The Rumour Thread

Just now, flying_dutchman said:

Wasn't the real reason that some bigwig though slaanesh was problematic and they were dropping them.

I think that rumour was going around in the days of early AoS, but since Hedonites got two waves of release since then I think we can pretty safely call it debunked.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, flying_dutchman said:

Wasn't the real reason that some bigwig though slaanesh was problematic and they were dropping them.

I find it curious that there were rumours about it, mainly cause they were sexualised, and they are releasing the metal troll from TOW that has those ****** hanging...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

I was quite surprised with all the rumours about bonesplitterz going away that there was so little emphasis on savage orcs in the old world book.

From what I can gather they are a 0-1 unit in any list.

I would have thought there would have been a bit more prominent as old world is a more historic setting and savage orcs look more primative. 

Perhaps it's GW getting rid of problematic racial connotations in its miniatures. For instance, mongolian goblins, japanese rats, aboriginal orcs etc.

Might be why there are rumours that eshin are getting left out of the skaven range refresh.

I suspect it's more a combination of sales not reaching targets and ensuring that there is premium shelf space in shops. Also ideas get refined over time and there's a chance somebody in the design studio has come up with better ideas.

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I think that rumour was going around in the days of early AoS, but since Hedonites got two waves of release since then I think we can pretty safely call it debunked.

100% agree. I also think people get confused about Slaanesh and think it's just about pleasures of the flesh rather than it's about excess, like too much food and drink, too much playing games, etc. 

Anyway back to rumours....

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I ruddy well hope that rumour is long gone! Everything points towards Slaanesh being around for the foreseeable future, surely. 

Us Sybarites have never had it so good! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

I was quite surprised with all the rumours about bonesplitterz going away that there was so little emphasis on savage orcs in the old world book.

From what I can gather they are a 0-1 unit in any list.

I would have thought there would have been a bit more prominent as old world is a more historic setting and savage orcs look more primative. 

Perhaps it's GW getting rid of problematic racial connotations in its miniatures. For instance, mongolian goblins, japanese rats, aboriginal orcs etc.

Might be why there are rumours that eshin are getting left out of the skaven range refresh.

It doesn't seem to me that GW is scared of using cultural connotations in their miniatures, look at Snarlfang which are still clearly mongolian/steppe-riders inspired, or Ossiarchs with the imperial Japan look.

Edit: Also with Khorne going mesoamerican, Slaanesh going middle-eastern belly dancers, Ogres still being mongolian with some native-american elements and half of Soulblight going clearly eastern-european.

Edited by pitzok
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

34 minutes ago, pitzok said:

It doesn't seem to me that GW is scared of using cultural connotations in their miniatures, look at Snarlfang which are still clearly mongolian/steppe-riders inspired, or Ossiarchs with the imperial Japan look.

Edit: Also with Khorne going mesoamerican, Slaanesh going middle-eastern belly dancers, Ogres still being mongolian with some native-american elements and half of Soulblight going clearly eastern-european.

That's a good point, and well made.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

I feel like Slaanesh has been left out of the maps for a reason. I think they could be in the next seasons narrative.

Well, would be weird to have an edition in Ulgu and not having Slaanesh a big part of the narrative

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Possibly the most boring rumour engine ever. It's a cloak. It could be almost any faction in the game.ps1VQ3t4wIBk4oL3.jpg.0f18b5522216910bf34222bdce849d58.jpg

Awful. Literally no identifying marks on that thing except that coffee stain in the upper right.

Anyway, coffee obviously implies that Araby is coming to the Old World next.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

New scenery confirmed! GW was reading our chat and gave us a curtain RE.

Honestly the next Warcry season having terrain themed around ruined buildings with bits of debris like tattered curtains still hanging and damaged furniture could be pretty cool

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Possibly the most boring rumour engine ever. It's a cloak. It could be almost any faction in the game.ps1VQ3t4wIBk4oL3.jpg.0f18b5522216910bf34222bdce849d58.jpg

Only thing I can guess it's that an elf wouldn't wear such a wasted cape

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

.. I think its a huge scroll actually...

