The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

I think @Whitefang back me up was the bearer of bad news regarding BoC which is why people are hoping they are full of it. They said we'd see new ToW factions before the end of January. This was a rumour that didn't come from anyone else and turned out to be true. The actual @Whitefang has liked a few of their posts.

They do seem to have some solid info. I'm inclined to believe them, but I really hope they're lying or were misinformed about the BoC stuff. 

Im neither saying hes untrustworthy nor the contraire. Just that he hasnt brought up to the table any original leaks that other rumour mongers havent told yet. They may be true, but credit Will go to the first guys.

So, thats why Im insisting that they should being more mean to the grinder. Tell us something new. Be It my main suggestion, whos gonna be the skaven character on the starter box, or any other contenta youre more confortable with sharing, something new.

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

I think @Whitefang back me up was the bearer of bad news regarding BoC which is why people are hoping they are full of it. They said we'd see new ToW factions before the end of January. This was a rumour that didn't come from anyone else and turned out to be true. The actual @Whitefang has liked a few of their posts.

They do seem to have some solid info. I'm inclined to believe them, but I really hope they're lying or were misinformed about the BoC stuff. 

They said we’d see Orcs and Goblins and Dwarves in January, after GW had already announced a launch event at Warhammer World. It wasn’t a stretch to guess that the next army would be revealed then and it was a 1/7 chance of any guess getting it right, and they got it half wrong. 

Everything they’ve posted has been talked about by other reliable sources or content creators, with the exception of the dwarves that they clearly suggested because of the dice leak.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, EonChao said:

They said we’d see Orcs and Goblins and Dwarves in January, after GW had already announced a launch event at Warhammer World. It wasn’t a stretch to guess that the next army would be revealed then and it was a 1/7 chance of any guess getting it right, and they got it half wrong. 

Everything they’ve posted has been talked about by other reliable sources or content creators, with the exception of the dwarves that they clearly suggested because of the dice leak.

Whitefang liked the comment tho

1 minute ago, Nezzhil said:

I don't believe the rumours of BoC dissapearing as a faction. I am more induced to think in a mutation instead.

Yeah me neither, that « rumour » is only a speculation from the HWG who ´s never really been a reliable source. Let’s say he interprets more than he knows.

Remember when he said to not buy the dawngbringer box set for fec because the models inside were getting an update ? 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

Yeah me neither, that « rumour » is only a speculation from the HWG

also worth reminding that the speculation in question (which was framed as a "prediction" by THW, so, not even sold as a rumour) was literally the same thing that you are agreeing with

16 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I don't believe the rumours of BoC dissapearing as a faction. I am more induced to think in a mutation instead.

i.e. Beasts as a faction are staying, their model line is going

Edited by Marcvs
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

also worth reminding that the speculation in question (which was framed as a "prediction" by THW, so, not even sold as a rumour) was literally the same thing that you are agreeing with

i.e. Beasts as a faction are staying, their model line is going

Yeah, this seems the most logical solution. BoC stays but gets an miniature overhaul and the old ones go to TOW. If the new BoC miniatures are more less simular than the ones that get replaced than TOW players can chose which miniatures they want to use. Same as WoC players can use the new StD mini's or buy the older mini's when WoC get its Arcane Journal.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

Yeah me neither, that « rumour » is only a speculation from the HWG who ´s never really been a reliable source. Let’s say he interprets more than he knows.

Remember when he said to not buy the dawngbringer box set for fec because the models inside were getting an update ? 

I remember that because I was one of the few that defended that FeC was not an update release 😅. My bad was that I expected to they would remove the old courtiers because I didn't see them on photos.

3 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

So, by the @Whitefang's reactions I am assuming that the future of AoS BoC is at least that BoC and Beastmen are not gonna be releated.

I don't know, man. I was pretty skeptical about BoC being removed from AoS, but all recent Whitefang hints really seem to point that way. Kind of looks like assuming they will be reimagined for AoS is pure copium at this point. The message was always "BoC will be gone", not "BoC will be updated".

• Like 2

Just now, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I don't know, man. I was pretty skeptical about BoC being removed from AoS, but all recent Whitefang hints really seem to point that way. Kind of looks like assuming they will be reimagined for AoS is pure copium at this point. The message was always "BoC will be gone", not "BoC will be updated".

But he only react to posts that talk about using models for both games. I didn't see him react to a post that says "they will be removed forever" or "they will be updated as something new". So for me both are plausible at this moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vagard said:

Whitefang liked the comment tho

Whitefang likes comments from lots of people when they guess things right. That doesn’t mean they all have sources. So far they’ve only reacted to one of those posts which just means there’s one guess that’s right (of the two in that post)

• Thanks 1

If BoC is going to get squatted, I think we are getting indexes in June, because is the only way to make them disappear from the game.

Maybe Bonesplitterz are going away in that index too.

Edited by Ragest
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Ragest said:

If BoC is going to get squatted, I think we are getting indexes in June, because is the only way to maie them disappear from the game.

Maybe Bonesplitterz are going away in that index too.

GW normally do faction specific articles in the run-up to launch so we should know one way or the other in the spring. If it is true it's in GW's interest to share the news soon so the don't spoil the hype for 4th edition.