The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

And once again Destruction gets treated like they dont exist....

Edit: or get something like Kragnos.

I mean, that's an exaggeration if I ever saw one.

King Brodd and the Beast-Smasher for SoB, Snarlfang Riders, Rable-rowza, Squigboss, Grinkrak's looncourt and Trugg for Gitz, Bloodpelt Hunter, Mawpit and Gorgers for Ogors, a BIG refresh for Ironjawz with amazing new Ardboyz, Zogrokk, Weirdbrutes and Biggus Piggus.

That's not even mentioning the entirety of the all new Kruleboyz range (with the recent releases of Monsta-Killaz and Daggok's stab-ladz and the older Kunnin Krew) for Kruleboyz.

I get that it's not the particular things that you personally wanted, but there's been a LOT of Destruction. I get that it is frustrating when your own army does not get a lot of attention (I collect FS, KO and IDK), but to pretend an entire grand alliance is neglected when they are obviously not accomplishes nothing. Every single destruction army got multiple releases this edition.

Could there be more done for destruction? Definitely yes. But the same goes for every grand alliance.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 6

I know beasts could be reimagined and I'd be happy but Whitefang has only hinted at removal. Nothing else. If he wants to tell us to be hopeful than yay but right now all I've heard is beasts are going away and stormcast are getting some guys with more skulls on their armor.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I know beasts could be reimagined and I'd be happy but Whitefang has only hinted at removal. Nothing else. If he wants to tell us to be hopeful than yay but right now all I've heard is beasts are going away and stormcast are getting some guys with more skulls on their armor.

I understand that but do you really want him to give away stuff that might put his job position at risk?

Just nodding at this stuff probably is risky enough without revealing future plans that let’s them zero in on where he is in the know.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2

I like when on this sub everyone tries to bait Whitefang into commenting your wishlistings, like, bro, every time he says something theres 10 new pages, no way a human being is going to read all of that.

Btw, It will be interesting to see how long will dawnbringers 4 hold on the stock.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Snarff said:

I mean, that's an exaggeration if I ever saw one.

King Brodd and the Beast-Smasher for SoB, Snarlfang Riders, Rable-rowza, Squigboss, Grinkrak's looncourt and Trugg for Gitz, Bloodpelt Hunter, Mawpit and Gorgers for Ogors, a BIG refresh for Ironjawz with amazing new Ardboyz, Zogrokk, Weirdbrutes and Biggus Piggus.

That's not even mentioning the entirety of the all new Kruleboyz range (with the recent releases of Monsta-Killaz and Daggok's stab-ladz and the older Kunnin Krew) for Kruleboyz.

I get that it's not the particular things that you personally wanted, but there's been a LOT of Destruction. I get that it is frustrating when your own army does not get a lot of attention (I collect FS, KO and IDK), but to pretend an entire grand alliance is neglected when they are obviously not accomplishes nothing. Every single destruction army got multiple releases this edition.

Could there be more done for destruction? Definitely yes. But the same goes for every grand alliance.

I was talking about the lore/ narrative in the era of the beast. Besides the Thondia book it doesnt really contain anything Destruction at all. We got a piece about a troggoth king that to be honest could happen in any of the realms at any time. Its not related to Ghur or the Destruction factions at all. Sorry for being negative without some more input.

I was hoping for a followup of the Excelsis battle. Gordrakk following up on his battle with Kragnos. Or any other big thing happening from the side of Destruction. What did we actually do this whole edition? I have waited for close to a decade for things to get good and nothing happened. We got a mouth of mork pulling pranks on a lost pony. Really... thats everything we get? I might have got my hopes up a bit too high but after all the good stuff AoS has been putting out i feel really sidelined.

Its all about CoS, Skaven, SCE, FEC, Sylvaneth, FS. Yes we did get some models, but to be honest so did all the other Grand Alliances, we got a full FEC army, a new Seraphon army, CoS refresh and i am happy for all those players. Would have been nice to have at least Ogors get an update. Exaggaration? I think not.

The focus should have been on Destruction/Ghur, like first edition was to Chaos. Like second edition was to Death. Destruction really got the short end of the stick this edition. Feel free to convince me otherwise. 

Edit: dont even get me started on King Brodd... @KingBrodd no offence XD.

Edit 2: did someone keep track of how many releases each GA got this edition?

Edited by Gitzdee
Add context (a lot)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If Beasts are really going to get axed at the end of the "Era of the Beast" it really does emphasize that "the Era of the Beast is over" which is... something!

