whole Dawnbringer event right? There's only been the meeting with the Dragons, Alarielle and Kroak right? Any hope to see them at least lore wise in DB6?

Probably they will appear again once there's a mention about the Kragnos' battle.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

It’s happening Sigmar lied now comes the Sigmar Heresy dubbed “stormcasts storming-off”

I do wonder, if a stormcast turns traitor, can sigmar just zap them back to azyr and release their soul?

Well i guess when the traitor stormcast die, his soul goes back on the anvil of apotheosis, where he is stripped of the memories of him being traitor, so that when he is reborn, he start his new life as some loyal guy.

3 minutes ago, rattila said:

Well i guess when the traitor stormcast die, his soul goes back on the anvil of apotheosis, where he is stripped of the memories of him being traitor, so that when he is reborn, he start his new life as some loyal guy.

First, there are also girl Stormcast, so the use of 'they' would be preferable (but that's just a sidenote), and

Second, I don't think we've had in the lore so far any indication that a soul can be in any way altered during the process. That it loses a minuscule part of its own self, that's just entropy. Other than that, reforging mechanically seems to be simply a process of getting a soul and grafting it into a new body. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Second, I don't think we've had in the lore so far any indication that a soul can be in any way altered during the process. That it loses a minuscule part of its own self, that's just entropy. Other than that, reforging mechanically seems to be simply a process of getting a soul and grafting it into a new body. 

From the story Price of Apotheosis (https://www.tga.community/forums/topic/27094-malign-portents-the-compiled-stories/)

"That anguished part of the reforged’s soul had been eradicated, discarded as unworkable scrap."

This is the lie. There is no flaw. It works as intended, scrapping those parts of the soul which prevent reforging.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, rattila said:

Aha, but afaik there are no stormcast that turned traitor or are there? In your example I think he would indeed start again as a loyal warrior of sigmar. I wouldn't mind that x amount of Stormhost would turn traitor or in their eyes be free of that tyrannic dictator. 🙂

Edit: Ofcourse it would be not so orginal as it is the main story of 30K/40K, but still it could be cool!

Edited by Tonhel

1 hour ago, rattila said:

1 hour ago, Luperci said:

I do wonder, if a stormcast turns traitor, can sigmar just zap them back to azyr and release their soul?

My approach to this is that, as those souls would be corrupted, they won't go to Azyr anymore neither Sigmar can recall them as he wishes.

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

My approach to this is that, as those souls would be corrupted, they won't go to Azyr anymore neither Sigmar can recall them as he wishes.

So they are under control of Nagash than?

16 minutes ago, king.del said:

This is the lie. There is no flaw. It works as intended, scrapping those parts of the soul which prevent reforging.

I've been told Sigmar has let souls that didn't want to return, pass on. Some Stormcast even sacrifice their souls to become Bifrost-esque Skybridges. @Baron Klatz or @Togetak probably have more input on Sigmar being a Regretful God-King. The Sacrosanct Chamber's entire purpose is to help the Reforging process both in the forge itself and by seeking out some kind of cure. I can see them keeping SOME secrets, but if there's no Natural Flaw then why are a THIRD of the Stormcast specifically geared and trained to combat the Flaw?

I'm not convinced the conspiracy could go so deep that there's no Natural Flaw period. It feels more likely, from everything written so far, that there IS a Natural Flaw due to the rushed implementation--but it can be made worse or be forced by the Six Smiths. If there's an Intentional element to the Flaw, then there's also an in-text reason for named models having favoritism.

However, this whole lie thing hinges on GW writing a GOOD conspiracy and... "grimderp" wasn't coined for no reason.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I've been told Sigmar has let souls that didn't want to return, pass on. Some Stormcast even sacrifice their souls to become Bifrost-esque Skybridges. @Baron Klatz or @Togetak probably have more input on Sigmar being a Regretful God-King. The Sacrosanct Chamber's entire purpose is to help the Reforging process both in the forge itself and by seeking out some kind of cure. I can see them keeping SOME secrets, but if there's no Natural Flaw then why are a THIRD of the Stormcast specifically geared and trained to combat the Flaw?

I'm not convinced the conspiracy could go so deep that there's no Natural Flaw period. It feels more likely, from everything written so far, that there IS a Natural Flaw due to the rushed implementation--but it can be made worse or be forced by the Six Smiths. If there's an Intentional element to the Flaw, then there's also an in-text reason for named models having favoritism.

However, this whole lie thing hinges on GW writing a GOOD conspiracy and... "grimderp" wasn't coined for no reason.

After reading that I just assumed there was still the constant natural deterioration but the souls could also be "trimmed back" artificially to prevent them self-destructing/going on a rampage.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I'm not convinced the conspiracy could go so deep that there's no Natural Flaw period.

I’d say this is the main thing to remember here.

Remember all the conspiracy theories about Kragnos’ reveal with people making crazier and crazier assumptions like he was a messed up reincarnation of Orion from the splintered spear and it just was “new centaur god that likes to smash eggs”?

The “Lie” is never going to be as grand as people are saying it is, just a excuse for new cool models.

Also yeah, Sigmar isn’t a tyrant. In “Yndrasta: the Celestial Spear” he is actively helping Yndrasta remember her past to not lose herself and if they keep him like he is in “Pantheon” & “Soul Wars” he’s not exactly bad dude pushing others to fight for him.

GIVWlulWwAAyz3g?format=jpg&name=large
GIVWlzIXgAAdxw0?format=jpg&name=large

image.jpeg.e3d35beac87fe0a16501d31d66d07dea.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

After reading that I just assumed there was still the constant natural deterioration but the souls could also be "trimmed back" artificially to prevent them self-destructing/going on a rampage.

That’s basically what happens. They lose parts of themselves and to fill the void Azyr magic flows in and replaces the human parts lost.

It’s partly an ongoing theme with Azyr that forces there resurrect but there’s a cost as the cold void starts seeping in be it lost Stormcast humanity, the mental deterioration of the Slann making them forget their old friends so they manifest back slightly off(because they forgot what they looked like) and Stardrakes & Dracoths needing to go through a lengthy rebirth phase through their solar gems to avoid the worst of it on their species.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's strange that the design for this new edition follows the same design as the 3d edition Core book:
71-sO8+aAuS._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

And it becomes a bit weird when you look at the design style change from second to third edition:

AoSPreviewCoreBook-June11-CoreBook2y.jpg

The whole visual style (edition, colors, etc...) is designed to improve and upgrade some of your product's features that you want to comunicate to your consumers. If Index (aka, break somehow with old rules) are aprt of the deal with the new edition, the most obvious choise is to change enough your design to still be recognizable (branding) but unique and diferent from before.

3 hours ago, Garrac said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.png.1fd88498f48de6b2e999e8a8603453a2.png

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.ccf9e06b7348afd9bf62f1ac3cdca26e.png

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.694d12dc034498b1952bca8cd918c243.png

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.c9e662bca32e03d46e6138de5d0377b3.png

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.a74193281594b3b1721f68e0f0f4ec76.png

The last one is very interesting when paired with the “ethereal rat shapes” seen in Mad King. 

If not Clans Shrykt directly the Skaven seem to be going more daemony with so much time in the Realm of Chaos.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, king.del said:

From the story Price of Apotheosis (https://www.tga.community/forums/topic/27094-malign-portents-the-compiled-stories/)

"That anguished part of the reforged’s soul had been eradicated, discarded as unworkable scrap."

Ah, interesting. The implications are, in fact, disturbing.