The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Gloomspite lore constantly brings up how they worship Mork and how the Bad Moon is tied to Gorkamorka. And the Sons of Behemat all respect Gorkamorka because he was the Big Heel (boss) of Behemat. There are even Beastsmasher Mega-Gargants driven so crazy by the Waaagh! energy that they believe themselves to be Gork and/or Mork. 

Yeah, the factions/people in AoS need to label themselves just as much as gen z. The biggest fear of all inhabitants in the Mortal Realms aren‘t foul monsters but not very clearly belonging to the same god as everyone else in their alliance and doing their own thing. It‘s like high-school!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

47 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Yeah, the factions/people in AoS need to label themselves just as much as gen z. The biggest fear of all inhabitants in the Mortal Realms aren‘t foul monsters but not very clearly belonging to the same god as everyone else in their alliance and doing their own thing. It‘s like high-school!

Nah fam Gorkamorka got rizz we bussin on Sigma no cap fr fr Chaos hella suss.

yCxOMqI.jpg

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Haha 11

10 hours ago, flying_dutchman said:

Doesn't destruction have to worship gorkamorka.  And I rather of seen skaven go to destruction than chaos.  Over chaos dwarves

Yeah, basically every Destruction faction is apart of Gorkamorka’s body. Ironjawz his fist, Kruleboyz his grasping hand, Ogors his mouth, Sons of Behemat his feet, etc.

And they can’t stand chaos corruption such as when the Ogroids/Goroa turned from Gorkamorka to Chaos to get more power to avenge their lost empire which made Destruction as a whole, from Orruk to Grot, hunt them down.

We know Hashut is a chaos entity that humans turned to in the Age of Chaos to help survive, making the Horns of Hashut cultists, so that’s a big no-go on Chuardin being anything but Chaos GA.

5 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

The new Ogor lore is moving to the Gulping God since last months. We can say that it is not that Gorkamorka-centric than before

Gulping God & Sun Eater are both Gorkamorka.

Interestingly the last battletome actually became anti-Maw. It got added to the myths that caused the Everwinter curse by outcast pagan Ogors daring to worship something so hungry that wasn’t attributed to Gorkamorka’s mighty gob and so he breathed a deep sigh of disapproval that followed them in shame becoming the Everwinter.

Seems tantamount to Sigmarite pagans worshipping Ghal Maraz over Sigmar like he’s nothing without it.

(also I love how the growing myths just show Destruction has to record it’s history through story-tellers & word of mouth. The other 3 GA’s have all these new heroes with scrolls & books keeping records so you actually get some accurate history but Destruction has to rely on stuff like these guys to keep centuries of stories straight:

s-l1200.webp

)

On the subject of what could come for CoS next edition, I’m hopeful for a small update for Hammerhal Ghyra rangers since the main army units are from Aqshy(thus the red colorings, cover art having fire swords and Dappled Efreet leg-fish running underfoot on the fusiliers bases which are common Aqshy vermin).

Hopes are the:

Marshall Iscilla Thorian(Ghyran crusade leader) getting a model showing her off as a sword & shield Marshall tapping into the Realm of Life’s power(plants bursting up around her for a tactical rock)

Druid mage hero-

E068h3xX0AEuyx_.png

Maybe a unit of ironwood armored infantry for new Ghyran heavy units(wouldn’t be too far from the rest as all those wood shields the Castellites use are made from Ironwood, so these guys are just draped in shields on their bodies)

And Beetle cavalry for the new monstrous cavalry units.

They appeared twice now both in the AoS3 Core Book and in a CoS battletome story of saving the day against a Kruleboyz ambush so seems some build-up for armored beetles to go with the moving fortresses of the Freeguilds.🪲 

“Not every insect carries the foul touch of the Plague God upon its body, however. Not only do bugs and grubs provide [Hammerhal Ghyra's] main source of food, but larger species of insect native to Verdia are harnessed as beasts of burden or even war-mounts – the famed Shellriders of the 68th Veldtguard have employed rockcrusher scarabs to great effect in their massed cavalry charges. Docile and pliant andronicus beetles are more common than carthorses in the city's farming strata, and have the added benefit of a powerful pair of glittering wings. Indeed, beetle-flight is one of the few ways for one to reach the docks of the floating drift-isles and the highest levels of the city.”

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

I hope AoS 4 will encourage mixing forces more. I really love mixing super-elites with normal dudes/gals but that‘s perhaps just me but it instantly sets up a cool narrative. Like when space marines come to save the day and guardsmen see them. It‘s a wonderful visual to me.

For all the issues it raises in terms of balancing, combos, interactions and so on, I agree. I hope v4 brings us two (actively supported) gaming modes, with a Casual Battlepack and a Tournament Battlepack, so that the first is allowed more freedom and the second remains as a more controlled and tested environment.

Of course I can read the writing on the wall: we're likely to go in the opposite direction, wouldn't be surprising to see Allies disappear for good.