That's what I thought too when I first saw it. But in the accompanying tweet that said something about a 'stylish item of clothing'. 

Oh, and it probably ain't anything Slaaneshi. Too much vanity to wear a distressed cloak! 

43 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

That's what I thought too when I first saw it. But in the accompanying tweet that said something about a 'stylish item of clothing'. 

Oh, and it probably ain't anything Slaaneshi. Too much vanity to wear a distressed cloak! 

RE text rarely if ever have direct reference to what miniature it is.. the community members (logically) seem to be as unaware as us of what the RE is and link the text to their interpretation.

Its actually something I missed including when I made those RE collages years ago on war-of-sigmar wich moved around a bit ( until warboss kurgan did a much better job with his blogpost and now someone here made a lovely dedicated site, but Im not frequent enough yet to remember the users name. ) Including the original texts so it can actually be measured how often they link to the final reveal, or that the few rights might be coincidental.

In short.. I still think its a scroll 😛 ( but Im very often wrong with my theories and speculation so it doesnt say much ;) )

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

RE text rarely if ever have direct reference to what miniature it is.. the community members (logically) seem to be as unaware as us of what the RE is and link the text to their interpretation.

Its actually something I missed including when I made those RE collages years ago on war-of-sigmar wich moved around a bit ( until warboss kurgan did a much better job with his blogpost and now someone here made a lovely dedicated site, but Im not frequent enough yet to remember the users name. ) Including the original texts so it can actually be measured how often they link to the final reveal, or that the few rights might be coincidental.

In short.. I still think its a scroll 😛 ( but Im very often wrong with my theories and speculation so it doesnt say much ;) )

It would fit with the late trend of releasing scribes here and there for AoS. This would be the next step. A big demon-size scribe.

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It would fit with the late trend of releasing scribes here and there for AoS. This would be the next step. A big demon-size scribe.

Scibes for everyone! ( and glyph scratcher for the gitz.. with every rumor I recheck blanches unmade concepts for them )

In a feverish haze last night, an idea came to me.

We know Stormcast are going to end up in the starter boxes because they're the poster-starter faction.

However,

What if the LAUNCH BOX had some new Cities unit(s) mixed in? Perhaps a new shrine unit and new flagellants or militia?

If it's Stormcast vs Skaven this could be an opportunity to use the 4e launch box as a combined Order force against Skaven saboteurs. (i'd also prefer not getting net-new Stormcast on top of redone oldies. just give us thunderstruck Warrior and Sacrosanct chambers!)

using new COS cult units alongside redone stormcast would be an extremely fluffy introduction to 4e, opening the gates for COS wave 2, and make the Stormcast refresh land better.

1 minute ago, CommissarRotke said:

In a feverish haze last night, an idea came to me.

We know Stormcast are going to end up in the starter boxes because they're the poster-starter faction.

However,

What if the LAUNCH BOX had some new Cities unit(s) mixed in? Perhaps a new shrine unit and new flagellants or militia?

If it's Stormcast vs Skaven this could be an opportunity to use the 4e launch box as a combined Order force against Skaven saboteurs. (i'd also prefer not getting net-new Stormcast on top of redone oldies. just give us thunderstruck Warrior and Sacrosanct chambers!)

using new COS cult units alongside redone stormcast would be an extremely fluffy introduction to 4e, opening the gates for COS wave 2, and make the Stormcast refresh land better.

Well, it would certainly go down easier for NON-SC players. I'd like a mix out of SC and CoS personally as well but I like mixed armies in general, nothing is more boring than something that looks the same to me. Others prefer the exact opposite though (some of us had that discussion a while back in this very thread I think), so hard to say what the consensus would be.

What I'd really prefer however is them not making easy to build SC minis of units for the starter box and then release a stand-alone version a bit later. With SC looking so similar there's really no benefit to that and those resources could be a totally new kit for someone else and literally every single other force needs it more than SCE. But I guess I'm delusional there.

Anyways, my biggest hope is that the next edition will fill some (big) gaps for most forces, especially those that basically got nothing so far.

• Like 6