The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, Kronos said:

This is why I've been saying from the get-go that TOW will be an amazing addition to AoS. I can see these as perfect kitbashes for SBGL/NH. I can also see Tzeentch loving the heck of these.

The TOW release just keeps getting better and better.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

This is why I've been saying from the get-go that TOW will be an amazing addition to AoS. I can see these as perfect kitbashes for SBGL/NH. I can also see Tzeentch loving the heck of these.

The TOW release just keeps getting better and better.

I saw a discussion about whether they are more AoS-like in terms of sculpt than WHFB-like. What do we think? IMO there's a clear difference in terms of the sculpt of this minis with something from AoS, but some users think the other way around.

23 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I saw a discussion about whether they are more AoS-like in terms of sculpt than WHFB-like. What do we think? IMO there's a clear difference in terms of the sculpt of this minis with something from AoS, but some users think the other way around.

I am not concerned with that at all. The realms is a big place so there's room for lots of variation. If someone see an opportunity to create an AoS army using TOW units we should applaud and encourage it. The setting of AoS is huge and not entirely defined which makes it exciting. No one has the right to police what is and isn't AoS.

I'm so done with AoS versus TOW/WHFB discussions, in general, since I think it is irrelevant. At worst, the discussion have become very gatekeepy and bitter. Sure, some WHFB fans acted poorly (and some still do) but if the AoS community continues the cycle is on, in the general sense, us. In a lot of ways I'm just tired of "us versus them" thinking that seems to be more and more common. No matter what there's always someone who has to go on a long rant about 40k/marines/LRL/etc. I just don't care anymore. The hobby is supposed to be fun and an expression of our creativity. 

Edit: I think I might have been misinterpreted the question. As for looking more AoS or WHFB I think it will come down how they're modelled/painted. I'll let my original post stand so no one gets confused and people can enjoy my rash reply. :D

Edited by pnkdth
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

They don't look like AoS sculpts to me.I think the bright paint jobs are confusing people. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I see a huge difference in the sculpting. AOS has more defined depth and edging in their models. Tbh I couldn’t tell what that was around the bones at first in the tomb swarm. I had to zoom in. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I agree that they're different from AoS. These sculpts look much better than the outdated WFB sculpts, but still not as good as AoS sculpts by far.

I feel like they're trying to make them match the old models and they end up not looking as good as they could have looked, but still out of place next to the rest of their respective range.

Or it could just be the limitations of resin and the constraints of models having to be ranked up I'm seeing. The scarabs on the herald's scroll for example look IMO quite blocky and poorly defined.

And I really did not know without zooming in what those swarms were supposed to be. Compared to the Emerald Lifeswarm which is much clearer and feels more like a targeted swarm(and almost 6 years old at this point) it's quite a contrast.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

I'm very curious to see that the ogres do not have a place in the Old World. 

"Forces of Fantasy is a 192-page book available in hardback and ePub formats covering five factions: the Dwarfen Mountain Holds, the Empire of Man, the Kingdom of Bretonnia, the Wood Elf Realms, and the High Elf Realms...

Ravening Hordes contains all your Evil factions – it’s a 160-page hardback book or ePub containing similar material for the Orc and Goblin Tribes, the Warriors of Chaos, the Beastmen Brayherds, and the Tomb Kings of Khemri."

I wonder if this means that we will see some new Ogre models and the army is incorporated more fully into Age of Sigmar?

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

I don't think what he is riding is part of the kroot subspecies.

I'm going with a "think it is" as I think the head of the beast is actually turned to it's left so it's hard to make out the kroot-ness in its biology. 

We'll see eventually. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sharkbelly said:

"Forces of Fantasy is a 192-page book available in hardback and ePub formats covering five factions: the Dwarfen Mountain Holds, the Empire of Man, the Kingdom of Bretonnia, the Wood Elf Realms, and the High Elf Realms...

Ravening Hordes contains all your Evil factions – it’s a 160-page hardback book or ePub containing similar material for the Orc and Goblin Tribes, the Warriors of Chaos, the Beastmen Brayherds, and the Tomb Kings of Khemri."

I wonder if this means that we will see some new Ogre models and the army is incorporated more fully into Age of Sigmar?

This was confirmed a time ago. Some armies, like Ogres, are not part of the main roster, but they would have rules if you want to play with them. So basically no new minis or books for them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I'm going with a "think it is" as I think the head of the beast is actually turned to it's right so it's hard to make out the kroot-ness in its biology. 

