The Rumour Thread

Idk if they made that hyper toxic rules for the incarnate because they wanted to sell a box that just a few people were interested in or everything was by accident, but I'm happy with just one of those in the game, or better 0.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Idk if they made that hyper toxic rules for the incarnate because they wanted to sell a box that just a few people were interested in or everything was by accident, but I'm happy with just one of those in the game, or better 0.

Since there is only one of them out, I think it's not impossible that they are eventually removed entirely. Having an extra set of rules for just one model really is a bad example of rules bloat. And nobody even really likes the Krondspine very much.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

You always seem to be the bearer of bad news. If there is a spider incarnate, surely it could be repurposed as a gloomspite unit. 

When was the last time we got new scenery that wasn't part of kill team or warcry? It would be a shame if GW gave up on that part of their busines. 

The last time was with the Dawnbringers buildings and the Incarnate. I think that's the reason he created this story out of nowhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Whitefang wants to share sadness with us.

sad.PNG.514d2daea14f3692b237f9e41183df0f.PNG

They'll find a way to recycle that spider incarnate mini. Even if I do think they're in a tricky spot because they "revealed" it via a rumour engine, so they can't just sweep it under the rug and say it never happened. Plastic kits are too expensive for that anyways.

It'll probably resurface in GSG in a few years as a Spiderfang monster or something.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Pizzaprez said:

With Nagash and Arkhan both currently "dead," I would love if this edition focused on that GA! Either in the context of "how are things with these factions that were very much on Nagash's short leash" or "how are the Death factions acting/reacting without Nagash and Arkhan breathing down their necks?"

Olynder is a wildcard, Katakros is struggling with his wound from Archaon, Ushoran is back and active with some sort of plan he's hiding, Neferata is seemingly on the backfoot; a mention about her and Mannfred at war and she's now very much been duped by the ghouls, Mannfred has... not done much? He's arguably the protagonist of the first act of the End Times and I cant remember much at all that he's been up to in AoS; very exciting stuff narratively!

We are bound to get at least some more info on Neferata. She will be involved in the next Cado Ezichiar book which I can't imagine will take too long to come out, but whatever mission he is sent on is due to her from what was said when they announced the book.

For 3rd edition, I counted 15 new Stormcast heroes and units released in combination. If the new/updated units for 4th edition total about the same, GW could still update an impressive number of units to thunderstrike while having plenty of space left over for a well-rounded Ruination chamber.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Fun story. But this passage has to be straight out of "How to not write fantasy 101":

Scala came leaping at Ailezinya, twin sciansá slashing wildly. The melusai blocked with a two-handed grip and slammed the haft of her weapon into the aelf’s chest, driving the air from her lungs and dropping her to the floor.

Absolutely incomprehensible to anyone who doesn't already know what the setting. And probably even a few people who do.

• Like 2

You have aelfs, ulgu, morathi, a new godness plotting and a diviner as ingredients and choose to make a filler story. Clap

We know there's a Morai heg cult since the first tome of DoK, and we know that Morathi wants it down, since first book aswell.

10 minutes ago, Ragest said:

You have aelfs, ulgu, morathi, a new godness plotting and a diviner as ingredients and choose to make a filler story. Clap

We know there's a Morai heg cult since the first tome of DoK, and we know that Morathi wants it down, since first book aswell.

I prefer a filler in a short than something that spoils me the content of the book.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

After a careful thought, it seems that, with the ruination chamber opening, we won't have, in the end, that really needed squeeze range that many of us wanted for the SCE.

Actually I think we will, like Baron said there's precedent for paladins being redone into 1 scroll. Liberators being thunderstruck means they and Vindictors could be combined. Maybe even...multipart kits... for the squish, since a lot of it comes down to weapon choices.

7 hours ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Honestly I kinda expect Ruination Chamber to be like Extremis Chamber, which only needed two kits to represent it (Stardrake kit and Dracoths). Small chamber to allow more room for redoing old stuff. Like consider the Death Company in 40k; for a while it just consisted of Death Company marines (who did have a lot of customization options to be fair), Death Company Chaplains and Death Company Dreadnoughts. 

and also this yeah, I'd be legit surprised if Ruination is more than 3-4 kits, including duals.

22 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Fun story. But this passage has to be straight out of "How to not write fantasy 101":

Absolutely incomprehensible to anyone who doesn't already know what the setting. And probably even a few people who do.

Now imagine reading this while English is not your native tongue 😅 

Tbh this was not the worst one to read among the latest short stories. I really struggled with the one where sce are fighting fec because a large part of it is describing very high fantasy elements, plus they  were not even relevant  to the plot of the story.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Whitefang back me up said:

Was supposed to come out with Intact Dawnbringers buildings, now scrapped due to margin costs. 

Hopefully it’ll come out one day as the Incarnate looks amazing. 

Can't say I'm surprised; I wasn't a huge fan of the expensive "incarnate + terrain" box, and I've felt like the separate boxes had a higher price than I'd have liked. I wish they chopped off some of the price and didn't include a battlemat, but that may just be me

I'm extremely disappointed they scrapped the intact dawnbringer buildings!! I was looking forward to them and, if the LOTR buildings were any indication, they could have been an excellent kit! I did get a Thondian Strongpoint on sale, but half the reason I wanted the construction sites was in anticipation of finished buildings! Ah well - I've got half a mind to cast copies of the doors and add em to some scratch built stuff

1 hour ago, Vaellas said:

We are bound to get at least some more info on Neferata. She will be involved in the next Cado Ezichiar book which I can't imagine will take too long to come out, but whatever mission he is sent on is due to her from what was said when they announced the book.

aaaaah that's so exciting! She's always been my favorite vampire character; I love the "Vampires in disguise hiding in plain sight" trope

New Dawnbringer short was neat; interesting that the Daughters character came with Dark Aelf friends! Wonder if that isn't going to be reflected on the tabletop somehow: maybe Daelves are heading to the Khanite book? With cities seemingly becoming "mostly humans" I wonder if the Daelves are on the outs

Edited by Pizzaprez

6 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Like just imagine this White Dwarf Donse campaign made into a full narrative book with rules to simulate and build on it

Those shields remind me so much of the Total Warhammer icons 😢 going to huff some AOS Total War copium again real quick

5 hours ago, Marcvs said:

b) more bite-size pieces of lore should be developed through Warhammer Community, like an interactive map

They sort of did this for Broken Realms but now the link in those older WHC articles is a 404 dead end........ which is part of this narrative problem IMHO.

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

For whatever reason, perhaps Covid, perhaps overpricing poor sales of the Incarnate this was scrapped.

FTFY :') i saw at least a dozen people on here and reddit saying they'd have gotten it if it wasn't in a 200 USD box.

3 hours ago, Whitefang back me up said:

now scrapped due to margin costs

I have to laugh at this... I understand different margins for different products, but GW margin is overall insanely good.

1 hour ago, Ragest said:

This does confirm that Morai-Heg’s cult isn’t something minor but just about tolerated, or that the Croneseer is a semi-legal fringe figure in the DoK.

Looks like this is a full on rebellion and break with mainstream DoK, with hideouts and spies and real efforts by Morathi to wipe it out. That’s a bigger deal than the previous anti-Morathi efforts we’ve seen.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1