The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Garrac said:

I'm sorry if I get Warcry/UnderWorlds/Kill Team fans mad at me, and you'd be right for doing so, but my highly polemic opinion about this is that I prefer the Kill Team approach: gimme food from other games, ok, but let them be generic units on the regular army, and not spetial characters or something fancy like that. I mean, Kill Team has really made the foundations for a Lost and the Damned army that now just requires like 2-5 kits more to make a full codex.

Warcry is moving in that direction though as I pointed out with the chameleon skinks and the gorgers. With Underworlds it's more difficult. Honestly the best way to use them is as alternative sculpts of existing characters like the recent plague priest. 

Also why did Skaven make you hate Underworlds? All three of those warbands are fantastic. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Warcry is moving in that direction though as I pointed out with the chameleon skinks and the gorgers. With Underworlds it's more difficult. Honestly the best way to use them is as alternative sculpts of existing characters like the recent plague priest. 

Also why did Skaven make you hate Underworlds? All three of those warbands are fantastic. 

Because as I told Ejecutor earlier I dont want named plague monks, gutter runner or clanrat spetial character warbands, I want new plague monks, new gutter runners or new clanrats that could have been made instead of units that work like a specific knive and are harder to get on non AoS/UW games because of the diferent base sizes.

Also, cool that Warcry has taken notes then. I think it's the best for both games.

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Yeap, Im starting to have the feeling that there won't be much stuff shown at LVO. What I expect now is:

-40k: Dark Angels and mechboi, just that

-AoS: Everything related to Dawnbringers 4

-30k: I dunno, I don't play it, solar auxilia something

-Warcry: the next 2 warbands, order vs death from the roadmap

-Underworlds: the same thing, I dunno, skavens made me hate Underworlds, sorry

-Kill Team: ust the mandrakes shown, plus perhaps a pciture of the Night Lords sprue as they have a very vast fandom dying to see it

Now, my pure mad maniac wishlisting:

-KROOTS, KROOTS, KROOTS, KROOTS, KROOTS, KROOTS, KROOTS, KROOTS

-Dawnbringers 5

-Preview for an Eshin Warcry band

-Next KT previewed as well, I think Valrak mentioned GSC?

But that's just a little of copium, not actually expecting it.

Im expecting the bare minimum.

Underworlds Warband.

LRL and Nighthaunt Warbands.

Id love to be wrong!!

• Like 1

-40k: Orks + Custodes. Maybe first look to Tau big release

-Kill Team: Mandrakes + Roadmap

-AoS: DW4 boxes + Roadmap. Maybe DW5 first look.

-Warcry: Lumineth vs Nighthunt + Roadmap

-Underworlds: The graverobber warband + Roadmap

-HH: The new army. I am really hyped with that + Roadmap

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Underworlds Warband.

Id love to be wrong!!

Yeah, after seeing all the guesses that everyone made and the lack of countdown images seems it is going to be a quick and quiet preview.

The only notable addition to me is that it seems we would get roadmaps, which is fuel for the Rumour Thread.

Edited by Ejecutor

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Underworlds Warband.

Id love to be wrong!!

You are way too pessimistic. We know there's something coming for mainline AoS. The worst case scenario is that there's one more Dawnbringers 4 hero and that's all we see. 

Personally I think we've seen all there is for book 4 and we'll see book 5 which is a minimum of the Darkoath cavalry and a chaos hero. 

My guess is that we'll see that plus Darkoath on foot, Callis and Toll and a DoK hero too. 

Then we'll see Nighthaunt Vs Lumineth for warcry, Soulblight for Underworlds, solar Auxilithingy for 30k, ork box, custodes box and Kroot box for 40k and the mandrakes for Kill team. 

That would be a massive show though. 

They could keep some of the book 5 stuff and one of the 40k boxes back to show later. I do think we'll see everything that was in the new year videos. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Chikout said:

What to you makes for a meaningful update?

My approach is one of quality vs quantity. I'll use Kruleboyz as an example here. If they get a calvary unit in their next update and that's all then I'd consider that a meaningful update as it's a tool that they could really use. Or even a single 50mm heavy unit (moss troggs or something) Would be a great single and meaningful update. 

I wasn't all that impressed by their warcry band. The AoS rules were somewhat lacking and it wasn't really anything they really needed so that's an unmeaningful update to me. If the whole warband had just been the beastnob, the grot, and the monkeys and offered something unique I'd of falling in love but alas. 

So any kind of update is meaningful if its useful and brings more to the table regardless of its size. 

Big pig is a great model but I can't help but think it would have been a better execution if it had been a transport unit Instead or at least a build option. 

• Like 3

As much as I am excited to see the Warcry and UW models, honestly I'm really hoping we get to see a Cities Vanguard or Spearhead box, hopefully with Callis and Toll. Would be nice to start collecting Cities and the army set looks nice (if a little low on the points) but would be nice to see whatever the standard starter box would be too.

On 1/17/2024 at 8:53 AM, Still-young said:

I always read the Spanish wiki as ‘Sigmar Erotica’, and people do keep saying they want more AoS books...

As Sigmar and Gorkamorka looked victoriously over the battlefield admiring each other's prowess, both noticed the damage on the other's armour... and the muscular body revealed by the torn garments

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah, after seeing all the guesses that everyone made and the lack of countdown images seems it is going to be a quick and quiet preview.

The only notable addition to me is that it seems we would get roadmaps, which is fuel for the Rumour Thread.

Same.

I’m incredibly and probably only excited for the horus heresy announcement of the auxilia (very certain it is them at that point.

as for the rest…

I’m not sure, aos doesn’t seem to be getting anything interesting unless somebody plays one of the army that new dawnbringer book brings with it.

And as for 40k….. I haven’t really been concerned about at all.

