The Rumour Thread

12 hours ago, Noserenda said:

It certainly used to, but The Old World team didnt want them to be so *poof*. But they had a full line up of generic units for a few editions on top of the regiments of renown so they were just as much of a faction as anyone else. 

I suspect from the little we have seen the Mercenaries in ToW will be a list of units you can take from other faction lists, possibly with some small changes. So a Border Prince Bombard will be an Empire great cannon (see Empire list) which at least gives us a tiny benefit to slapping all the core lists in one book.

Well… I think the mercs could pretty well work with mayba a hero being added.

while the old mercs had a ton of units of renown (with some really cool lore) I don’t see why a book plus maybe the taskmaster or treasure master being a release wouldn’t be enough.

and rules basically supporting units from all across the the races being combined i to one

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mutton said:

I find it interesting that we haven't heard any rumors about HOW 4th edition will change the game. Even if it isn't a total revamp, almost all edition shifts drastically change the way we play. 

Will we get new generic commands?
Will army construction change?
Will we finally get rid of the god awful battle tactic system?

You’ll hear some things closer to release but it’s mainly due to more interest in 40K. A great example is Chapter Master Valrak who hears loads of things but he glosses over AOS as he’s not interested in it.

Just now, Vagard said:

Are we expecting something big before LVO in January or will it be quiet until then? 

Maybe a tease on New Years Day if something but personally I don’t think we will see much until the next edition.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, michu said:

Expecting big updates to all factions for each edition is ridiculous. GW has more games than AoS and they also need their updates. And there are more important things to update than Idoneth (Skaven anyone?).

Different situations altogether. Idoneth, KO and Fyreslayers are obviously the first factions that should be expanded. I would also add DoK to the list. Sylvaneth or IJ-style additions (two new units, one hero/monster) would do wonders. Skaven and Beastmen are wide and deep factions that just need a Seraphon treatment.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Different situations altogether. Idoneth, KO and Fyreslayers are obviously the first factions that should be expanded. I would also add DoK to the list. Sylvaneth or IJ-style additions (two new units, one hero/monster) would do wonders. Skaven and Beastmen are wide and deep factions that just need a Seraphon treatment.

And when do we think this could happen?

Using 40k 10th ed as an example/ mirror, it could easily happen from early-mid 2025, right? Or even maybe in the vs boxes. It could be a long wait for some players, but I think it would be worth the wait.

17 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

And when do we think this could happen?

Using 40k 10th ed as an example/ mirror, it could easily happen from early-mid 2025, right? Or even maybe in the vs boxes. It could be a long wait for some players, but I think it would be worth the wait.

Using 3rd edition as an example, we're probably looking at Spring 2025 for the first substantial releases that aren't from the starter factions, or single hero releases. For 3rd we got Nurgle, Fyreslayers and Idoneth in Winter 2021/22 with single hero releases, then Nighthaunt got a medium update (2 heroes and a unit) in spring. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Raviv said:

Interestingly there still is a pivate video in the TOW playlist even after the TK trailer so we might actually get a 2024 video for them? Other than that one there is only the second AoS video left

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Mini of the Year results are in and they're not a surprise; disappointing, but not surprising.

Hide contents

3rd) Far Sight

2nd) Angry Ron

3rd) Johnny the Lion King

I dont see how any of those are better than AoS models but i guess its a popularity contest and AoS will never show itself in the top 10.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Mini of the Year results are in and they're not a surprise; disappointing, but not surprising.

Hide contents

3rd) Far Sight

2nd) Angry Ron

3rd) Johnny the Lion King

While a 7:3 split for AoS is about the same as the last few years, not having a single AoS mini in the top 3 is pretty sad. the last time that happened was 2020.

• Like 1

• Subscriber

I think it was always going to be either Angron or the Lion. If there's a primarch, daemon or otherwise, released they tend to win best mini for that year. 

The AoS ones that did honorable mentions are all solid choices in their own way. Harbringer was my fav (I just need to get round to painting him)

1 minute ago, SunStorm said:

I think it was always going to be either Angron or the Lion. If there's a primarch, daemon or otherwise, released they tend to win best mini for that year. 

The AoS ones that did honorable mentions are all solid choices in their own way. Harbringer was my fav (I just need to get round to painting him)

There was no way Johnny and Ron weren't going to be #1 and #2 but I was expecting an AoS model to slide into third place.

But looking at what people were voting for here, I think there were just too many good models that split the vote heavily, which is an excellent 'problem' to have. 

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I dont see how any of those are better than AoS models but i guess its a popularity contest and AoS will never show itself in the top 10.

I got to paint Angron because a friend bought him. He is a cool model deserving top place contention, so I feel that is a fair pick. However, no doubt being a Primarch massively helped his case. Space Marine players just have a stranglehold on 40k.

12 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

But looking at what people were voting for here, I think there were just too many good models that split the vote heavily, which is an excellent 'problem' to have. 

Dann those spoiler candidates! Tahlia Vedra is truly the Ralph Nader of Age of Sigmar (this joke is for boomers only).

• Haha 4

It's just an official contest slash popularity vote. It holds no barring on anything so doesn't really matter if there's ever two categories or not. 

I don't particularly care for Angron as I don't think it's an all that great sculpt but I knew it was going to place. Derp, derp. That last bloodthirster that forgeworld did blew agron out of the park imo in terms of design and execution. 

It's not that deep. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, DeLewko said:

I call ****** on that 3rd place. There is no way a tau with sword is better then any of Aos centerpieces released this year. #rigged 🤪

Farsight is the cool, acceptable face of Tau. Plus by the way he was seemingly sold out everywhere for months, even after his stand alone release, he was very popular. 

20 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

There was no way Johnny and Ron weren't going to be #1 and #2 but I was expecting an AoS model to slide into third place.

I think that's a good point. AoS has has so many amazing sculpts this year, the smaller vote pool will have really been split. 

Here's to another year of strong AoS releases in 2024!

• Like 3