The Rumour Thread

Just now, Hollow said:

I think those current models will stay in AoS and the older models will be brought back to represent those models in ToW. 

As they seem to be doing with stone trolls, and with base sizes for the treeman intended to accommodate the current WHFB/AoS treelord and older versions.

Which suggests that GW actually doesn’t have any particular problem with AoS minis, whether new or dating to WHFB, also being used in TOW. Which then suggests that there isn’t such a frantic driving need on GW’s part to get rid of beastmen in AoS (either outright or with a replacement) and shift their entire range to TOW.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

You think that squig hoppers, fanatics and mangler squigs will be moved to ToW?

No, they will bring back old metal squigs, hoppers and fanatics, same as they did with the rest of cross-compatible kits

13 minutes ago, Chikout said:

For an AoS only player moved is dropped. 

How? They will still be playable in AoS and able to be purchased? They will just be marketed under the ToW banner and new Beast models will be marketed under the AoS banner. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

As they seem to be doing with stone trolls, and with base sizes for the treeman intended to accommodate the current WHFB/AoS treelord and older versions.

Which suggests that GW actually doesn’t have any particular problem with AoS minis, whether new or dating to WHFB, also being used in TOW. Which then suggests that there isn’t such a frantic driving need on GW’s part to get rid of beastmen in AoS (either outright or with a replacement) and shift their entire range to TOW.

Right, especially with all the Beastmen releases we do have for AoS being in the classic brayherd style, and even the newest book doubling down on that quite heavily in their updated lore.

32 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

As they seem to be doing with stone trolls

AoS - Rockgut Troggoths 99120209049_GloomspiteGitzRockgutTroggoths01.jpg

ToW Stone Trolls - 

64845c06cc00d030ca5b4f772097777c_42373.jpg

I may be completely wrong and GW may change course. I just think we will never see models used in AoS in any ToW material. Just like we haven't so far. However, it doesn't stop people from using whatever models they want. I just think "officially" there will be no cross-compatibility. I've said my piece regarding this, and time will tell. 

Edited by Hollow

34 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I may be completely wrong and GW may change course. I just think we will never see models used in AoS in any ToW material. Just like we haven't so far. However, it doesn't stop people from using whatever models they want. I just think "officially" there will be no cross-compatibility. I've said my piece regarding this, and time will tell. 

I think you’re right - at least in that we won’t see models made for AoS in official TOW marketing and publications - if only because a lot have parts that are very mush AoS specific. To use the Rockguts again as the example, they’ve got bits of Stormcast on them.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Hollow said:

How? They will still be playable in AoS and able to be purchased? They will just be marketed under the ToW banner and new Beast models will be marketed under the AoS banner. 

Beacuse why would you buy an old one if you can get a new one instead?

41 minutes ago, Hollow said:

AoS - Rockgut Troggoths 99120209049_GloomspiteGitzRockgutTroggoths01.jpg

ToW Stone Trolls - 

64845c06cc00d030ca5b4f772097777c_42373.jpg

TOW players wanted the "classic" models because "we don't want Age of Sh_tmar models in our beloved Fantasy ! Old World is Old World ! We hate AoS and want none of it in TOW ! ", and GW gave them the classic models. Even if they look like... they were made 20 years ago, which they are. 

Won't stop converters from using them, but officially, it might be the best move from GW to appease the very anti-AoS Fantasy/Old World community.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hollow said:

The worst case scenario is no 4th edition BoC book,  no Daurdin in a 4th edition Cities book, no spiderfang in a 4th edition gloomspite book etc. Also no new lore or art for these things in AoS. If they get replaced that's fine but that would mean a lot of work to design minis that don't necessarily need it as much as others.

14 hours ago, Togetak said:

I think this type of thought is kind of silly, it’s like thinking a 40k faction will be squatted from 40k to be added to the Horus Heresy system. GW makes bad business decisions all the time, but I don’t think they’re super likely to pull an established faction from a mainline game so they can be a side presence in a side game

They removed several HH models from 40k as well as several units from AoS. I find it also weird, but they clearly want a hard line between their games.

Seems like they really don't want a player to use one army for several games. Now how they do it with orcs or chaos???? No idea lol.