We'll see eventually. 

Can be easily justified in lore as Pech ecosystem is full of divergent kroot subspecies.

Hoping for the krootox return also.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

The scarabs look like they were sculpted in the late 90s. In that sense, they suit the rest of the old world aesthetic. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

I don't think what he is riding is part of the kroot subspecies. Doesn't have a stumpy tail, quills or an overbite beak. Most likely some exotic Xenos Lizard-dog mount. We have already seen the rumour engine for its tail, its reptilian like a kroxigor and has a bunch of boney protrusions. 

I think we might still get a krootox as we still have the big kroot hand rumour engine and the twinlinked krootgun. But whatever these are, they ain't knarlocs and they ain't kroot.

I would like to think its a new kroot subspecies. GW has done very little with the Kroot that has unlimited options............... of course they have also done little with most stuff in 40k not named Space Marines. So a win either way lol!

And the krootox should still be coming. With the rumors being right so far and they did say something big with big gun. Throw in those rumor engines you mentioned as a pretty good sign our krootox is getting a glow up.

Edited by RyantheFett
  • Like 2

I went from having relatively little interest in TOW to being quite interested after seeing the launch boxes. Could see myself picking up some Tomb Kings. As for how successful the mix between old and new will look, I think I will need to see a lot of pictures of various armies pitted against each other.

8 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/12/26/warhammer-the-old-world-the-tomb-kings-of-khemri-revealed/

……….BY LOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGG LOOOOOOOSSSSST NNNNNNNNEEEEEHHHHHHEKHARA WE ARE BAAAAACCCCKKKK!!!! Oh dear god the wait was worth it! Not only do we get the return of the Imperishable one, we also get his right hand man, a new generic herald, and the Tomb Swarms. Come on GW! Reveal to us the preorder date!!!!!

So happy for you mate!!

3 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

With Ogors, Beasts and Skaven being the last major holdovers from WHFB Im fairly certain that this Edition Ogors will be updated.

Chameleon Skins were updated in Warcry then we got Seraphon. What did we just get in Warcry? Gorgers.

Gitz, Sons and Orruk Warclans all recently were updated in one form or another in this Edition or the last.

Destructions next big update HAS to be Ogors as the others are all updated unless they begin their second waves.

Ogors have had 2 miniatures in the entirety of AOS until the Gorgers.

4.0 will be the time of the update for Ogors I can feel it!!

• Like 16

23 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Destructions next big update HAS to be Ogors as the others are all updated unless they begin their second waves.

Ogors have had 2 miniatures in the entirety of AOS until the Gorgers.

4.0 will be the time of the update for Ogors I can feel it!!

Gorger Mawpacks can just be battleline and then we don't need anything new.  Except something like Gnoblar spy balloons.  They can fly, help us hit better, and drop sharp stuff on people.

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Magnusaur said:

I went from having relatively little interest in TOW to being quite interested after seeing the launch boxes. Could see myself picking up some Tomb Kings. As for how successful the mix between old and new will look, I think I will need to see a lot of pictures of various armies pitted against each other.

as city of sigmar player with a mix of aos and fantasy models i can say that i dont have any problem with the mix

• Confused 1

Very torn at the moment on starting Ogors or holding off to see what they get for updates. 

After seeing the excellent work by the AoS team over the last few years, I have high expectations. 

Although it’s still Chaos Dwarfs that have me the most intrigued. Are they going to be something like the Forgeworld stuff, or something out of left field? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Souleater said:

Very torn at the moment on starting Ogors or holding off to see what they get for updates. 

After seeing the excellent work by the AoS team over the last few years, I have high expectations. 

Although it’s still Chaos Dwarfs that have me the most intrigued. Are they going to be something like the Forgeworld stuff, or something out of left field? 

Imo something completely new for AoS. We had one duardin in one of the S2D warbands, maybe it was a test, like many other Warcry/ Underworlds minis.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

TOW is focusing on the literal Old World of Not!Europe initially, whereas the Ogre Kingdoms are off to the East.

If I had to guess, Ogre Kingdoms will get the spotlight whenever the focus shifts to there and Cathay. Hopefully alongside Chaos Dwarfs.

Ironically Ogres (alongside Dark Elves) are one of the most complete Fantasy ranges right now, with only the new Tyrant and Gorgers not being a leftover. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3