The Rumour Thread

47 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

That’s fair and true.

Though to be honest the battletomes at Seraphon and onwards were absolute bangers(I’m buying a second AoS3 CoS tome just because of how good this one was) and that definitely includes the latest Flesh-Eater Court tome which if you jumped from the 2019 to the current one feel like a completed refreshed book lore and art.

If the AoS4 tomes are anything like CoS & FEC then we are golden! 👌😎

For me, the key to those tomes improving has been that they got renewed and there was plenty of new content to be added. I doubt we would see that kind of improvement in well-established factions.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

For me, the key to those tomes improving has been that they got renewed and there was plenty of new content to be added. I doubt we would see that kind of improvement in well-established factions.

Well.. then l’emme hope they’ll follow the lore of the skaven and write the book upon that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well.. then l’emme hope they’ll follow the lore of the skaven and write the book upon that.

Yes, as Skaven could have a shake on what we know from them until today I think their BT would be one of those cool ones.

25 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Battlescroll day today? 😍

Probably. It's typically a Thursday and they have said it would be this week on the Preview from Sunday. It's either going to be the best battlescroll ever or a so so one but I'm expecting it to be the last one before the next edition (all signs suggest it's summer). 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

That’s fair and true.

Though to be honest the battletomes at Seraphon and onwards were absolute bangers(I’m buying a second AoS3 CoS tome just because of how good this one was) and that definitely includes the latest Flesh-Eater Court tome which if you jumped from the 2019 to the current one feel like a completed refreshed book lore and art.

If the AoS4 tomes are anything like CoS & FEC then we are golden! 👌😎

I like the Seraphon book in general, and the refresh was amazing, I just wish that they had properly balanced the 2 sides of the book. Starborn were obviously way out of wack from day one.

But yeah, had forgotten about FEC! Their book is really good! I think my only issue with it is the spell lore which only has 1 spell worth using.

You can add me to the list of those wanting to see a lot more content in Battletomes in 4th edition. I really hope that we see some more artwork, maps and expanded lore and would likely not go the route of picking them up if it's just basically going to be the same content copy-pasta'd again. 

• Like 6

I get that you can not rewrite every unit description. Or repaint every artwork. And if it is a good one i do not want them to, anyway.

But what i miss are the small story/flavour boxes. 

I fondly remember 5th Realm of Chaos. Just so much text, such creativity. Just the story of a knight fleeing into the realm of Chaos, slowly turning into a Chaos Champion. In small parts, scattered all over the book. 

That got me hooked.

I honestly would prefer it if GW went Back to "only a few pages of colour" but put a lot more of that in. Ah well, not going to happen ... It probably would not feel "premium" enough for the product manager(s)

Anyways, Back to rumours...

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Sahrial said:

I could rattle off a half dozen, off the top of my head, where battle tactics and warscroll rules clearly look like they’re referencing a mechanic that your army should be using, or be good at, which isn’t supported in the final draft of the army rules, even if those rules are otherwise perfectly acceptable (sylvaneth is a big example in my opinion there).

Care to elaborate? I find this sort of thing interesting and trying to think what you mean with Sylvaneth specifically - only thing I can think of is the battle tactic involving a unit added to your army that turn, despite the lack of summoning capability (just Allarielle/LoV once per game). 

4 minutes ago, Koala said:

I fondly remember 5th Realm of Chaos. Just so much text, such creativity. Just the story of a knight fleeing into the realm of Chaos, slowly turning into a Chaos Champion. In small parts, scattered all over the book. 

Good old Gotthard, IIRC. Funny fact: In Liber Chaotica: Tzeentch, they revealed that this particular knight became Aekold Helbrass! 

• Like 1

Well, Warforger's mortal wounds no longer affect missile weapons... 😐 (and the command corp take +30 pts)

This means the end of greywater spam (which is a good thing) but it increase the lack of elite human unit... 

Edited by Vagard
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Well, Warforger's mortal wounds no longer affect missile weapons... 😐 (and the command corp take +30 pts)

This means the end of greywater spam (which is a good thing) but it increase the lack of elite human unit... 

That’s pretty brutal news for fusiliers. 

Bile piper rule change is a big deal for nurgle as well

• Sad 1

Just now, Satyrical Sophist said:

That’s pretty brutal news for fusiliers. 

Bile piper rule change is a big deal for nurgle as well

Well, indexes are not that far in time. So who knows what we could expect from the damnified factions :)

what the are those changes???

some op armys like khorne big wagh or bones didnt was touched, but others like idonet got hit hard????

they were allready among worst army since that absurded came out. only got up with last fuethan change and it got totally deleted now, making even worse than before.

AND they deleted the eidolon of sea for unknowns reasons..... i was expecting a -50p on him since he has been useless whole book. dont get why they decided to delete it completly now, making his spell not stakeable.

and kroak build got hit really hard with a hike of around 100p and the removal of around 4 summon points per turn.

and why everyone got 2" on his weapons, but saurus with mace keep with 1" or idoneth eels with spears only 1" too, or bite mechanic of seraphon keep being useless, nedding 1" on every model etc....

and will have to play with this thing untill new edittion LOL

Edited by alyra
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

And the Eidolon of The Sea got a flat buff, because it didn’t work on anything besides melee weapons already but now it goes from targeting D3 to targeting 3. And you’re insane if you think what they did to the Null Myriad was “Nothing”, the spell shrug went from a 2+ to 4+. That’s a substantial difference. 

• Confused 1