The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I'm excited to see how the chaos stunties interact lore wise with Kruleboyz. 

I want to know more about "The war of the Broken promise" betwixt the two. Hopefully it's more than just a lore blurb. 

I stil think Kragnos will play more into things then is currently apparent. 

Yeah, Kragnos will win an ugliness pageant and then go on a rampage! What an amazing character 👌🏻

• Haha 2

Just now, CommissarRotke said:

exactly :) they seem like they could be really good narrative foils for "the development of industry" where COS aren't exactly spotless but they do try purifying the lands around cities while chorfs run a slaver empire hellbent on corrupting the lands.

I swear if we get more diversity in Chorfs than Cities...

Anyway, back to big hats! Both the hobgrot squad leader and Ruinator Alpha have (maybe arguably) big hats. Hobgrot less so, but they don't deserve it anyway 😛

Spoiler

image.png.6b51d9609d2541a733444e4986810392.png

Spoiler

image.png.8eeebcead6a702a905dead83df048a2b.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KarrWolves said:

Wouldn't it just be "Legion of Azgorh"?

Or was that just a subfaction?

It was technically a sub-faction, aye. They were functionally the Slayers of the Chaos Dwarfs, though the list did include a lot of what could be called 'generic' Chorfs.

51 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Yeah, Kragnos will win an ugliness pageant and then go on a rampage! What an amazing character 👌🏻

Whilst I agree whole heartedly about the big pony for better or worse he is tied to the swamp boyz and seeing as destro in general never has much story impact to begin with I'll take what I can get. 

I do feel like there's more than meets the eye going on there. Maybe even tied into the chorfs somehow. 

Probably typical nothing burger destro lore though. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Whilst I agree whole heartedly about the big pony for better or worse he is tied to the swamp boyz and seeing as destro in general never has much story impact to begin with I'll take what I can get. 

I do feel like there's more than meets the eye going on there. Maybe even tied into the chorfs somehow. 

Probably typical nothing burger destro lore though. 

I just hope there is a larger overall motivator to Destruction one day. The narrative of the races themselves are absolutely fine but they do lack that overarching threat other „baddie“ forces have - might be down to them having few „gods“ that GW can center the narrative around. The proper deities like Gorkamorka will always stay background characters and Kragnos, no matter how strong, doesn‘t read as a god but as a legendary beast. As you know, I‘m not exactly a fan of the new ex-mortal gods but it feels strange for some factions to have them and others lacking them. I‘d prefer if we only had more intangible gods ingame and lore-wise and instead legendary heroes and creatures but currently most big names float between legendary hero and real god. 

I do believe in time GW will refine that narrative aspect however. AoS is evolving faster than any other large setting by GW - I bet in five years it will feel as just as defined and well thought if as 40k did. Until then, we gotta send some love to Destruction. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Shar’Tor > Kragnos

I luckily already own one of these but seeing as they’re willing to bring back very old miniatures surely some of the Chaos Dwarf FW range can come back.

Shar’tor is one of the biggest heartbreaks for me, because he was the first Age of Sigmar Forgeworld Character Model, and the Last, he was what to me going to be a signal of an age of beautiful new Resin Miniature of some out of left field characters which were, not quite part of the main army and were a special kit if you wanted a little extra something. 

I hope he comes back, and I hope they Consider doing some more kits like this for the Other factions (and Old World but I’ll hush 😅).

IMG_3340.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

13 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I just hope there is a larger overall motivator to Destruction one day. The narrative of the races themselves are absolutely fine but they do lack that overarching threat other „baddie“ forces have - might be down to them having few „gods“ that GW can center the narrative around. The proper deities like Gorkamorka will always stay background characters and Kragnos, no matter how strong, doesn‘t read as a god but as a legendary beast. As you know, I‘m not exactly a fan of the new ex-mortal gods but it feels strange for some factions to have them and others lacking them. I‘d prefer if we only had more intangible gods ingame and lore-wise and instead legendary heroes and creatures but currently most big names float between legendary hero and real god. 

I do believe in time GW will refine that narrative aspect however. AoS is evolving faster than any other large setting by GW - I bet in five years it will feel as just as defined and well thought if as 40k did. Until then, we gotta send some love to Destruction. 