I guess we’ll see the next two armies getting their books. So custodes and orks… or tau?

Really Im not that familiarised with AoS setting and all, but one thing I find weird is, if the AoS 4th is coming in summer, GW will just do 2 dawnbringer books for 5-6 months? Is there anything else rumoured for AoS during that time?

3 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Really Im not that familiarised with AoS setting and all, but one thing I find weird is, if the AoS 4th is coming in summer, GW will just do 2 dawnbringer books for 5-6 months? Is there anything else rumoured for AoS during that time?

DW4 is coming in February, then we have dw5 waiting, that can be in March or April and in May we are going to get the announce of 4th with the release in June.

There is just 1 month empty of Aos, that can be covered by the Spearhead boxes, plus another two Warcry bands and Underworlds.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ragest said:

DW4 is coming in February, then we have dw5 waiting, that can be in March or April and in May we are going to get the announce of 4th with the release in June.

There is just 1 month empty of Aos, that can be covered by the Spearhead boxes, plus another two Warcry bands and Underworlds.

Wyrdhollow came at the end of april, so you can expect the next core box of underworlds to do the same

no runir, bur I’m feeling some khorne or nurgle daemons being a part of one of the two warbands

Do you think there's anything left to reveal about Dawnbringers 4 ? As far as I'm concerned, it's a done deal and all we can do now is wait for the 5th book, which will focus on Chaos.

In fact, I wonder if there'll be a 6th to bring the series to a close before Aos 4th ?

To recap, we've had :

• Book 1) An emissary for each grand alliance
  • Book 2) Destruction (one character, 2 if you count Zoggrok but I don't know if he has a role in Dawnbringers)
  • Book 3) Order (two characters)
  • Book 4) Death (two characters)
  • Book 5) Chaos (one character, Lady of Ruin, implied by Whitefang and...?)
Edited by Draznak
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Garrac said:

The books are normally spaced by 2 months. Between that and the preview of the big box, they have us covered.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

As Sigmar and Gorkamorka looked victoriously over the battlefield admiring each other's prowess, both noticed the damage on the other's armour... and the muscular body revealed by the torn garments

Sigmar gazed upon Archaon longingly.

"They say my greatest loss was Ghal Maraz, but it was losing you.. "

Though his helmet concealed any emotion, Archaon's voice betrayed his longing.

"Sigmar, the Ruinous powers may scrable to claim me, but I have always belonged to you..."

(The rest is heavily censored)

• Haha 9
  • LOVE IT! 2

44 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I guess this is more what I meant with regards the underwold mobs, you're proxying them in for existing models or filling out specific small slots. I'm not familiar with the Ogor and Seraphon ranges but I did see the Flameseekers seemed better for FS. So maybe if this is the direction for Warcry to make them more cross compatible with AoS then it would work.

7 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Do you think there's anything left to reveal about Dawnbringers 4 ? As far as I'm concerned, it's a done deal and all we can do now is wait for the 5th book, which will focus on Chaos.

In fact, I wonder if there'll be a 6th to bring the series to a close before Aos 4th ?

To recap, we've had :

• Book 1) An emissary for each grand alliance
  • Book 2) Destruction (one character, 2 if you count Zoggrok but I don't know if he has a role in DW)
  • Book 3) Order (two characters)
  • Book 4) Death (two characters)
  • Book 5) Chaos (one character implied by Whitefang and...?)

Book 5:

S2D mini wave presumably. Ascended Khorgos Khul?

And I agree, I feel we could have a book 6 closing the narrative and leading to 4th ed.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Cool, thanks!

For anyone else wondering about 40k for winter-spring, if we follow Valrak rumours and the roadmap, we're having:

-Dark angels (already shown)

-Orks (just a new mechboi)

-Custodes, I think Valrak said coming with just an HWW character?

-Tau, with a new big rerange for kroots

-CSM with new Chaos Lord in termie and retro options

For Kill Team he has said a lot of things (swooping hawks, GSC, kroot?...) but not in what order

Will see his new video and filter it here

Edited by Garrac

2 minutes ago, Garrac said:

-Dark angels (already shown)

There may still be a librarian (Ezekiel?) according to Valrak's source. He may also be visible in one of the photos in the WarCo article on Inner Circle companions (Valrak has, of course, made a video about this).

Ok, so Valrak speculates on his own that this is going to happen at LVO:

-No Space Marines, a xenos/chaos preview focus

-Big boxset for tau that is 100% just full kroot, all new models

-Orks, only one new HQ model, the shadowy mechboi shown last year

-boxset full of mechguyz, tranformers time!

-New custodes HQ

-Plastic Solar Auxilia

-Night Lords vs mandrakes, ofc.

-The "wispers on the warp" have told him that the next KT is votann vs genestealers.

-Genestealers come with an upgrade kit like the cadians, but he doesnt elaborate on if hes refering to genestealers, or a new unit for GSC

-Pioneer votanns on foot

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

The Seraphon and Ogor warbands are improved versions of old AoS units though. A kit like that is definitely a proper AoS unit. 

In general I think it is fair to say that recent Warcry warbands have also been proper AoS units, while Underworlds warbands have not. That seems to be how GW views it.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

Sigmar gazed upon Archaon longingly.

"They say my greatest loss was Ghal Maraz, but it was losing you.. "

Though his helmet concealed any emotion, Archaon's voice betrayed his longing.

"Sigmar, the Ruinous powers may scrable to claim me, but I have always belonged to you..."

(The rest is heavily censored)

I now want an AoS dating sim. If there is a dating sim for KFC, birds and weapons, why not explore the forbidden lore between a kroxigor and a dryad? Fyreslayers, Darkoath, Bonesplotters and Daughters of Khaine are already dressed for the coverart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2