The Rumour Thread

10 hours ago, Pizzaprez said:

I agree! Khorne, to me, has always sort of been in a weird place with his "I hate magic" slant: guy has so many magitech demon engines and I remember the hoops the narrative had to jump through to have "Khorne demon summoners" in the 40k Siege of Vraks story. I felt like that weirdness was only exacerbated in AoS by Khorne's "not magic" blood rituals and Endless Not-Spells

Leaning into mesoamerican blood ritual aesthetics is an extremely neat angle to take them! I remember that same warband had a smith with an anvil chained to his back that stuck out to me as particularly cool: I think it was his not-bodybuilder physique 

In scandinavian mythology magic is a massive taboo for men, can be compared to the f-word, and blocks you a chance to enter valhalla, but Odin still does it, because hes the one making the rules,he doesnt care what others think about his hipocrisy, and this ability to ignore rules that exist for everybody else is what makes him a god, i think the same can be in some sense be applied to Khorne

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

I get that ToW is making some believe older models need to be removed from AoS but all old sculpts would eventually get replaced/ moved to legend even without ToW existing. It has been happening since AoS started. ToW is just a new home for these older sculpts to still exist. 

This is probably the best thing about the advent of The Old World, in my book; it's like a safety net for some of the older models. I'm not sure if I'm going to be a TOW collector/player, but I'm a total sucker for "classic" miniatures. The opportunity to pick up some more of the older Chaos Knights (when they get to them) would be much appreciated by me, even though I fully intend to use them in Age of Sigmar. Hell, I'd love to pick up a box of the Forsaken it they make a return! 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Gutsu17 said:

In scandinavian mythology magic is a massive taboo for men, can be compared to the f-word, and blocks you a chance to enter valhalla, but Odin still does it, because hes the one making the rules,he doesnt care what others think about his hipocrisy, and this ability to ignore rules that exist for everybody else is what makes him a god, i think the same can be in some sense be applied to Khorne

Hah! I like it. Everyone knows that Khorne's always been a hypocritical great benny. 

17 hours ago, RyantheFett said:

He just truly does not care about anything outside Space Marines. Like even other 40k factions take second place to the great Space Marines. I been watching a lot of his videos for the new Tau units and it has been painful.

That's inexplicable. How can somebody be obsessed with 21st lieutenant for Space Marines and doesn't care about other, actually great designs. What a waste of information... If I knew his insider I would tell you about everything but SM. I can't even tell the difference between those models.

Edited by Aeryenn
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

That's inexplicable. How can somebody be obsessed with 21st lieutenant for Space Marines and doesn't care about other, actually great designs. What a waste of information... If I knew his insider I would tell you about everything but SM. I can't even tell the difference between those models.

I mean much as I may not be a fan of his, he has put in the hard work to grow his channel and attract actual leakers. He might still be only interested in one faction in one game but he's still willing to share what he gets, vague as it might be.

There's also a possibility that being vague is to protect his sources, it wouldn't be difficult for GW to switch up a few names in production to see if they can narrow down where in their production chain leaks are coming from.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Aeryenn said:

He has probably the opposite opinion. 😀. You are free to start your own YouTube channel, attract leakers and share some nice AoS info with us. 😉

• Like 4

Valrak has said in a video before that he thinks AoS has some of the best miniatures and ranges that GW puts out. He's aware people have formed this idea he 'hates' AoS.

Personally I think his accent and how he talks, combined with his focus on 40K (primarily Space Marines), make it seem like he dislikes everything else. From the videos I've watched, he's clearly passionate about 40K, and while he may not be interested in other systems in the same way, any rumours he brings are welcome.

• Like 10

I‘ve already received my 3d prints (the Tzeentch stuff from Lost Kingdom miniatures, ordered over etsy seller 3DMiniaturesWorld) - just wanted to share a quick pic showing the quality! One needs to clean them up a bit around the edges (not so different from plastic minis), but the quality is pretty darn amazing IMO! I don‘t see any difference to say a Forgeworld resin head. So if the modeller gets the proportions somewhat right, they‘re additions to the official GW models!

image.jpeg.cda7082b0caff1f3bccf485475b2c18a.jpeg

• Like 9

I would legit love it if Kurnothis, more similar to Skeath's wild hunt, joined the roster of the Sylvaneth.

