The Rumour Thread

But did they promise to release every single metal mini they have ever produced even when it was phased out of production during the existence of WHFB? Because that is the case of wood elf treeman.  Of course they did not. They need to bring back some metal models because without them armies won’t be really playable. What is Bretonnia without questing or grail knights, trebuchet or battle pilgrims? 

11 minutes ago, YoghurtKobold said:

But did they promise to release every single metal mini they have ever produced even when it was phased out of production during the existence of WHFB? Because that is the case of wood elf treeman.  Of course they did not. They need to bring back some metal models because without them armies won’t be really playable. What is Bretonnia without questing or grail knights, trebuchet or battle pilgrims? 

Trebuchet and I think questing/ grail knights would be released, imo on forge resin, as part of the main range. So not all metal minis would fall into the same category.

Edited by Ejecutor

1 hour ago, YoghurtKobold said:

But releasing a mini costs money. Plus it takes production and storage space. I seriously doubt that many people will buy old metal model when there is a newer official plastic one available en masse. And GW must be aware of that. So rereleasing metal treeman can not be a sound business decision. In other words I do not trust those released images that they really show us what is coming back.

You are assuming that all the models are gonna be permanent at the store, at as we know only Tomb Kings and Bretonnia are going to get their stuff at the store at launch. We didn't know if when Greenskins and Empire go out a few old kits of Bretonnia and Tomb Kings would rotate as these happens with LotR old kits.

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

GW seems to have pretty hard delivery problems lately. I am still waiting for the boxes that were supposed to arrive on the 16th, and even worst, I am waiting more than a month for a box from their online catalog.

I think this is what happened to mine. I asked for it shipped to my home, and probably should have picked it up.

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Trebuchet and I think questing/ grail knights would be released, imo on forge resin, as part of the main range. So not all metal minis would fall into the same category.

Only the Trebuchet. Rest of old metal minis will stay metal.

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

GW seems to have pretty hard delivery problems lately. I am still waiting for the boxes that were supposed to arrive on the 16th, and even worst, I am waiting more than a month for a box from their online catalog.

It's really infuriating with these delays, they still don't have the Flesh Eater box at my local place and I could've been already playing!

27 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I think this is what happened to mine. I asked for it shipped to my home, and probably should have picked it up.

Yeah, it‘s damn shame they started to have many online exclusives… high prices and long waits is a lame combo! Strangely I got a lot of what the heck reactions here last time I lamented this. I‘m sorry for all those that wanted their christmas gobbo, that‘s a total fail on GW‘s part and I‘m tired of not calling it what it is. 

Also I hate that I still have no Nurgle harbinger. I‘d never keep him obviously but I wanted to paint him up and give him to a good mate (he doesn‘t invest much time in painting and wanted me to paint something for him for ages…). Ebay is the solution I guess - but it feels strange that a new, amazing mini doesn‘t get produced in satisfying quantities and a timely manner.

Edited by MitGas
Grammar
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Yeah, it‘s damn shame they started to have many online exclusives… high prices and long waits is a lame combo! Strangely I got a lot of what the heck reactions here last time I lamented this. I‘m sorry for all those that wanted their christmas gobbo, that‘s a total fail on GW‘s part and I‘m tired of not calling it what it is. 

Also I hate that I still have no Nurgle harbinger. I‘d never keep him obviously but I wanted to paint him up and give him to a good mate (he doesn‘t invest much time in painting and wanted me to paint something for him for ages…). Ebay is the solution I guess - but it feels strange that a new, amazing mini doesn‘t get produced in satisfying quantities and a timely manner.

To be fair, I would not have had time to paint it in time anyway and they are for me, not for a gift. It was just an observation.

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

To be fair, I would not have had time to paint it in time anyway and they are for me, not for a gift. It was just an observation.

It still sucks though… you might not be in a hurry but I bet many are, it‘s a great little gift and this was obviously timed to be out before christmas. Sure, it‘s no real tragedy but it was entirely doable. Failure needs to be punished! 🥰

13 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

I’m going with Darkoath because they have quite a bit of variety with those fur boots and it feels rather stubby to me.

image.jpeg.98ec6c2acbde340e2be86dfbd936073c.jpeg

Chaos uses stirrups on their mounts while Sylvaneth and Wood Elves avoid them to maintain this "close to nature" theme (this RE looks more like a rider to me):
image.png.bf3c9fec1010b45fab5b1873d9614677.png

Edited by Sarges
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

That is, indeed, a foot.

84kLzgMw83Cqj8pg.jpg

Literaly Santa's boot!

On the Twenty First day of Christmas, GW previewed me:
Twenty 0ne Kurnothi Darkoath
Twenty Vigilors Vibing

Nineteen Lab Rat's Labs 

Eighteen Monstrous French Kisses 
Seventeen Kurnoth Kicking
Sixteen 'Chemists' 'Cooking'
Fifteen Vampirate Banners
Fourteen Bolters Bolting
Thirteen Holy Hand-grenades 
Twelve Krule Kudgels 
Eleven Astartes Scabbards 

Ten Ossiarch Boneclaws
Nine Nighthaunt Vaping
Eight Servo Calculators
Seven Grotbags Scuttling
Six Sickly Casters
FIVE KURNOTH ANTLERS
Four Fuzzy Cloaks
Three finecast miners
Two undead helmsmen and
A parrot on a Vampire

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Sarges said:

Chaos uses stirrups on their mounts while Sylvaneth and Wood Elves avoid them to maintain this "close to nature" theme (this RE looks more like a rider to me):

I mean good shout but I don’t know if that’s a riding pose. First thought was just slightly upraised leg with the scenery cropped out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baron Klatz said:

I mean good shout but I don’t know if that’s a riding pose. First thought was just slightly upraised leg with the scenery cropped out.

Even if it's not, I'd still argue that this boot is better made and much more elegant compared to the Darkoath ones.

• Like 2