The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

This is what I would expect the theme to be for Skaven going forwards. I think the Eshin, Molder, and Plague Monk aspects will be condensed and refined into the mad scientist theme. I've always wanted to do a Skaven army but they've never quite hit it with me in AOS. Hopefully they will get a refresh into something cool.

I think skaven should be condensed into 3 big groups, Masterclan - basic guys and their agents where we put clanrats, stormvermin, clawlords, greyseers, and eshin stuff as the elite force of that group. Mad-scientists - skryre warmachines + moulder monstrocities, they were alwaysbig allies anyway, and only 2 kits for both of them that arent 20+ years old (HPA and Stormfiends) are a combination of both. And Pestilence as their own separate thing

Maybe they can give clanrats « marks of clans » similar to the marks of chaos for slaves to darkness. This way they can get rid of plaguemonks and night runner as miniatures but say to the players « hey! You can play your plague monks as clanrats from pestilens and your night runner as clanrats from eshin ». 

Would solve the problem of having 6 allegiances of the same army needing 6 miniature range.

They could also redo the clanrats and giving them some option for the head and weapon to show the different marks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Pestilens have the Plague Monks as a battleline unit, but the rumor never stated we were gonna lose Plague Monks. 

Which is what I mean: They have Plague Monks right now, so losing them would be weird. But in the context of the game as a whole, not having a "monk" unit to go with your priest is actually not especially strange. So I can believe that GW would just remove the unit if they are not willing to update it.

Although I could see them keeping them around, too. It almost seems like par for the course for GW to keep one really old, bad looking kit around through a refresh. Looking at you, Grave Guard and Flagellants.

Plague Censer Bearers 100% go in the trash, though.

19 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

This is what I would expect the theme to be for Skaven going forwards. I think the Eshin, Molder, and Plague Monk aspects will be condensed and refined into the mad scientist theme. I've always wanted to do a Skaven army but they've never quite hit it with me in AOS. Hopefully they will get a refresh into something cool.

Renouncing to the ninja rats, the frankenstein rats and the plague rats would be the most freaking stupid decission ever commited by an executive, and it would make me rebase everything again and not play a single match of AoS while I hold a breath into my body.

But, granted, it's GW.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Which is what I mean: They have Plague Monks right now, so losing them would be weird. But in the context of the game as a whole, not having a "monk" unit to go with your priest is actually not especially strange. So I can believe that GW would just remove the unit if they are not willing to update it.

Although I could see them keeping them around, too. It almost seems like par for the course for GW to keep one really old, bad looking kit around through a refresh. Looking at you, Grave Guard and Flagellants.

Plague Censer Bearers 100% go in the trash, though.

No way! Grave Guard is one of the best units from the whole SBGL range! I 156,76% agree about the Flagellants :(

16 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Moulder is already mad science, even: They are dudes making Frankenstein rats.

Yeah I think it's because I see them more as the crazy animal tamers and breeders rather than that. I think it's become more like that over the years but I'm fairly sure the original book had them more pigeon holed as the animal tamers.

18 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Eshin and Pestilens can just exist as characters and warbands, IMO. This definitely works for Eshin, ninja assassins should not be running around as big blocks of units anyway. For Pestilens, it's a little more strange, but it's not like you have to have a religious battleline unit if you have priests. Other armies seem to do fine without those.

I think this is what they will do with Warcry. :D 

8 minutes ago, Gutsu17 said:

I think skaven should be condensed into 3 big groups, Masterclan - basic guys and their agents where we put clanrats, stormvermin, clawlords, greyseers, and eshin stuff as the elite force of that group. Mad-scientists - skryre warmachines + moulder monstrocities, they were alwaysbig allies anyway, and only 2 kits for both of them that arent 20+ years old (HPA and Stormfiends) are a combination of both. And Pestilence as their own separate thing

Not going to disagree but if I was going to do a refresh, I'd pick one and focus on it. Probably makes it easier for shelf space and design and wot not. Other themes you can explore in other games :D 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Garrac said:

I really don't want a 50% of the skaven's identity to get chop-chopped into other game systems, or some dumb ass plot shenanigans with the clans again.

Please bear in mind these are rumours and general thinking aloud. It's quite possible they do a massive refresh and redesign everything and nothing gets dropped. I know a couple of members of the studio like Skaven :D 

• Like 2

Just now, Gaz Taylor said:

Please bear in mind these are rumours and general thinking aloud. It's quite possible they do a massive refresh and redesign everything and nothing gets dropped. I know a couple of members of the studio like Skaven :D 

Yeah, I know, I usually tend to diferentiante on all enterprises between "the creative staff" and the "executive staff". I trust the first A LOT, these guys are between some of the most talented designers/writers/sculpters/painters as you can get... but the second guys are the ones on whom I think about when I say "it's GW"

I'll hold my hopes, tho. Nothing has been shown yet!

