The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, michu said:

There was no Advent Rumour Engine last year, so I don't expect it this year

This aged beautifully, like old milk left in the summer sun for 3 weeks :D 

I hope for 2024 there's a full skaven refresh and chaos dwarfs. We can but hope.

• Haha 1

Oh man some good guesses so far, only thing I'm thinking is:

Carrion - too pristine

Tzeentch - no gradient and looks to be a more natural pattern painted on it

DoK harpy - already have a flying unit

Some other ideas to throw in:

Seraphon - lots of the new sculpts have feathers, perhaps a skink riding winged serpent that was mentioned I think in the BoC tome?

BoC - maybe we'll get a winged shaman like the old Malagor model.

Kurnothi - some kind of animal companion or beastial elf?

• Like 3

Looks very AoS'y, unless the new Kroot (re)sculpts are going really crazy on the feathers department.

Last time we had an advent calendar, in 2021, it was all focused on one specific box (Eldritch Omens). I wonder if we're getting the same for an AoS box this time, or if it'll be just a general pick'n'mix of rumour images.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

And in the end, the wing ends up being for a 40k mini, like new Dark Eldar scourges...

The feathers don't look very detailed, I guess it's not from a big model.

hopefully not, the current plastic scourges are really good. Swooping hawks though maybe?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Looks very AoS'y, unless the new Kroot (re)sculpts are going really crazy on the feathers department.

Last time we had an advent calendar, in 2021, it was all focused on one specific box (Eldritch Omens). I wonder if we're getting the same for an AoS box this time, or if it'll be just a general pick'n'mix of rumour images.

That's pretty interesting! Maybe it is focused on TOW or 4ed box? It could fit some guesses about prosecutors. Let see once we have more pics to get an overall idea.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Don't really follow 40k rumours, but new baharroth is apparently teased by Valrak.

Screenshot_20231201-182522_Samsung Internet.jpg

Throwing doubt on this because out of the 4 new kill team units each season, 2 this season are already confirmed to be eldar (striking scorpions and the night lords leak stated they'd be with drukhari mandrakes). The remaining finecast aspects in plastic are an inevitability at this point though.

27 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Thinking about the advent calendar... what are the chances of it not being mainly 40k? I would love that it is all or mainly AoS, but realistically thinking... 40k didn't get much love recently, and it is their main game. So makes sense for it to be 40k focused, right?

I could see it going either way really, it depends whether the whole advent calendar is for one release or not I think, if it is then it's probably 40k because we haven't had the FeC main wave released yet and 40k only has a smaller dark angels release on their schedule