The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

so, Chaos Dwarves as an inversion of Cities of Sigmar :D?

Well, they are ment to not be only the faction of Dwarves, but humans and hobgoblins etc. its just that they are all enslaved

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

HOLY.MOLY.

With the rumoured lineup this year, this may be the most stacked (expensive) year yet!

The rumour said during 4th, I hardly doubt it would be in the initial year. Basically we would have half a year for that and it would be kinda rushed, right?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I don't know why but I feel them with Aqsy as their main realm.

I doubt Aqshy tbh. Ulgu feels more likely since so much of Aqshy has already been defined. But they can go any way with it.

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I see it complicate to receive two new armies in the same ed, but who knows...

Like world eaters and votann? Lumineth and gargants? 

He is coming

Edited by Ragest
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Like world eaters and votann? Lumineth and gargants? 

He is coming

C'mon, you cannot call Gargants a "faction" in terms of releases. It is basically one kit. I personally see it too much to get Ulgurothy and Chorfs, but I hope I am wrong.

2 hours ago, Tonhel said:

Was he also correct with BoC being scrapped from AoS?

I've been vocal about my belief this is the case.  The Brayherds don't do anything that isn't covered by other factions. Sneaky ambushers fron the wilderness? Kruleboyz have that covered now. Chaos in all its gribbly mutative horror seems adequately covered by the other factions.

I know there's a bit of hope surrounding rumors of Morghur but heck, even Swifthawks still exist in the fluff.

I've been an ardent beastman lover since their first army book. I'd love to see them return in glory.  But somehow it feels like no one at GW has an idea what to do with them.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

C'mon, you cannot call Gargants a "faction" in terms of releases. It is basically one kit. I personally see it too much to get Ulgurothy and Chorfs, but I hope I am wrong.

Ok, ossiarch so.

And we got 0 new factions this edition, and next edition we are going to celebrate 10 years of sigmar, with a setting based in Ulgu.

C'mon, if He is not coming in 2025 I'll start playing dwarves.

Edited by Ragest
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Ok, ossiarch so.

And we got 0 new factions this edition, and next edition we are going to celebrate 10 years of sigmar, with a setting based in Ulgu.

You are welcome

9 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

I've been an ardent beastman lover since their first army book. I'd love to see them return in glory.  But somehow it feels like no one at GW has an idea what to do with them.

How do you feel about them leaving AoS to be a major faction in The Old World?

I have come to terms with my Cities most likely being all humans in the near future, but interesting to see how people will react to their factions being cut out of one game for another.

Chaos Duardin hype is at an all time high!!

Our Lord and Saviour did tease that it would be during 4.0 so thats anywhere in the next 3 and half years but I think itll be next year for AOS 10th(!?!?!)* Anniversary. 

*Cannot believe itll be a decade old already next year!!

• LOVE IT! 2

24 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

I've been vocal about my belief this is the case.  The Brayherds don't do anything that isn't covered by other factions. Sneaky ambushers fron the wilderness? Kruleboyz have that covered now. Chaos in all its gribbly mutative horror seems adequately covered by the other factions.

I know there's a bit of hope surrounding rumors of Morghur but heck, even Swifthawks still exist in the fluff.

I still hold out hope for a Morghurite faction of weird mutants - the lore around Morghur and Ghorraghan Khai is the only area where BoC seem to genuinely impact the wider AOS narrative.

• LOVE IT! 1

21 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Ok, ossiarch so.

The Ossiarchs still have a bunch of kits, even if you exclude dual kits. I’m pretty sure Gargants only have 2 kits total. It’s a very different situation 

12 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

How do you feel about them leaving AoS to be a major faction in The Old World?

I have come to terms with my Cities most likely being all humans in the near future, but interesting to see how people will react to their factions being cut out of one game for another.

Other than being a little peeved that I'll have to rebase them again, I think... my first impulse would be to say "as long as they get the attention they deserve". But I don't think they would. They haven't even in the Mortal Realms, where the writers could do practically any thing. Instead they're being returned to their old place of being an ever-present "threat" in the Old World. Sure they are. The brayherds are swarming from the Drakwald! They've already taken over a Fort! They've truly earned their place in the backstory of whatever Empire character stopped them!

I know I'm being negative here, perhaps unjustly so, but I'm trying to temper my expectations. The Beasts are like the Hrud in 40k. You know they're there, you know they're a threat. Rather, we're told these things.

• Sad 2

Nah, Hrud are so far just a sketch and name drops in fluff pieces. We have actual Beastmen (beastfolk?) models. 

As an old dude, I really felt. That beastmen should be a supported faction. They’ve kinda always been here as far as I remember. But I could be mistaken.

Edited by Souleater
PEI
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Je suis absolument sûr que Chaos Dwarfs arrivera dans AOS4, peut-être pas en 2024, mais bientôt : nous avons, comme Kharadron Overlords depuis le premier livre de règles d'AOS en 2015, trop d'indices en arrière-plan et de modèles comme Warcry ou Hobgrots.

Concernant Beasts of Chaos , ils appartiennent à 100% à TOW (à la fois le décor WFB et le récit actuel de TOW), c'est sûr.

Pour AOS, la God-ification serait une solution élégante (PESTIGORS, GW), au lieu du pur squatting (enfin, je pense aussi que les Bonespliterz sont les meilleurs candidats pour revenir à TOW mais avec COS, GW a montré que le squatting pouvait être assez irrégulier, avec puis des kits squattés réapparaissant dans TOW).

Mais avec les modèles AOS purs (Endless Spells, Faction Scenery, Underworlds*, nouveaux héros, apparitions de Warcry, etc.) sortis pour BoC, je ne les vois pas squattés de toute façon. 

* Comme Gitmob et Bonesplitterz on pourrait dire...

And what about Ulgu Aelves (Malerion) in the future ?

24 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

Other than being a little peeved that I'll have to rebase them again, I think... my first impulse would be to say "as long as they get the attention they deserve". But I don't think they would. They haven't even in the Mortal Realms, where the writers could do practically any thing. Instead they're being returned to their old place of being an ever-present "threat" in the Old World. Sure they are. The brayherds are swarming from the Drakwald! They've already taken over a Fort! They've truly earned their place in the backstory of whatever Empire character stopped them!

I know I'm being negative here, perhaps unjustly so, but I'm trying to temper my expectations. The Beasts are like the Hrud in 40k. You know they're there, you know they're a threat. Rather, we're told these things.

When looking at the preview for the Arcane journal. I really like it. You can have an army of Bretonnian / Empire lead by a Banished lord. Background / immersion with your characters will be immense. Beastmen will get an arcane journal and should get the same attention as the other core factions.

Hopefully they will return in another form to AoS or give me a couple of units like that beastmen included in one of the warcry units for my StD army. I wanted to look it up, but I am already placed in the que for the webstore. Which is a bit early, as I can only pre-order the TOW stuff in 11 hours.

13 minutes ago, Souleater said:

Nah, Hrud are so far just a sketch and name drops in fluff pieces. We have actual Beastmen (beadtfolk?) models. 

As an old dude, I really felt. That beastmen should be a supported faction. They’ve kinda always been here as far as I remember. But I could be mistaken.

Beasts have almost as little narrative impact as Hrud, was the point I was trying to make. But I definitely agree with you about how they should definitely be a thing.  There's so much you can do with them! I think they're so cool!  But I am also very biased - I like goatmen. My gamer tag has been Gharbad the Weak ever since my flippers have had thumbs. There's so much wasted potential with them. 

• Like 1