The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Adventurers from the Mortal Realms through the Nurgle's garden.

You read it here first. 👀

That would be brilliant. Would perfectly fit a modular board format, lovely place for new and/or one off Nurgle models.  Could mix heroes / antagonists from 40K, AOS and TOW.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Cursed City Sold Out by problems with the external provider. Cursed City was not a succesful product for GW

In fact it is still super easy to find, if anyone is interested. I think it is a super nice product, but it doesn't have a good opinion over the community.

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

I always struggle with the fact that people struggle with the setting of AoS. It's basically Norse mythology with mostly less confusing realms. The gods are active and flawed in much the way the likes of Thor and co  are. Are realm gates so much more confusing than the bifrost? 

Diablo may as well be set in the realm of death. There are lots of other examples of settings similar to AoS.

As for weird stuff in the setting we have most of it right here on earth. 

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2116536-molten-iron-river-discovered-speeding-beneath-russia-and-canada/

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2017/10/13/hollow-tree-fire-california-orig-trnd-lab.cnn

my feeling is that the difficulty comes from the fact that the concept of the Mortal Realms is (purposedly) stretched so far as to embrace everything. So, it's hard to grasp not because any given part is not also present in other mythologies/universes, but because it's all of these things at once. The realms are supposedly extremely different from our reality but we also have plenty of scenes of perfectly mundane "classic middle-age-ish fantasy".

This is of course because it's supposed to be a sandbox, and one that needs to be future-proofed for future releases. In this sense it often reminds me of settings for miniature agnostic games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Cursed City Sold Out by problems with the external provider. Cursed City was not a succesful product for GW

Yeah i know about the production issues and the weird add-ons(edit: no extra models). I thought it still sold well and the made to order run also did well. Could just be my perception because i know a few people who bought Cursed City.

Edited by Gitzdee

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

It depends how you define successful. Any company will choose a product selling too well over one not selling well enough. It was a PR headache and certainly an example of gw misjudging demand but I'm quite sure it was a financial success. 

It's been three years since cursed city. I could definitely see them doing another one. A Skaven attack under one of the newly founded Dawnbringer cities would be a great setting. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Why would the next Warhammer Quest not be 40k again? Blackstone Fortress sold well as far as I remember and after the Cursed City problems GW might want to wait a bit longer bevor they do another AoS one. Also it would make sense to alternate between the two settings.

Easy answer:

AoS offers a wider range of options.

40K is kind of either Necromunda territory or another Black Stone Fortress (in theory it could be anything including exploring several Xeno-Ruins, Planets etc. but we all know 40K is't that creative.)

• Confused 5

14 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Easy answer:

AoS offers a wider range of options.

40K is kind of either Necromunda territory or another Black Stone Fortress (in theory it could be anything including exploring several Xeno-Ruins, Planets etc. but we all know 40K is't that creative.)

I'd say that options are more or less equal. Crone worlds, abandoned craftworlds, chaos ruins. Imagine a warhammer quest set in Trazyn's galleries.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 hour ago, Matrindur said:

Why would the next Warhammer Quest not be 40k again? Blackstone Fortress sold well as far as I remember and after the Cursed City problems GW might want to wait a bit longer bevor they do another AoS one. Also it would make sense to alternate between the two settings.

The rumour I read was that GW based the cursed city production run off Blackstone Fortress. They made as many copies of Cursed City as Blackstone Fortress sold across its entire lifespan and they sold out in a day. With the made to order run and then the reprint it's safe to say that Cursed City has sold considerably more copies than Blackstone Fortress. 

If GW can make another product with a similar quality of minis to Cursed City and improved rules it could do wonders for the popularity of AoS, especially if they have a good support plan from the start this time. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

DIVPxulc3TAyk7Iy.jpg

On the Twentieth day of Christmas, GW previewed me:
Twenty Vigilors Vibing  
Nineteen Lab Rat's Labs 

Eighteen Monstrous French Kisses 
Seventeen Kurnoth Kicking
Sixteen 'Chemists' 'Cooking'
Fifteen Vampirate Banners
Fourteen Bolters Bolting
Thirteen Holy Hand-grenades 
Twelve Krule Kudgels 
Eleven Astartes Scabbards 

Ten Ossiarch Boneclaws
Nine Nighthaunt Vaping
Eight Servo Calculators
Seven Grotbags Scuttling
Six Sickly Casters
FIVE KURNOTH ANTLERS
Four Fuzzy Cloaks
Three finecast miners
Two undead helmsmen and
A parrot on a Vampire

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah. It is a vigilors sword. It has even the gloves and the armour. Interesting to see what this could be.

image.png.541c54fad7e3501091f1cad8c592a0bc.png

Yeah the fact that it's an exact copy is interesting, kinda limits what it could be for. I'd say sidegame, but SC already have gotten both Underworlds and Warcry bands this year. Warhammer Quest?

• Like 4