What are the power differences between a human turned into a god, like Sigmar, and the Chaos gods? Is it described somewhere? Because to me gods like Kragnos feel closer to Demigods than a proper god. I mean, I cannot compare Kragnos to Khorne. I am pretty sure Khorne would spit on Kragnos and he would be dead. So, why do they have the same status? Or Archaon. He is also in that kind of demigod status. Maybe AoS follows that path with kind of "minor" gods for every faction?

• Like 1

Me returning to TGA after 24 hours.

CHAOS everywhere.

Chaos beasts, chaos dwarves, ToW chaos, models being moved chaos, chaos in the feels, chaos rats. Guess 4th is really the Chaos edition again.

But be real, u all didnt see me destroying everything this edition.

• Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

What are the power differences between a human turned into a god, like Sigmar, and the Chaos gods? Is it described somewhere? Because to me gods like Kragnos feel closer to Demigods than a proper god. I mean, I cannot compare Kragnos to Khorne. I am pretty sure Khorne would spit on Kragnos and he would be dead. So, why do they have the same status? Or Archaon. He is also in that kind of demigod status. Maybe AoS follows that path with kind of "minor" gods for every faction?

Yeah, godhood feels as if there are tiers - the only ingame char that feels like a proper god is Nagash to me as he’s worked for aeons on it… and Sigmar would be my second pick but he was kinda divine long before being catapulted into AoS. The rest mostly feels like „hey, we had this char, let‘s say s/he‘s godly now“.  And none of those feels like a Chaos God or Gorkamorka. I dunno, sometimes I think they should‘ve just stuck with the old pantheon like Ulric and company. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MitGas said:

image.png.b39c7493c4d2aeb52ba8dd51a7b5c219.png

Not a shabby start for some Tzeentch bits/minis. By Lost Kingdom Miniatures. I would‘ve preferred some more pants but I might get some… 

Ok, I just bought them on etsy. Will be interesting how they hold up in real life next to GW‘s stuff. I figure a couple of parts will be cool at least. 

A cool fatemaster should be in there! 

Edited by MitGas

48 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Yeah, godhood feels as if there are tiers - the only ingame char that feels like a proper god is Nagash to me as he’s worked for aeons on it… and Sigmar would be my second pick but he was kinda divine long before being catapulted into AoS. The rest mostly feels like „hey, we had this char, let‘s say s/he‘s godly now“.  And none of those feels like a Chaos God or Gorkamorka. I dunno, sometimes I think they should‘ve just stuck with the old pantheon like Ulric and company. 

I don't know,  I think Alarielle has a strong claim because she did the fusion dance with Ariel, combining both of Isha's mortal vessels into one form.

And Morathi, well.  She put in the work to get her promotion. 

• Like 6

I'm a LONG time lurker and first time poster.

With all the talk about BoC being squatted, we do know Kragnos is looking for any clues to remnants of his people.

Is it possible BoC might join him? Or he fills their role while the BoC faction is splintered off across the chaos factions?

I'm so hopeful for Malerion. I've been waiting since 2016...

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

I don't know,  I think Alarielle has a strong claim because she did the fusion dance with Ariel, combining both of Isha's mortal vessels into one form.

And Morathi, well.  She put in the work to get her promotion. 

Hmmm… not saying they aren‘t gods just that they don‘t feel like being on the same tier as some other gods. I just feel like having a mini makes them seem less godly already as in my mind a god should wipe the floor easily with whole armies - I know rules don‘t reflect actual power and they might just be aspects etc. but I can have a strained relationship to that concept. I‘m not against there being new gods per se, it just feels so convenient to have lots of key personalities ascend etc and be in there as figures. Makes me think of them more like primarchs than gods. But you‘ve named two decent examples for sure. I think it needs to gestate in my mind some longer, perhaps I can articulate it better later on.

9 minutes ago, ERHanmer said:

I'm a LONG time lurker and first time poster.

With all the talk about BoC being squatted, we do know Kragnos is looking for any clues to remnants of his people.

Is it possible BoC might join him? Or he fills their role while the BoC faction is splintered off across the chaos factions?

I'm so hopeful for Malerion. I've been waiting since 2016...

I think Malerion will come during 4th ed. It‘s been too long a wait fot sure. Every Skaven, CD, Malerion, Ogors and BoC fan has my sympathy. I‘m sending thoughts and prayers like politicians do, that seems to be really helpful!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Kronos said:

Shar’Tor > Kragnos

I luckily already own one of these but seeing as they’re willing to bring back very old miniatures surely some of the Chaos Dwarf FW range can come back.

