The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

These minis recently have been hitting it out of every park!! Ive my Ogors, Troggoths and Gargants and have the BOC Battletome and Beastlord mini but am waiting for the future to see what happens but with FEC and now Darkoath...my wallet and marriage can only take so much!!

Deffo the AoS team is pushing the limits! Especially if you compare them to this Custode that seems to be coming from 2015:

image.png.49044240fe214a4ef69bf1a3331b7df7.png

I wonder if they move the best sculptors into AoS trying to push the game or it is just a coincidence...

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

James, I am once again asking you to just release a generic Darkoath Marauder kit.

Well that worked. Let's try it again!

James, I am once again asking you to just release Chaos Dwarfs, more Fyreslayers, updated Ogors and... uhh, the Spider Incarnate. Yeah, that should do it. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 10
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Major leaks! Holy **** I’ve seen amazing things. 

IMG_0729.jpeg

GLORIOUS werekin-skinwolf-chaos spawn DIRECTYL going to Warcry / Warhammer Quest !

That's incredibly high level sculpts by the way, the Rider Chieftain almost on par with the Harbinger Of Decay 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I'm probably alone in finding these new Darkoath models a trifle underwhelming. Kind of generic and... realistic, I suppose. I like my Chaos to be a bit more extravagant and baroque.

Doesn't matter, anyway, because it sounds like they're really pushing the 'unaffiliated with the gods' vibe, and I'm not interested in troops that I can't have devoted to Slaanesh! 

I was going to complain that despite still having the best human models in AoS the Darkoath still need some actual proper kits. But then we got them so now I’m pretty happy.

The new characters are fun, really looking forward to getting them. The gnomes are great, and whilst I’m not upset with the 40K models I am annoyed that the rumour that single model releases are initially coming in big expensive box sets turned out to be correct 

10 minutes ago, cyrus said:

@Whitefang back me upwas right about gnomes/genomes team : one more point for him !👍

Isn't it the only point for him? 

If I remember correctly he didn't mention anything about the leaked Skaven artillery, never mentioned anything about darkoath and all his other predictions are safe bets on what's coming. 

Even the gnomes could have been a guess as they've had recent lore. 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Deffo the AoS team is pushing the limits! Especially if you compare them to this Custode that seems to be coming from 2015:

image.png.49044240fe214a4ef69bf1a3331b7df7.png

I wonder if they move the best sculptors into AoS trying to push the game or it is just a coincidence...

Diversity win: The Custodes have started to let Kin from the LoV into their ranks in a show of abhuman solidarity. 

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Well that worked. Let's try it again!

James, I am once again asking you to just release Chaos Dwarfs, more Fyreslayers, updated Ogors and... uhh, the Spider Incarnate. Yeah, that should do it. 

9d457bff-24a5-4a6e-947a-57ff0443e685_text.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

New Darkoath reveals are amazing, I'm actually stunned. I started a small STD army some years ago purely because I liked Darkoath so much.  I think that army is about to become a lot more darkoath focused. Now I just need the Sylvaneth army I started because I liked Kurnothi so much to get the same payoff...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Isn't it the only point for him? 

If I remember correctly he didn't mention anything about the leaked Skaven artillery, never mentioned anything about darkoath and all his other predictions are safe bets on what's coming. 

Even the gnomes could have been a guess as they've had recent lore. 

The gnome thing was also on the same day that we saw the goose and the event was announced. I'd have to dig back to look for the order of the posts but again it was a reasonably safe guess

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

GLORIOUS werekin-skinwolf-chaos spawn DIRECTYL going to Warcry / Warhammer Quest !

That's incredibly high level sculpts by the way, the Rider Chieftain almost on par with the Harbinger Of Decay 

The sinew and ligaments on the hand itself are insane!!

26 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

I'm probably alone in finding these new Darkoath models a trifle underwhelming. Kind of generic and... realistic, I suppose. I like my Chaos to be a bit more extravagant and baroque.

Doesn't matter, anyway, because it sounds like they're really pushing the 'unaffiliated with the gods' vibe, and I'm not interested in troops that I can't have devoted to Slaanesh! 

They've gone the other way with the likes of the unmade. I like that Chaos has such a wide identity now. It fits the lore of them being the majority of the inhabitants of the realms. 

Personally I love them. Between the Harbinger, the freeguild marshall and this chieftain GW might have made three of their best minis ever. 

I was all set to get excited about Skaven but they've got some serious competition now. 

• Like 7

Also, it is curious how the Darkoaths from Hammer and Bolter mirror the new minis, but their counterpart from the CoS (that also appears in the same episode) is using the old imperial style. Just realised that in the Darkoath minis teaser they are representing that battle but now with the new CoS minis.

Seems that Zenestra is going to have a decent ending battle in Book 6.