I pretty sure the Sunday preview article said we'd be getting new model reveals (plural) this week.

So hopefully we'll get something today as well as Heresy on Thursday.

Not sure what though, most likely Necromunda or Bloodbowl foreword?

8 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I pretty sure the Sunday preview article said we'd be getting new model reveals (plural) this week.

So hopefully we'll get something today as well as Heresy on Thursday.

Not sure what though, most likely Necromunda or Bloodbowl foreword?

I expect a black Library Celebration preview, with some new minis revealed on it.

Wel, I dunno if it is due for this week, but I bet GW will want to make an event for the anouncement of the new Great Scouring series.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

You vs the skeleton she tells you not to worry about:

99120207046_DeathrattleGraveguard01.jpg?

nk5y9iumFN8K5PUU.jpg

I totally forgot that warband! They are indeed their pretty cousins, but I find something odd about these skeletons, the Cursed City ones and the boxed ones, and it is their legs' placement.

image.png.2fdc2b66943b3aa399e4e8e3bcd6677f.png

They feel so weird. It reminds me of the chat about TOW skellies and their weird dancing-like legs:

image.png.b90ef226643fd8983766d50431f2754b.png

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

I expect a black Library Celebration preview, with some new minis revealed on it.

Wel, I dunno if it is due for this week, but I bet GW will want to make an event for the anouncement of the new Great Scouring series.

We had the Black library preview in November, so I don’t think we will see anything else, other than Monday model and Thursday age of darkness although the model for Monday could be anything, a couple weeks back was an AOS model

Edited by Deakz28
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Danaork said:

Take away - they are thinking about the feedback and going to do something better next time they do it. I would still expect an Open Day at Warhammer World at some point though :D 

I'm also sure there will be lots of upcoming previews as well, so don't panic :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I quite enjoyed last year's warhammer fest myself, but, yeah, they're probably trying to cook up a different approach to it, I'd imagine.

But if you're not attending the actual event then the preview show is kinda the big draw, so they can just run one of those round April time to much the same effect, I guess.

Edited by Lucentia
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Take away - they are thinking about the feedback and going to do something better next time they do it. I would still expect an Open Day at Warhammer World at some point though :D 

I'm also sure there will be lots of upcoming previews as well, so don't panic :D 

Alternative takeaway. This is really bad communication from GW. No mention of why Warhammer fest isn't happening this year. Warhammer fest has historically been thier biggest preview event of the year. Are they really doing nothing to replace it?  If they are why don't they announce it now? This is also very late to announce the golden demon changes. Some of those entries take many months to complete. 

It is especially i bad to cancel their flagship event in an AoS launch year. They better have something special planned. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

You vs the skeleton she tells you not to worry about:

99120207046_DeathrattleGraveguard01.jpg?

nk5y9iumFN8K5PUU.jpg

I gotta be the one human being on earth still loving the older Skeletons: the new ones are way too big and I loved that the kits had skulls that matched everything in the range that came afterwards for the next like 10 years! Though having built a few of the grave guard recently, I can't pretend like they aren't a bit tedious

I just like my skellies looking like they could be inside most 28mm people lol

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Pizzaprez said:

I gotta be the one human being on earth still loving the older Skeletons: the new ones are way too big and I loved that the kits had skulls that matched everything in the range that came afterwards for the next like 10 years! Though having built a few of the grave guard recently, I can't pretend like they aren't a bit tedious

I just like my skellies looking like they could be inside most 28mm people lol

Interesting, I thought everyone agreed that the older skeletons were extremely oversized.

Certainly, the tomb kings (5th ed?) skeletons are. The newest Vampire Counts (7th ed?) skeletons are good, though.

However, it's not like Warhammer and AoS are super consistent about scale anyway. Characters are frequently a good bit larger than troops and vehicle crew members are usually a bit smaller, for example.

• Like 4

Just now, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Interesting, I thought everyone agreed that the older skeletons were extremely oversized.

Certainly, the tomb kings (5th ed?) skeletons are. The newest Vampire Counts (7th ed?) skeletons are good, though.

However, it's not like Warhammer and AoS are super consistent about scale anyway. Characters are frequently a good bit larger than troops and vehicle crew members are usually a bit smaller, for example.

Ah no; not the Tomb Kings ones, the 7th ed Vampire Counts stuff was it for me! The AoS Deathrattle Skeletons and the matching grave guard are not really my jam. I liked the Cool Tall Skeletons for Cursed City, and was horrified when I realized they were replacing one of the GOAT kits without also replacing the matching elite skeletons! The 5th(?) edition skeletons have a special place in my heart; they were my first ever kit!

But the 7th ed kit is so good that I panic bought enough for AoS before they were dropped

• Like 2