Shar’tor is one of the biggest heartbreaks for me, because he was the first Age of Sigmar Forgeworld Character Model, and the Last, he was what to me was going to be an age of beautiful new Resin Miniature of some out of left field characters which were, not quite part of the main army and were a special kit if you wanted a little extra something. 

I hope he comes back, and I hope they Consider doing some more kits like this for the Other factions (and Old World but I’ll hush 😅).

IMG_3340.jpeg

I was lucky enough to get and paint Shar’tor. It's a great sculpt and one that shows an evolution from the old bull centaurs and even from the previous FW bull centaur renders. I wonder if that's the direction they'll go with new monsters for AoS in the faction. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MitGas said:

One would think it would matter I guess but yeah, you are right, last edition it didn‘t really matter much. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’ll be honest, I don‘t care either way, as long as they release cool stuff! 😂 

I get why people care.  But gw has yet to release factions that corelate to the editions realm.  The editions realm is for all intents and purposes a useless fluff thing.  It barely correlates in in game rules and gives no idea behind which armies are coming out.  Lrl released in second edition which was shyish.

• Like 2

I think the old world reveal has well...revealed something interesting.

Specifically ogre kindgoms and skaven are not getting supported for the old world, but BoC are one of the supported races.

It suggests to me, that skaven and ogors are due for full revamps this year (skaven) and ogors next year. Other old world races, Vampire counts got their big revamp 2022 and seraphon 2023, and warriors of chaos had a bunch of new kits.  It seems more plausible the races not going to the old world are in the process of their revamp, at the rate of one old world army at most once a year. Maybe BoC 2026.

The fact dwarfs are so emphasised for old world to me suggests they will be gone in the next cities of sigmar book, with the newer kits like ironbreakers and hammers getting moved sideways to the old world. I wonder if trollslayers will be supported in the old world given they never had a plastic release in warhammer and the existance of fyreslayers. 

The fact that dark elves are not in the old world and that none of their kits (including the very old corsairs) have been retired makes me suspicious that the AoS Malkieth faction are still a couple of years off. If i remember correctly the really old high elf kits (pre-2010) started to be phased out before lumineth realm lords in 2020. Most of the dark elf kits are post 2010. If people are willing to still buy dark elves in AoS, and they intend to do a full revamp for an AoS Dark elves faction, maybe they will hold off and then re-introduce dark elves to the old world in a few years.

With the excitement for chaos dwarves...i'll believe it when I see it. I get squats got brought back as a great new interation as leagues of votann and I love chaos dwaves in total war warhammer. And we are due a 'new army', the last being sorta of the kruelboyz release. But don't want to get too excited, even though i would buy a laamsu, great tarus or ka'dai destroyer in a heart beat. 

Maybe if I chant lamassu and 'k'dai destroyer' enough, or just start making random posts saying "lamassu" and 'k'dai destroyer' I can bewitch whitefang into a reaction.

Edited by Stormy1486
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MitGas said:

Hmmm… not saying they aren‘t gods just that they don‘t feel like being on the same tier as some other gods. I just feel like having a mini makes them seem less godly already as in my mind a god should wipe the floor easily with whole armies - I know rules don‘t reflect actual power and they might just be aspects etc. but I can have a strained relationship to that concept. I‘m not against there being new gods per se, it just feels so convenient to have lots of key personalities ascend etc and be in there as figures. Makes me think of them more like primarchs than gods. But you‘ve named two decent examples for sure. I think it needs to gestate in my mind some longer, perhaps I can articulate it better later on.

I kind of get what you are saying. I feel like gods with actual models and rules feel less godly. To me they feel more like powerfull mages that get a god status because they are that powerfull but arent actual gods. Its the belief part and the mystery behind them that make them feel like gods imho. Gods dont have to "earn" god status, they just are. Gorkamorka and the Chaos gods feel like these mighty entities with almost limitless power. Dont know if im explaining this well enough.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I kind of get what you are saying. I feel like gods with actual models and rules feel less godly. To me they feel more like powerfull mages that get a god status because they are that powerfull but arent actual gods.

They swagger around proclaiming their own godhood until the real gods show up.