It does line up with some of the weirdness of 3.0; Broken Realms just sort of disappeared, followup kits got scrapped, and the narrative was rudderless for a minute up until Dawnbringers, which almost feels like a soft reboot in some respects

To me, that could absolutely signify a couple shakups internally; both from Covid and AoS and TOW teams not wanting any model overlap in official factions for some reason. Ideally, they crunched some numbers and figured two beast armies were better than one...

33 minutes ago, Pizzaprez said:

from Covid

I think this played more into things then us civilians will ever know. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if come to find out Kruleboyz and snarlfang were initially intended for old world. I mean the easy to build slaves kits came out around that time and they may have intended them to be the third edition other faction. 

Destro did indeed get their fair share of plastic but took a back seat as usual in the narrative. 

Very curious to see where the Kruleboyz and Kragnos plot line goes moving forward. 

• Sad 2

41 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I was talking about the lore/ narrative in the era of the beast. Besides the Thondia book it doesnt really contain anything Destruction at all. We got a piece about a troggoth king that to be honest could happen in any of the realms at any time. Its not related to Ghur or the Destruction factions at all. Sorry for being negative without some more input.

I was hoping for a followup of the Excelsis battle. Gordrakk following up on his battle with Kragnos. Or any other big thing happening from the side of Destruction. What did we actually do this whole edition? 

Its all about CoS, Skaven, SCE, FEC, Sylvaneth, FS. Yes we did get some models, but to be honest so did all the other Grand Alliances, we got a full FEC army, a new Seraphon army, CoS refresh. Would have been nice to have at least Ogors get an update. Exaggaration? I think not.

The focus should have been on Destruction/Ghur, like first edition was to Chaos. Like second edition was to Death. Destruction really got the short end of the stick this edition. Feel free to convince me otherwise. 

Edit: dont even get me started on King Brodd... @KingBrodd no offence XD.

Edit 2: did someone keep track of how many releases each GA got this edition?

I cannot understand all the drama about the era of the beast and the destro factions.

If we use the same prism, we would "never" have an order vs order edition, hence the order factions would never have its spot to bright? Most of them would always be in the shadows of Stormcast and or Cities as the "main" order factions.

The thing to me is that is quite complicate, with so many factions (and every edition more), to have them all shining in the narrative. Imo there is always going to be a little predominance by some of them, while the rest are going to have smaller turns.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I cannot understand all the drama about the era of the beast and the destro factions.

If we use the same prism, we would "never" have an order vs order edition, hence the order factions would never have its spot to bright? Most of them would always be in the shadows of Stormcast and or Cities as the "main" order factions.

The thing to me is that is quite complicate, with so many factions (and every edition more), to have them all shining in the narrative. Imo there is always going to be a little predominance by some of them, while the rest are going to have smaller turns.

Guess im just being passionate about the stuff i feel most connected to.

And i feel like the edition are order vs chaos, order vs death etc. Might have been thinking too much about this. But if there would be any setting for things to get good for Destruction it would be a narrative in Ghur and that is how Broken Realms introduced 3rd. I was waiting for more to come. Not talking models here btw. But it seems like its just me feeling this way.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2

I just had a weird realization. AoS has a lot of centaurs.

We have the centigors and the dragon ogres; we have the centaurion marshal; we have Skeath; and lastly, we have Kragnos.

That's five centaurs in total. It is quite a decent number, and the interesting thing about it is that it has the potential to increase. I remember when you guys were thinking about the idea of the Drogrukh becoming a proper faction on the tabletop. And I also remember one of you suggesting a centaur Scathborn unit for DoK to continue the Greek mythological theme of the faction. And of course, we are currently waiting for the Chaos Dwarves, which in the original fantasy had their bull centaurs. (Of course, we don't know if they still have them in their new incarnation, but still, they were quite liked.)

Its kinda funny.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

😢

I have to laugh at this... I understand different margins for different products, but GW margin is overall insanely good.

My understanding was that production in china suddenly got much more expensive as did shipping. I'm not sure if it has settled down or not, but hearing about scenery kits getting cancelled isn't surprising. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

My understanding was that production in china suddenly got much more expensive as did shipping. I'm not sure if it has settled down or not, but hearing about scenery kits getting cancelled isn't surprising. 

I have a question about this, because I read here and there that GW produces in the UK, others say that it is all produced in China, and others that just scenery and paper in China... is there any evidence about this?

Also heard about them opening a new production line. Do we know where it is based? Maybe they are waiting to move the scenery production to the UK and we will get back into the scenery better than ever!

7 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I'm really gutted by the way. How can we inhabit the Mortal Realms without full buildings to represent the Cities of Sigmar ?!

It was one of the few worldbuilding elements needed to complete the setting (with that map of the Realm of Azyr I'm constantly requesting...). 