Also, a random thought I had yesterday: with the Chaos Dwarves coming back (although the exact time is unknown), what will happen to the Dispossessed Dwarves? Currently, AoS probably holds the record for the largest number of non-traditional dwarves in any fantasy setting.

-Fyreslayers

Fire and magma-themed warrior-based culture dwarves (to the point that they neglect traditional activities like mining and crafting) that see going mercenary and getting paid as a religious duty because gold has slivers of their dead god.

-Kharadrons Secularist high-tech steampunk (actually aether-punk) dwarves that live in flying cities and constantly go to expendions to find more of the substance that keeps their cities flying and even complete with one another about it.

-Chaos Dwarves We don't know how they'll look or how close they can potentially be to their prior incarnation, but we can probably be sure they will be rather unique-looking no matter what happens.

There's also some others who are just mentioned in the lore, like the Rootkings (tree-hugger dwarves what an abominable concept!). and the Shadow Dwarves.

And then we have the Dispossessed, who are just... Normie Dwarves who mine and craft stuff. Since they have been featured in the lore since the start of the game and have not been sidelined since, it clearly seems to indicate that GeeDubs is not interested in shelving them, plus Grungni, their god, is also a major character, so suddenly leaving him with no worshippers would feel really odd. So a revamp seems desperately needed, but how can the designers manage to make them stand out in a setting with so many unique Dwarves?

What are your thoughts?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DD-Lord said:

I would legit love it if Kurnothis, more similar to Skeath's wild hunt, joined the roster of the Sylvaneth.

Also, a random thought I had yesterday: with the Chaos Dwarves coming back (although the exact time is unknown), what will happen to the Dispossessed Dwarves? Currently, AoS probably holds the record for the largest number of non-traditional dwarves in any fantasy setting.

-Fyreslayers

Fire and magma-themed warrior-based culture dwarves (to the point that they neglect traditional activities like mining and crafting) that see going mercenary and getting paid as a religious duty because gold has slivers of their dead god.

-Kharadrons Secularist high-tech steampunk (actually aether-punk) dwarves that live in flying cities and constantly go to expendions to find more of the substance that keeps their cities flying and even complete with one another about it.

-Chaos Dwarves We don't know how they'll look or how close they can potentially be to their prior incarnation, but we can probably be sure they will be rather unique-looking no matter what happens.

There's also some others who are just mentioned in the lore, like the Rootkings (tree-hugger dwarves what an abominable concept!). and the Shadow Dwarves.

And then we have the Dispossessed, who are just... Normie Dwarves who mine and craft stuff. Since they have been featured in the lore since the start of the game and have not been sidelined since, it clearly seems to indicate that GeeDubs is not interested in shelving them, plus Grungni, their god, is also a major character, so suddenly leaving him with no worshippers would feel really odd. So a revamp seems desperately needed, but how can the designers manage to make them stand out in a setting with so many unique Dwarves?

What are your thoughts?

Imo with chorfs coming and dwarfs joining TOW dispossessed would be removed from CoS either on the free index like PDF we would receive at the beginning of the edition or with the next CoS battletome release. Would they be replaced with new duardin units? I don't think so as we are still waiting a have 2 for humans. If they get replacements it would take several years for them to get back.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Imo with chorfs coming and dwarfs joining TOW dispossessed would be removed from CoS either on the free index like PDF we would receive at the beginning of the edition or with the next CoS battletome release. Would they be replaced with new duardin units? I don't think so as we are still waiting a have 2 for humans. If they get replacements it would take several years for them to get back.

Counterpoint: why remove Wanderers/remaining High Elves from Cities, but leave Dispossessed and the Steam Tank/Gyros (all of which will be able to be bought and used in TOW) alongside Dark Elves (who will not be available for TOW)?

It'd be easier to just rip the bandaid off and wipe it all out now (or a few months ago 😛) and go with "they are still in the Cities, but the tabletop range mainly focuses on the Crusades, which are mainly human" or something.

I think if we get a second wave for Cities it'll mainly be Ironweld and Devoted focused, as the Battletome still commonly mentions advanced steam vehicles (which would be nice to have AoS specific minis for), and of course we are yet to explore what the other Cults Unberogen on the transfer sheet are. And maybe we would finally get the long yearned for duardin artillery crew member :D

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Counterpoint: why remove Wanderers/remaining High Elves from Cities, but leave Dispossessed and the Steam Tank/Gyros (all of which will be able to be bought and used in TOW) alongside Dark Elves (who will not be available for TOW)?

