The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

Definitely think BOC will get updated. Would be a bad look to have an army that’s been in the game for almost 10 years get completely wiped without an alternative. 

I imagine it will be a cities type deal. Where a few kits will stay and the rest would be reimagined, revamped or redone. 

Seeing how they handle the Skaven launch will probably give us a solid idea of what to expect. 

While I agree, the main difference for those defending their removal is that Skavens are a legacy army on TOW while BOC is a main one, so I wouldn't take it as a mirror to look into. Especially because being part of the starter box gives you an extra push.

• Like 2

On 1/7/2024 at 2:52 PM, Garrac said:

Didnt say that chorfs wouldnt be part of the army, just that maybe theres a mix of races to name it "Followers of Hashut" (or something else) and put a significante number of non-dwarf units, with perhaps a proportion of 65/35 of chorfs vs the rest. 

But Id be surprised to not see artillery or bulls there. They should be trying to appeal to the chorf fans coming from Total Warhammer, even if that requieres a slight delay for any needed redesigns.

I mean, of slave chaff is considered enough for it to be "Followers of hashut" instead of Chorfs then okay, but its weird, its like calling cities of sigmar "Mammals" because they use horses

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Gutsu17 said:

I mean, of slave chaff is considered enough for it to be "Followers of hashut" instead of Chorfs then okay, but its weird, its like calling cities of sigmar "Mammals" because they use horses

I dont think it will be just slave chaff. 

The Spearheads will either release after the 4th edition or in a bit of an empty week, when there aren't many revealed things to be released. I believe that now we still have quite a bit of shown stuff that needs to be released, so I wouldn't get my hopes up for a quick release of those spearheads. Would be glad to be proven wrong though!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

The Spearheads will either release after the 4th edition or in a bit of an empty week, when there aren't many revealed things to be released. I believe that now we still have quite a bit of shown stuff that needs to be released, so I wouldn't get my hopes up for a quick release of those spearheads. Would be glad to be proven wrong though!

I don't think you can say "soon" and wait months. The SCE one was announced a month ago. I think we will see them released with the next Dawnbringers book.

With the info about Lady of Ruin from Whitedwarf I am starting to feel the 5th book would be the last one, and we could get the Spearhead rules with it. So I would say in a month max.

Edited by Ejecutor

Just now, Ejecutor said:

I don't think you can say "soon" and wait months. The SCE one was announced a month ago. I think we will see them released with the next Dawnbringers book.

Bet GW can :D

I think the issue is that because they seem to be having issues producing things (look at the online store how much is currently out of stock!!), they have switched to things coming out in around 3 months. 

Anyway, its roughly 19 weeks until July which is when we will probably see 4th edition, so we will probably see these sets before then. Then again, really depends on the production issues and all the other stuff that still needs to come out! There's still another 4 40K codexes that need to be released (if you count the FOMO Tau set in that as well as the FOMO Dark Angel set as it's out), plus the Solar Auxilia for Heresy, and more AOS sets between now and release (dawnbringers). Oh and restocking all the out of stock stuff!

That's a lot of busy GW have to get on with.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Vagard said:

Kinda strange tho, because i remember Whitefang told us to take a look at Blacktalon to see what next minis will look like (before CoS release), and many of us thought that the cog fort would be part of the COS release. But maybe was he talking about chaos marauders mounted?

Whitefang like

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

With the info about Lady of Ruin from Whitedwarf I am starting to feel the 5th book would be the last one, and we could get the Spearhead rules with it. So I would say in a month max.

Dawnbringers 6 is kind of confirmed since it will be the chaos focused one with Lady of Ruin and Darkoath riders ( and maybe Khorne ?? )

Everything is coming soon for GW :) :   "You can read more about Krethusa in the upcoming fifth volume in the Dawnbringer series – Shadow of the Crone, which you’ll be able to pre-order soon, alongside Krethusa’s stunning new miniature " (from latest dawnbringers tale).

Just now, cyrus said:

Dawnbringers 6 is kind of confirmed since it will be the chaos focused one with Lady of Ruin and Darkoath riders ( and maybe Khorne ?? )

Everything is coming soon for GW :) :   "You can read more about Krethusa in the upcoming fifth volume in the Dawnbringer series – Shadow of the Crone, which you’ll be able to pre-order soon, alongside Krethusa’s stunning new miniature " (from latest dawnbringers tale).

I always thought that a 5th book was there, but since we got no Chaos one and we are starting to get info about that Lady of Ruin, when the supposed 6th book would be released in like 2 months I am starting to think we could have the Chaos focused one/ conclusion one in the 5th one, even if Krethusa is in the cover.

27 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I always thought that a 5th book was there, but since we got no Chaos one and we are starting to get info about that Lady of Ruin, when the supposed 6th book would be released in like 2 months I am starting to think we could have the Chaos focused one/ conclusion one in the 5th one, even if Krethusa is in the cover.

There's definitely a sixth book. A Whitefang like suggested as much. Also if book 5 was the last book it would be marketed that way. "The thrilling conclusion to the Dawnbringers saga". Look at the way the Lion book was marketed. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

You already know the pair of dw5 (dok+cos)

So there are just two possible scenaries: dw6 with slaves and another chaos faction (nurgle per rumor engines?) or new slaves book and a new book seems impossible with 4th around the corner (and possibly indexes)

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

And it would seem the Lady of ruin may have appeared in this months white dwarf :)