Do you know @Whitefang@Whitefang back me up if there is ANY hope to get them with the new scenery surely coming with 4th edition ?????? 😞 

In the starter set you’ll get some new destroyed buildings to go alongside the rats and Stormcast, not sure on anything else though. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I have a question about this, because I read here and there that GW produces in the UK, others say that it is all produced in China, and others that just scenery and paper in China... is there any evidence about this?

Also heard about them opening a new production line. Do we know where it is based? Maybe they are waiting to move the scenery production to the UK and we will get back into the scenery better than ever!

I believe everything outside of the faction terrain and Endless Spells were produced in Britain. Why it’s this way? 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Did we ever figure out what this was?

image.png.57eae009cea6d2e44d3890c8b90e7023.png

It looks like some handmade terrain for a background. The crystals are pretty similar to the ones from Underworlds Primal Lair. Especially the most dense one.

image.png.28ed6388d904f10751fe1a7faa32d79c.png

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just had a horrible thought.

Seasons of War Thondia had BOC have some solid narrative plot lines.

Could that have grown more in further releases?

Is that why Andtor and Gallet were scrapped? Did they realise BOC may be removed and didnt want that to happen after a major plot line involving them?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, KingBrodd said:

Is that why Andtor and Gallet were scrapped? Did they realise BOC may be removed and didnt want that to happen after a major plot line involving them?

I think the more likely problem is the seasons probably would’ve had their own Incarnates, until the Incarnate bombed. 

35 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

They produced scenery and endless spells in China as well as all printed material. The produce all of their standard miniatures in the UK. This is definitely true as all the books and boxes are labelled. 

They built a second factory in the Nottingham. The rumour goes that when they opened it and turned on the power, they were accused of drawing too much power as there is a hospital on the same section of the grid that needs that power. This meant they immediately had to shut it down again. 

I've no idea if this is true or not but it would certainly explain all the production problems GW has been having recently. 

Edit. The new factory is near a hospital.Screenshot_20240210-091150.png.3293de7f4cc755a4edb21dc70ead67ce.png

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

I understand that but do you really want him to give away stuff that might put his job position at risk?

Just nodding at this stuff probably is risky enough without revealing future plans that let’s them zero in on where he is in the know.

But it isn't their rumour. It came from someone else and at this point anyone on the internet could guess they will or won't be updated and nobody could track down/blame whitefang for it.

6 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Had the same thought. I just really hate that i still dont know if my armies are safe from the chopping block. Bonesplitterz and maybe Spiderfang (at least the incarnate) are also part of that story and i really want to know if they are safe. But we still have more Dawnbringers to go and hopefully we will get index updates for 4th so we can rest assured. I will focus on the good stuff we got for the moment. 

Does anyone know if the new IJ wave got Warcry rules too?

Also sorry for the negativity yesterday, had a bad week.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Chikout said:

They produced scenery and endless spells in China as well as all printed material. The produce all of their standard miniatures in the UK. This is definitely true as all the books and boxes are labelled. 

They built a second factory in the Nottingham. The rumour goes that when they opened it and turned on the power, they were accused of drawing too much power as there is a hospital on the same section of the grid that needs that power. This meant they immediately had to shut it down again. 

I've no idea if this is true or not but it would certainly explain all the production problems GW has been having recently. 

Edit. The new factory is near a hospital.Screenshot_20240210-091150.png.3293de7f4cc755a4edb21dc70ead67ce.png

Could this mean they are planning to continue the seasons of war series after production continues? It was just such a weird release. I think the lack of information about the contents of the book really hurt the sales. After all this time i still dont really get what its about. It seemed like an expensive box u needed to buy to play Krondspine.

It could explain the move for Warcry boxes to separate the terrain from the other good stuff. I think good terrain pieces will sell themselves if they are good enough. I also think Krondspine would have sold better if it got released sooner, i still really like the concept and the model imho looks great.

My point is, could they be thinking about selling a Season of War book a new incarnate and new terrain separately. I think if GW moves away from focussing on a single realm it could be the case. This season involved a lot of realms and it was better for all players in the end.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

They make all the model lines in the UK for quality reasons. They have their own machines for milling the moulds and can be in full control of the whole process. But that's very costly. Terrain and the endless spells do not require the same level of detail and therefore can be done for cheaper in China, where the quality is lower.

The same was true of printing, but with the paper costs going up globally and shipping issues that have caused GW delays as well, I remember hearing (probably as far as two years ago now) about them thinking of sourcing the printing from the UK as well. Not sure how that went on. The books did become significantly more expensive at some point though.