It'd be easier to just rip the bandaid off and wipe it all out now (or a few months ago 😛) and go with "they are still in the Cities, but the tabletop range mainly focuses on the Crusades, which are mainly human" or something.

I think if we get a second wave for Cities it'll mainly be Ironweld and Devoted focused, as the Battletome still commonly mentions advanced steam vehicles (which would be nice to have AoS specific minis for), and of course we are yet to explore what the other Cults Unberogen on the transfer sheet are. And maybe we would finally get the long yearned for duardin artillery crew member :D

Because people like to have their conspiracy theories about the sky falling for whichever faction they can get worked up about. I think High Elves and Wood Elves were removed largely because the Lumineth and Sylvaneth took their places in the setting, not because TOW was going to come out at some point.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

To limit the initial shock and/or do not leave a too-squatted range. In fact duardins got their range trimmed down a bit as well. There was one mini that was in the start collecting box that was removed at some point as well. It is just a matter of time.

I gotta say that my CoS project includes duardins and I plan to buy the FS scenery plus something new released for TOW (especially looking at a new plastic unit) if we don't get anything new on AoS. So I don't want them removed, I just think it has all the chances.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tonhel said:

He has probably the opposite opinion. 😀. You are free to start your own YouTube channel, attract leakers and share some nice AoS info with us. 😉

I highly value your advice. You changed my life. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Daaaaamn Ushoran is creepy

He's everything I expected him to be (In essence: Cool AF). A shame I can't stomach the idea of painting a full FEC army because I really like them lore-wise.

51 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

GW most likely needed two waves to fully redo Cities. As you said the magic, gunpowder stuff, and devoted stuff still need to be added. I play Cities and it feels off and half done still. Figure next book they fully remove all the old stuff?

I would say with all the new info we got from TOW that its a good bet that Dispossessed are gone from Cities. With Chaos Dwarfs on their way and Dwarfs being a major faction for TOW that leaves little room. Wood elves and High elves got the exact same treatment.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

GW most likely needed two waves to fully redo Cities. As you said the magic, gunpowder stuff, and devoted stuff still need to be added. I play Cities and it feels off and half done still. Figure next book they fully remove all the old stuff?

I would say with all the new info we got from TOW that its a good bet that Dispossessed are gone from Cities. With Chaos Dwarfs on their way and Dwarfs being a major faction for TOW that leaves little room. Wood elves and High elves got the exact same treatment.

Dispossessed as they are now, I agree. But I really think city Duardin and Aelves are on the way with the next wave. Or GW destroys what makes the cities unique in favour of empire 2.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DD-Lord said:

[...]

What are your thoughts?

Just looked into the Rootkings: literally the fanfiction "ghyran duardin" I'd been kicking around fanfictioning in my head for my Human/Wanderer/Duardin Free City up until Dispossesed were looking like an endangered species. That project is likely going to be on hold for a minute until this Cities wave 2/Old World situation shakes out. But once I'm working on it again I'm 1000% trying to make Root Kings, way too cool.

I think Dispossesed are on the outs for sure. I would sincerely be shocked if GW threads a way to keep any of them in AoS at all. Initially, Cities was like five flavors of "warrior leader, wizard leader, strong and weak foot troops, something ranged, something mounted, something[s] unique" 

Now all of that has been set aside for the Nu Humans, who are almost a 1:1 analogue for the WHF humans. I cannot see GW introducing a new heavily armored troop for more than one race within a faction. I can absolutely see GW encouraging Cities players to pillage the "new" Old World range for proxies and such. I think Dispossesed will exist in the margins of the setting; relying on passionate hobbyists to put them on the tabletop

If Duardin got dropped tomorrow, the helicopters would be the only niche without an almost direct parallel. I think the human wizard from Chamon with the buff-cubes in his cauldron was it for me: he occupies the same sort of narrative/strategic space as the Duardin priests iirc. 

I'd love to see a couple duardin and aelf figures included in every Cities unit, even if just as body types. But, since that hasnt happed outside of one Aelf headswap, I'm lowering my hopes for Cities staying as a mixed-race model range. I'd anticipate a new steam tank and new helicopters to share in an Ironweld aesthetic, and I would bet that any strategic roles solely occupied by duardin right now (like heavily armored foot troops) are due to be replaced in wave 2

• Like 3