Edited by Marcvs
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Luperci said:

Thorian getting a model is a good shout if she does actually survive until the end of the series

Yep, she’s my biggest investment right now with the campaign. 😄

She’s cool, likable, good tactician mind to use the Realmscapes against the enemy and a proper badass even going up against a Ogor in a duel.

So of course I’m wary it’s bait to hit me harder when her “rise in position” is because of the pole under her head if things go south for the Life Realm crusade. xD 
01-01.jpg?fm=webp&w=670

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

For all the issues it raises in terms of balancing, combos, interactions and so on, I agree. I hope v4 brings us two (actively supported) gaming modes, with a Casual Battlepack and a Tournament Battlepack, so that the first is allowed more freedom and the second remains as a more controlled and tested environment.

Of course I can read the writing on the wall: we're likely to go in the opposite direction, wouldn't be surprising to see Allies disappear for good.

Yeah, unfortunately you‘ll be proven right I fear. It would be cool though… that and heroes/creatures becoming less of instruments of their respective leaders would be my wishes for 4, as it would open up the setting narratively much more. While we‘re more than welcome to create our own force’s backgrounds, I feel the scale is too grand at times. I‘ll be frank, I don‘t care about Teclis, Sigmar, Archaon or even Nagash too much, I want my Starscreams, I want drama and characters doing their own thing. I like the hands-off approach of the big 4 much more than the gods actively being part of the setting most of the time as what are you gonna do if your God is right behind you? You‘ve got little room to stray from their path… I know, the books are getting better and better in this regard and fleshing out the world snd characters but I still feel like a lot of the basic lore we get in battletomes and the like makes it all about the few „super-characters“ and grand machinations. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

I‘d like that but I fear it‘s going to be Stormcast. I‘d love to see a mixed force of SCE with new Cities units fighting Skaven, Beastmen or Malerion, actually, maybe defending their city or something as the story. That‘s even more unrealistic as it would feature 3 instead of 2 forces but it would be a sexy set and then GW wouldn‘t have to do multiple kits for the same Stormcast updates (pushfits for the starter set and then whole new multipart kits for the actual release)… I‘m actually interested how the older SCE units get redesigned now though. I like pretty much all iterations but the newer stuff is cooler.

I hope AoS 4 will encourage mixing forces more. I really love mixing super-elites with normal dudes/gals but that‘s perhaps just me but it instantly sets up a cool narrative. Like when space marines come to save the day and guardsmen see them. It‘s a wonderful visual to me.

Malerion for Daughters of Khaine, maybe

• Like 2

I think it is pretty certain at this point that AoS will launch with Stormcast V Skaven. With a Realm focus of either Ulgu or Chamon.

Whilst I don't think that the AoS Design studio will go in this direction, I would like to see a different approach to Warscrolls and multi-purpose kits in AoS 4th Edition.

Take the Dracothian for example. Having a single kit with 4 different build options, 4 different WARHAMMER store listings, 4 different names (Concussors, Desolators, Fulminators and Tempestors) and 4 different Warscrolls. It just comes across as needless bloat to me. I would much rather see a single unit named Dracothian Guard, with a single Warscroll containing multiple Wargear options. It's the same regarding (Decimators, Protectors and Retributors) or several other kits.

I appreciate that it was done this way as an attempt to streamline things, "I have this unit equipped with this, it costs x points and I use this Warscroll" - done. I just think that the Stormcast could use some consolidation as well as meaningful expansion. 

As for Cities, I would love to see a total of 9 new kits for them in AoS 4.

There are currently 2 Duradin infantry kits that can be used to build (Irondrakes/Ironbreakers) and (Longbeards/Hammerers) a single Warmachine kit that can be used to build (Gyrocopter/Gyrobomber) and 2 Character kits (Runelord/WardenKing) which is a total of 5 kits. 

If it were up to me. All of these kits would be removed from the CoS faction line (and ported back to the ToW) and new dual-build Duardin Infantry, Character and Warmachine kits released in the new CoS aesthetic. 

That same "Infantry, Character and Warmachine" kit release would replace the Dark Elf kits (some of which would be ported over to a new Children of Khaine Battletome combining DoK + Umbraneth) and would be Elven kits in the new CoS aesthetic.

and finally an "Infantry, Character and Warmachine" release for the human side of Cities. (Flagellants, War-priest, Cog-Fort

With 9 kits it would remove all the Fantasy kits, but still keep Duaradin and Elves as part of the multi-racial CoS aesthetic. 

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Yeah, basically every Destruction faction is apart of Gorkamorka’s body. Ironjawz his fist, Kruleboyz his grasping hand, Ogors his mouth, Sons of Behemat his feet, etc.

And they can’t stand chaos corruption such as when the Ogroids/Goroa turned from Gorkamorka to Chaos to get more power to avenge their lost empire which made Destruction as a whole, from Orruk to Grot, hunt them down.

