The Rumour Thread

33 minutes ago, Kronos said:

That sounds about right 😂, thank you bringing me back to reality. 

I’ll put Primarch Quality Sauron in the same folder of sadness I keep Sigmar, Grombrindal not in fancy dress, and the remaining Aelf Pantheon. 

Honestly any idea out there what might be shown tomorrow? 

We got Sauron at home.

Sauron at home: 

image.jpeg.0238a54d929d45d220f00f45de6ddb3b.jpeg

Yup, it‘s a tragedy. 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Dont know if this is wrong or just hasnt been shown yet. The mystical Spider incarnate has yet to show its face. The RE from 2022-09-13 is now the longest unsolved rumour. I think there was supposed to be a Season of War Gallet at some point and they scrapped the idea. We did get Galletian rules too with a ghb i think it was. This is the one that still bothers me to this day, i love my Spiderfang and they need a new friend.

9 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Often times our good friend simply likes posts because they are interesting, and people will take it as a hint of a rumour.

For example leading up to the release of a book someone might propose a cool unit, and Whitefang joins in on the likes. Then everyone sees that as a confirmation of the proposed unit when in fact it is simply a cool concept.

These Whitefang likes means we are both right?

I still hope we get to see the Spider Incarnate in the future, or even better as part of a Spiderfang wave. The Arachnarok is the first large model i ever painted and imho still holds up really well.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kronos said:

That sounds about right 😂, thank you bringing me back to reality. 

I’ll put Primarch Quality Sauron in the same folder of sadness I keep Sigmar, Grombrindal not in fancy dress, and the remaining Aelf Pantheon. 

Honestly any idea out there what might be shown tomorrow? 

I get excited whenever someone says Sauron but I remember it's never this guy....

image.png.b50a00e1227e7ceed3a8f3c8afde389f.png

but it's always the other one...

Seraphon rumor related they sure do keep talking about feathererd* flying snakes lately. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, DinoJon said:

I get excited whenever someone says Sauron but I remember it's never this guy....

image.png.b50a00e1227e7ceed3a8f3c8afde389f.png

but it's always the other one...

Seraphon rumor related they sure do keep talking about feathererd* flying snakes lately. 

That‘s my favorite Marvel bitplayer and the single best comic panel....ever. I call him Pterodactyl-man. Btw, this character actually named himself after LOTR Sauron.image.png.f97e42379432e4c9d42da810d64651c5.png

image.png

Edited by MitGas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

2 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Already sick of the old world. Could be just my frustration, but I feel like it's already stealing the spotlight from AoS

It's had the same problem as legions imperialis where it feels like it got delayed and the hype train doesn't really have anything new to say anymore

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Already sick of the old world. Could be just my frustration, but I feel like it's already stealing the spotlight from AoS

Issue is we are most likely seeing a new edition of AOS in summer, so we won’t see much stuff now. Most of the stuff will be Dawnbringer related and most likely single models. 
I’m expecting the old world release to be just Tomb Kings and Brets (yes also the books and pdfs for other armies but not many models). I’m also half expecting to see not all of the models for TK and Brets with some coming out later in the year.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Why? Lots of fellow hobbyist are exciting and happy. In a couple of weeks there is the release of FEC. Which has one of the most impressive GW miniatures ever made. There will also be more dawnbringer stuff and after that there is 4th edition. Lots of stuff for AoS. GW is not only AoS 🙂. Imo there was never a better time to be in the hobby.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Why? Lots of fellow hobbyist are exciting and happy. In a couple of weeks there is the release of FEC. Which has one of the most impressive GW miniatures ever made. There will also be more dawnbringer stuff and after that there is 4th edition. Lots of stuff for AoS. GW is not only AoS ;-). Imo there was never a better time to be in the hobby.

And it has also been mentioned that lots of the TOW stuff can easily be used for AoS. Already seen people buzzing over the TK bits for SBGL (I also think we'll see plenty of them sneaking their way in DoT armies). The Bret release is perfect for those who want more restrained design for their CoS army, i.e. wanting a more balanced look in terms of detail since the new CoS models are packed with details which can create an issue where every part of the army keeps shouting for attention.

On in other words, more options for different kinds themes and aesthetics. Win-win my book.

Edited by pnkdth
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

We have to think about the overall community. In the past months, AoS was easily 60-70% of the community-posted content. Some users could be annoyed by that. Everyone has to have its moment.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

And it has also been mentioned that lots of the TOW stuff can easily be used for AoS. Already seen people buzzing over the TK bits for SBGL (I also think we'll see plenty of them sneaking their way in DoT armies). The Bret release is perfect for those who want more restrained design for their CoS army, i.e. wanting a more balanced look in terms of detail since the new CoS models are packed with details which can create an issue where every part of the army keeps shouting for attention.

On in other words, more options for different kinds themes and aesthetics. Win-win my book.

I really hope some stuff from TK will end up in AoS armies. Tomb Guard really could be an interesting subsitute miniature wise for deathrattle skeletons when you chose that beautiful snake hero to be your general.

image.png.4f22b238ed7742f8d51647e890fcae7a.png

• Like 5