The Rumour Thread

So some people more inquisitive than I did some snooping and it appears the webstore is down because there's going to be a new webstore.

Forge World and the GW webstores are being merged. Not very relevant to AoS anymore, but might be of note with The Old World releasing more resin kits (or if some of the ported AoS stuff returns).

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Appart of the Kroots, is it common to have crossbows? My head links crossbows to AoS straight.

So far in what I saw about them they were always carrying guns, but maybe...

Aesthetics whise seems more modern than the Wildercorps ones:

image.png.e701b0ce60c36e1836f89d749313686a.png image.png.9a46c5ac8d23884df81ff04fa305fe17.png

The Adeptus Sororitas have their whole witch hunter shtick, so they've had anti-psyker crossbows in the past, I can't remember if they have any in their modern range, but it's possible this RE is part of whatever the sisters of battle are getting in their 10th Ed codex.

11 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Is there a preview today?

Nope. I think they just wanted to do a tease because it's Halloween. Kind of like how they teased Votann/Squats on April Fools. Iirc the next preview is slated for mid-November?

Maybe we'll get a peep at the new FEC before then though, especially with the leaks in the wild. Then again I said that last stream so probably best to just ignore me.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

So some people more inquisitive than I did some snooping and it appears the webstore is down because there's going to be a new webstore.

Forge World and the GW webstores are being merged. Not very relevant to AoS, but might be of note with The Old World releasing more resin kits. 

Just looked on Warhammer.com, only "this is where the new website will be" right now but there is one sentence that cought my eye:

Product lifetime support. This support lasts the entire lifetime of current products. If it’s still available on our webstore, we’ll replace whatever needs replacing – free of charge!

Of course GW having great customer service and replacing anything missing or damaged on the sprue is already widely known and nothing new but I don't think it was shown off this clearly before. And this "lifetime support" sounds like it would include more than just that. Just from that sentence it sounds like if you bought a kit build and painted it and years later you lost one of the guys in the unit they would replace it too? The only additional info on there is that a proof of purchase is required.

Of course this sentence doesn't mean anything on its own and the actual terms and conditions will likely restrict what will be possible to replace but will still be interesting to see if its just the same as before or if it will actually be lifetime so including if anything happens after you bought them

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

What a wonderful way to wake up on Halloween, especially since it's snowing over in the Chicagoland area.

28 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

hype-rises.gif

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN! NEXT STOP, FLESH EATER COURTS AND TOMB KINGS PREVIEWS!!!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

51 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Forge World and the GW webstores are being merged. Not very relevant to AoS anymore, but might be of note with The Old World releasing more resin kits (or if some of the ported AoS stuff returns).

It is nice that they put the effor of joining everything, but also to refresh the site. It looks from the pics that everything is looking refreshed and modern.

image.png.05a3302bb585fe715de93868fa62d79f.png

image.png.6f21681ac4ae3f5ea872f2ed7dec53c7.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matrindur said:

Just looked on Warhammer.com, only "this is where the new website will be" right now but there is one sentence that cought my eye:

Of course GW having great customer service and replacing anything missing or damaged on the sprue is already widely known and nothing new but I don't think it was shown off this clearly before. And this "lifetime support" sounds like it would include more than just that. Just from that sentence it sounds like if you bought a kit build and painted it and years later you lost one of the guys in the unit they would replace it too? The only additional info on there is that a proof of purchase is required.

Of course this sentence doesn't mean anything on its own and the actual terms and conditions will likely restrict what will be possible to replace but will still be interesting to see if its just the same as before or if it will actually be lifetime so including if anything happens after you bought them

It will definitely be a case of "if there's something inherently wrong with the thing you bought from us" and not "if you did something wrong to a thing you bought from us".

13 minutes ago, Lich King said:

Any chance of new Terrorgheist or ZD models? The still hold up as good kits so my guess would be no..?

I think there’s a reasonable chance, especially when you consider FEC are like 4 boxes that make multi kits, so they’d probably update more than 4 sprue sets, however ZD is an odd one, they could update it as a byproduct, which I’m turn makes double the money from armies, or leave it as is and separate the terrorG 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Preppikoma said:

There are no Warhammer+ Year 3 minis on the new store 😞 The new search function is superb; e.g., it does provide Aggradon Lancers and Raptadon Hunters after querying

seraphon cavalry

To order the new warhammer+ models you have to login mywarhammer and they should be there waiting for you to order, assuming you have a warhammer+ sub.