We know Hashut is a chaos entity that humans turned to in the Age of Chaos to help survive, making the Horns of Hashut cultists, so that’s a big no-go on Chuardin being anything but Chaos GA.

Gulping God & Sun Eater are both Gorkamorka.

Interestingly the last battletome actually became anti-Maw. It got added to the myths that caused the Everwinter curse by outcast pagan Ogors daring to worship something so hungry that wasn’t attributed to Gorkamorka’s mighty gob and so he breathed a deep sigh of disapproval that followed them in shame becoming the Everwinter.

Seems tantamount to Sigmarite pagans worshipping Ghal Maraz over Sigmar like he’s nothing without it.

(also I love how the growing myths just show Destruction has to record it’s history through story-tellers & word of mouth. The other 3 GA’s have all these new heroes with scrolls & books keeping records so you actually get some accurate history but Destruction has to rely on stuff like these guys to keep centuries of stories straight:

s-l1200.webp

)

On the subject of what could come for CoS next edition, I’m hopeful for a small update for Hammerhal Ghyra rangers since the main army units are from Aqshy(thus the red colorings, cover art having fire swords and Dappled Efreet leg-fish running underfoot on the fusiliers bases which are common Aqshy vermin).

Hopes are the:

Marshall Iscilla Thorian(Ghyran crusade leader) getting a model showing her off as a sword & shield Marshall tapping into the Realm of Life’s power(plants bursting up around her for a tactical rock)

Druid mage hero-

E068h3xX0AEuyx_.png

Maybe a unit of ironwood armored infantry for new Ghyran heavy units(wouldn’t be too far from the rest as all those wood shields the Castellites use are made from Ironwood, so these guys are just draped in shields on their bodies)

And Beetle cavalry for the new monstrous cavalry units.

They appeared twice now both in the AoS3 Core Book and in a CoS battletome story of saving the day against a Kruleboyz ambush so seems some build-up for armored beetles to go with the moving fortresses of the Freeguilds.🪲 

“Not every insect carries the foul touch of the Plague God upon its body, however. Not only do bugs and grubs provide [Hammerhal Ghyra's] main source of food, but larger species of insect native to Verdia are harnessed as beasts of burden or even war-mounts – the famed Shellriders of the 68th Veldtguard have employed rockcrusher scarabs to great effect in their massed cavalry charges. Docile and pliant andronicus beetles are more common than carthorses in the city's farming strata, and have the added benefit of a powerful pair of glittering wings. Indeed, beetle-flight is one of the few ways for one to reach the docks of the floating drift-isles and the highest levels of the city.”

For the new Ogor lore I recommend you the last Warcry booklet and the Dawnbringers 3.

8 hours ago, Vagard said:

On the Fourteenth day of Christmas, GW previewed me:
Fourteen Bolters Bolting
Thirteen Holy Hand-grenades 
Twelve Krule Kudgels 
Eleven Astartes Scabbards 

Ten Ossiarch Boneclaws
Nine Nighthaunt Vaping
Eight Servo Calculators
Seven Grotbags Scuttling
Six Sickly Casters
FIVE KURNOTH ANTLERS
Four Fuzzy Cloaks
Three finecast miners
Two undead helmsmen and
A parrot on a Vampire

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

For the new Ogor lore I recommend you the last Warcry booklet and the Dawnbringers 3.

Alrighty then.

opening the Gorger section in my hands right now:

IMG_1937.jpg?ex=658dc1fa&is=657b4cfa&hm=

Looking at the ritual and it says it’s taking place in Behemat’s stomach remains because he was Gorkamorka’s/Gulping God’s most legendary servant.

IMG_1938.jpg?ex=658dc1fa&is=657b4cfa&hm=

Not sure what you were going for there my dude. Even the Warcry Gorger stuff and earlier stuff of Butchers throwing meat into the tree maws that open up on the trunks and in the ground of the Gnarlwoods was in honor to Gorkamorka. He’s a hungry god, anything maw related now is just his maw/jaws/gullet.

Edited by Baron Klatz

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Whatch out guys!

image.png.40f799eef5e2560f427da433daf604a2.png

Beautiful art, I do hope the launch is successful and it's actually well supported. The horus heresy 2.0 releases have been a slow trickle for a long while now and I'd hate to see that happen again 

Edited by Luperci
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

Wish the back was better cant tell what is what. What units are coming in there?

I see 1 infantry, 2 cav, and 2 chariot........... but that does not seem right???

Dragon 

Tomb king

40 spearmen

32 archers

16 light/heavy cavalry

3 chariots

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Hahaha! Man people complain about the infantry but the skeleton cavaliers look like Lego skeletons. 🤣

They are so bad that even five years ago I opted to put them all on Nighthaunt horses instead of building them straight. 

20231214_2055592.jpg.1fe29a11972f390948f21ee817b731df.jpg

And five years ago I still thought Reaper Bones stuff looked pretty good.

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 3