5 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

TOW players wanted the "classic" models because "we don't want Age of Sh_tmar models in our beloved Fantasy ! Old World is Old World ! We hate AoS and want none of it in TOW ! ", and GW gave them the classic models. Even if they look like... they were made 20 years ago, which they are. 

Won't stop converters from using them, but officially, it might be the best move from GW to appease the very anti-AoS Fantasy/Old World community.

Lol, what nonsense is this. It's becoming a bit childish. A beautiful mini is a beautiful mini, it doesn't matter from which company or for which gaming system it is.

If anything GW doesn't want that you can use one army for their two games. They want you to buy and collect an army for each game. That is probably the main reason that there is almost no cross-over and why there are no skaven, VC and etc... in TOW.

I am excited and very happy that Warhammer is back, even when everything miniatures wise that I wanted + rulebook was sold out  and that after I had to wait for more than a hour to get in the online shop! Lol, I logged in 20 minutes before pre-order. Their underestimating of demand is becoming legendary.

That said I am still very excited what they will do with AoS 4th edition, how the StD releases coming with Dawnbringers will look like. I also can't wait to see that Lumineth warcry band. I am not planning to stop playing AoS, because I finally have a supported Warhammer back. 

I will ofcourse have to divide my time and money.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Lol, what nonsense is this. It's becoming a bit childish. A beautiful mini is a beautiful mini, it doesn't matter from which company or for which gaming system it is.

If anything GW doesn't want that you can use one army for their two games. They want you to buy and collect an army for each game. That is probably the main reason that there is almost no cross-over and why there are no skaven, VC and etc... in TOW.

I am excited and very happy that Warhammer is back, even when everything miniatures wise that I wanted + rulebook was sold out  and that after I had to wait for more than a hour to get in the online shop! Lol, I logged in 20 minutes before pre-order. Their underestimating of demand is becoming legendary.

That said I am still very excited what they will do with AoS 4th edition, how the StD releases coming with Dawnbringers will look like. I also can't wait to see that Lumineth warcry band. I am not planning to stop playing AoS, because I finally have a supported Warhammer back. 

I will ofcourse have to divide my time and money.

I think keeping the visual identity separate/appealing to nostalgia is a far more likely reason than not wanting people to use their models for both games. The best evidence for this is that they are choosing to use old models even when the AOS released version is not "AOS-ified" and would fit on the base sizes provided for the game (as I'm sure we'll see when they market old Chaos Warriors).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

I think keeping the visual identity separate/appealing to nostalgia is a far more likely reason than not wanting people to use their models for both games. The best evidence for this is that they are choosing to use old models even when the AOS released version is not "AOS-ified" and would fit on the base sizes provided for the game (as I'm sure we'll see when they market old Chaos Warriors).

Goh, nostalgy doesn't make an ugly mini beautiful. 🙂 I am a huge fan of Warhammer, but that doesn't mean that I want mini's back that I find ugly. I will certainly use AoS or 3D printed mini as much as I can for my ToW armies. I am already bussy at it with the leaks of the armylists. :D

image.png.22c3495480cbe1dfa8d9c616d08f4c90.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Goh, nostalgy doesn't make an ugly mini beautiful. 🙂 I am a huge fan of Warhammer, but that doesn't mean that I want mini's back that I find ugly. I will certainly use AoS or 3D printed mini as much as I can for my ToW armies. I am already bussy at it with the leaks of the armylists. :D

image.png.22c3495480cbe1dfa8d9c616d08f4c90.png

I'm not disagreeing with you but I'm not sure the larger Old World community agrees (or that GW perceived they would agree).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I agree. We have chances.

It also works with skaven , COS , KB , STD , ogor , kharadrons for an era of warmachine in chamon . Maybe grotbag scuttlers too 

Edited by Grunbag

It does'nt make sense  saleswise reissuing old metal kits that were remade in aos.
Until i see any older model reissued i will think models that got new version in aos will be used for both.
Tow squig hoppers rules(from the new ravening hordes) have even the lances, making boingrot bounderz legal in tow even....so why in Grungni's name they should reissue old metal squig hoppers that don't have any lance?