The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

If these aren't Crypt Ghouls then I don't know what is:New-Flesh-Eater-Courts-models.png.c8411f725746311f979f2cb1e2233623.png

Obviously they are most noble knights on foot, hailing from the finest stock in all the mortal realms to vanquish injustice and evil, you peasant! I dunno what's wrong with your eyes but you should let them get checked ASAP!

42 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

well, and if you have any terrain on the board? which is why terrain was the example pic for wheeling--this costs movement (** The distance the unit wheels is deducted from its charge range.). i don't think GW is able to get rid of the awkwardness of ranknfile movement. i remember having to house-rule wheeling and turning not costing movement to keep games from stagnating.

image.jpeg.4f07864e6d0d08e2fb37466d94c26fc9.jpeg

Wheeling and turning 90 or 180 degrees on the spot are very different. 

I've never had much of an issue with wheeling and terrain. It's the players who set the board up and place their units so unless you deploy directly behind some terrain you shouldn't have to wheel that much. 

Plus the new marching column should help with unit that find themselves out of position and we don't know how new terrain rules works. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I've never had much of an issue with wheeling and terrain. It's the players who set the board up and place their units so unless you deploy directly behind some terrain you shouldn't have to wheel that much. 

Plus the new marching column should help with unit that find themselves out of position and we don't know how new terrain rules works. 

I'm already seeing use for the marching formation to create refused flanks too. Deployment will be super important as it always were in WHFB and, like you say, it will also help in re-positioning and with faking out your opponent.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

It was always going be a rank and file game in the spirit of WHFB. I'm surprised to see people were expecting otherwise. 

For those who still prefer AoS, well, TOW is going to be a gold mine for kitbashes and creating new themed armies.

And it's going to hopefully let AoS expand on its own more. They can rework outdated kits in AoS now (like Ardboyz), have a more low-key (and in my personal opinion, boring) setting/aesthetics for people who prefer that and don't have to hold back with the wackiness in AoS, and they can actually develop AoS-characters in AoS instead of continually bringing back characters from the world that was.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

24 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

It was always going be a rank and file game in the spirit of WHFB. I'm surprised to see people were expecting otherwise. 

For those who still prefer AoS, well, TOW is going to be a gold mine for kitbashes and creating new themed armies.

And to make myself clear on this, I'm not criticising anything. Personally, I lost interest when they mentioned the square bases, but it's simply a game for a different audience. And then, on top of that, I think more and more that the game itself doesn't even need to be that successful. As long as the plastic sells. I seriously doubt Underwolds as a game is all that massive, but man, do those warbands fly.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Snarff said:

And it's going to hopefully let AoS expand on its own more. They can rework outdated kits in AoS now (like Ardboyz), have a more low-key (and in my personal opinion, boring) setting/aesthetics for people who prefer that and don't have to hold back with the wackiness in AoS, and they can actually develop AoS-characters in AoS instead of continually bringing back characters from the world that was.

Spot on. More options and the variety is the spice of life. For some models in AoS I've restrained some design with various kitbashes while enhancing others. Putting your own stamp on things is a big part of the hobby for me.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

not saying they are the same, but they do both use movement up. yes, players set up the board but it then feels like you're making terrain decisions based on ease-of-play rather than anything else.

maybe the marching column will solve most of the movement issue(s) WHF had, i'm just reminded of explicit memories where we decided against putting any terrain on boards because it was simply easier not to deal with it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

And to make myself clear on this, I'm not criticising anything. Personally, I lost interest when they mentioned the square bases, but it's simply a game for a different audience. And then, on top of that, I think more and more that the game itself doesn't even need to be that successful. As long as the plastic sells. I seriously doubt Underwolds as a game is all that massive, but man, do those warbands fly.

Is this a case of the plastic selling? Wouldn't be a case of Forge world selling their resin?

Ofc the new web stores merge would help, but plastic should be a minor part of TOW, right? Or at least thinking in terms of new sculpts.

17 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Is this a case of the plastic selling? Wouldn't be a case of Forge world selling their resin?

Ofc the new web stores merge would help, but plastic should be a minor part of TOW, right? Or at least thinking in terms of new sculpts.

I meant it as a blanket term for miniatures.

Given how Forge World has been rolled into the general umbrella, would it mean any finecast kits from WHFB coming back for TOW will be made using FW resin?

The more I see of TOW, the more I won't partake in it. That's mostly due to it coming across as more nostalgia than anything else. Love the setting, just...I'm not as young as I was and there's other game systems that can be had (like AoS, for one!) If certain models come back, I'll snap them up more for kitbashing and for putting the 'your dudes' back into the hobby.

It'll be interesting to see how the extra skus add to keeping things in stock.

Edited to add in the forbidden word 'finecast'

Edited by Taerg Ad Ywons
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Taerg Ad Ywons said:

Given how Forge World has been rolled into the general umbrella, would it mean any finecast kits from WHFB coming back for TOW will be made using FW resin?

The more I see of TOW, the more I won't partake in it. That's mostly due to it coming across as more nostalgia than anything else. Love the setting, just...I'm not as young as I was and there's other game systems that can be had (like AoS, for one!) If certain models come back, I'll snap them up more for kitbashing and for putting the 'your dudes' back into the hobby.

I'm pretty sure that all gw resin kits are now made with the same resin as Forgeworld stuff. This will definitely be true for TOW as it's being made by the same team who do Horus Heresy. 

5 minutes ago, Someravella said:

https://www.aosrealmsofruin.com/news/realms-ruin-launch-celebration

New Heroes (not factions) for the next DLC. I think that all the Kruleboyz rooster is in the game. It would be unfair that they add heroes for all the factions but KB.

KB wave 2 confirmed.

All heroes on Sludgeraker or Corpse-rippa Vulchas are still not in the game. Pretty sure that they are DLC1 and 2

24 minutes ago, Beliman said:

All heroes on Sludgeraker or Corpse-rippa Vulchas are still not in the game. Pretty sure that they are DLC1 and 2

I forgot the vulcha, but I really thought that the Sludgeraker was already there.

Now I am impressed they did the KB faction with only a part of their not so large rooster. 🤣

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Taerg Ad Ywons said:

I think it is confirmed that indeed anything old recasted would use the forgeworld resin.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think it is confirmed that indeed anything old recasted would use the forgeworld resin.

I think they also said there would be some metal kits too! Its quite strange going to back to my old WHFB dwarf army and feeling the weight! Hoping to pick up a few of the old Longbeards if they bring them back...

3 hours ago, Someravella said:

https://www.aosrealmsofruin.com/news/realms-ruin-launch-celebration

New Heroes (not factions) for the next DLC. I think that all the Kruleboyz rooster is in the game. It would be unfair that they add heroes for all the factions but KB.

KB wave 2 confirmed.

Unfortunate (yet understandable) that it's going to be heroes. The game looks awesome, and I'll definitely spend some time on it, but there's just no factions that really interest me there. The four factions picked are understandable and awesome nonetheless, but I was hoping to see some more in future DLC. FS or KO, IDK, Ironjawz, etc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Talking about Realms of Ruins, could this Azyrhein mage, that seems to be quite prominent in the game, the first character from an AoS game that gets a miniature at some point? Maybe if the game is a bit successful?

With how long the turnaround on minis is, I doubt they'll let it depend on whether the game is succesful or not. It'd be weird to release a mini for a game +-2 years after its releaase (unless they release it alongside a DLC or something but it remains to be seen how long the game will be supported).

• Like 1