The Rumour Thread

9 hours ago, Goatforce said:

I'm really confused why they decided to put another Vengorian Lord in a Christmas box, we already had one of them. Why didn't they use a Vamp on Zombie Dragon or something... :/

This actually just got me thinking... What's going to happen to VLOZD _if_ the shared kit gets updated for FEC? Now that GW is definitely giving some love to the ghouls, it's probably reasonable to expect they will want to uncouple Soulblight and Courts completely, so I'm guessing all the shared models will get a refresh and replacement for FEC.

Will the zombie dragon, for example, then simply get assigned to SBGL as is, or will it get also replaced with yet another, updated kit?

19 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

This actually just got me thinking... What's going to happen to VLOZD _if_ the shared kit gets updated for FEC? Now that GW is definitely giving some love to the ghouls, it's probably reasonable to expect they will want to uncouple Soulblight and Courts completely, so I'm guessing all the shared models will get a refresh and replacement for FEC.

Will the zombie dragon, for example, then simply get assigned to SBGL as is, or will it get also replaced with yet another, updated kit?

This has been a bit of a mystery since they started the whole thing with one kit being shared between several armies. As far as I can tell, none of them have been retired or replaced yet. My suspicion is that they will end up redoing the kits as single faction kits, and one army just keeps on using the old one for a while. For example, if they replaced Hexwraiths with a new sculpt, I think SBGL would probably keep using the old Black Knights model a little while longer before it gets replaced.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

This has been a bit of a mystery since they started the whole thing with one kit being shared between several armies. As far as I can tell, none of them have been retired or replaced yet. My suspicion is that they will end up redoing the kits as single faction kits, and one army just keeps on using the old one for a while. For example, if they replaced Hexwraiths with a new sculpt, I think SBGL would probably keep using the old Black Knights model a little while longer before it gets replaced.

I am with you there. Specially thinkng about the FEC dragon that has sooo many buildable options.

58 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Well, the source is the same guy that shared the first battlerforce image. I agree is very unlikely, but seeing he got the picture earlier than anyone else I would give it some little chances.

He may have been talking about a LGS price? Thats the only way I can see for them to be 150€

Edited by Matrindur

23 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

How many of the 'one kit, multiple factions' are AoS specific? The one that quickly comes to mind for me are WHFB leftovers like Dark Rideres/Doomfire Warlocks.

15 minutes ago, EntMan said:

How many of the 'one kit, multiple factions' are AoS specific? The one that quickly comes to mind for me are WHFB leftovers like Dark Rideres/Doomfire Warlocks.

Dont know about AoS specific but we got the Arkhan/ Mannfred/ Neferata kit too during end times if i remember correctly. Some people consider End Times part of AoS.

Edit: Destruction did get some Mega Gargants that can be used in specific armies. But imho its just some glorified ally rule.

Edited by Gitzdee

10 minutes ago, EntMan said:

None as far as I know, unless you count something like the new Chaos Warriors/Demon Prince which can be built as any of the 4 chaos gods.

53 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I guess that could do for now. Give the FEC some attention for now, get the factions properly separated and move everything that's been shared to SBGL only. We'll see soon enough, I suppose.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, EntMan said:

If I'm not mistaken, here's the list of multi-army kits currently valid in AoS (it's one of my little pleasures to keep AoS and 40k ranges up to date) :

WHB kits :

1. Arkhan/Mannfred/Neferata (OSB/SBGL)
  2. Nagash (OBR/SBGL/Nighthaunts)
  3. Black Knights/Hexwraiths (SBGL/Nighthaunts)
  4. Varfheists/Horror Crypts (SBGL/FEC)
  5. Terrorgheist/Zombie Dragon (SBGL/FEC)
  6. Doomfire Warlocks/Dark Riders (DOK/COS)
  7. Chaos Spawn (BOC/STD/Tzeentch)
  8. Mancrusher Gargant (BOC/Gloomspite Gitz/Sons of Behemat)

AoS kits :

1. Kragnos (every Destro army)
  2. Gaunt Summoner (STD/Tzeentch)
  3. Gaunt Summoner on disc (STD/Tzeentch)
  4. Tzaangor Shaman (Tzeentch/BOC)
  5. Tzaangors (Tzeentch/BOC)
  6. Tzaangors Enlightened (Tzeentch/BOC)
  7. Slaangors Fiendbloods (Slaanesh/BOC)

• Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, Draznak said:

If I'm not mistaken, here's the list of multi-army kits currently valid in AoS (it's one of my little pleasures to keep AoS and 40k ranges up to date) :

WHB kits :

AoS kits :

Thanks. So in terms of kits that make different things for different armies, rather than making one thing that can be used in different armies we have:

Arkhan/Mannfred/Neferata (OSB/SBGL)

Black Knights/Hexwraiths (SBGL/Nighthaunts)

Varfheists/Horror Crypts (SBGL/FEC)

Terrorgheist/Zombie Dragon (SBGL/FEC)

Doomfire Warlocks/Dark Riders (DOK/COS)

And probably/maybe:

Mancrusher Gargant (BOC/Gloomspite Gitz/Sons of Behemat)

23 minutes ago, Draznak said:

WHB kits :

AoS kits :

Add AoS Kits:

1. Gotrek (All Order)
  2. Ellana and Ellathor, Eclipsian Warsages (All Order)
  3. Odo Godswallow (Destruccion army).
  4. Bundo Whalebiter (Destruccion and Order armies).
  5. One-eyes Grunnock (Destruccion and Chaos armies).
  6. Big Drogg Fort-kicka (Destruccion and Death Armies)

Not sure about Regiments of Renown, but they are there, completely legal to be used for other armies.

Edited by Beliman

3 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Not sure about Regiments of Renown, but they are there, completely legal to be used for other armies.

I'm less familiar with the game, especially as a painter, but will these specific regiments still be playable in 4th ? I get the impression that they're just for transition periods between each edition with campaign supplements.

4 minutes ago, Draznak said:

I'm less familiar with the game, especially as a painter, but will these specific regiments still be playable in 4th ? I get the impression that they're just for transition periods between each edition with campaign supplements.

Completely agree. It feels that they are going to disappear, same with mercenaries (even if Bundo & friends are still there).

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Thanks. So in terms of kits that make different things for different armies, rather than making one thing that can be used in different armies we have:

Arkhan/Mannfred/Neferata (OSB/SBGL)

Black Knights/Hexwraiths (SBGL/Nighthaunts)

Varfheists/Horror Crypts (SBGL/FEC)

Terrorgheist/Zombie Dragon (SBGL/FEC)

Doomfire Warlocks/Dark Riders (DOK/COS)

And probably/maybe:

Mancrusher Gargant (BOC/Gloomspite Gitz/Sons of Behemat)

And we all know that Doomfire Warlocks/Dark Riders would be removed from CoS and maybe some of the FEC shared ones as well from FEC.

That would leave everything almost sorted.

With all this multi-army kits talk I've remembered a plot point that Arkhan is not yet resurrected. What if he will be reshaped in Dawnbringers IV? (It will be a generic morghast adjacent hero instead, of course.)

arkhan conspiracy.png

Edited by Sarges
  • LOVE IT! 3

32 minutes ago, Sarges said:

With all this multi-army kits talk I've remembered a plot point that Arkhan is not yet resurrected. What if he will be reshaped in Dawnbringers IV? (It will be a generic morghast adjacent hero instead, of course.)

arkhan conspiracy.png

Man do i hope for that. You have my vote.

The story of Arkhan is probably my favorite of all warhammer and it feels not enough for him to have a miniature the size of a human (ok, he is on a mount, but himself isnt really impressive). Having a bigger body is just logical for generals of death after being dead/reborn. Look at Katakros and Nagash. 
As he already have a link with the morghast, it would be Nice to reinforce that link.

It will be a little bummer because i just got a 3D print to make a proxy for him, if they make a new nice miniature i will have to buy it!

11 minutes ago, rattila said:

Man do i hope for that. You have my vote.

The story of Arkhan is probably my favorite of all warhammer and it feels not enough for him to have a miniature the size of a human (ok, he is on a mount, but himself isnt really impressive). Having a bigger body is just logical for generals of death after being dead/reborn. Look at Katakros and Nagash. 
As he already have a link with the morghast, it would be Nice to reinforce that link.

It will be a little bummer because i just got a 3D print to make a proxy for him, if they make a new nice miniature i will have to buy it!

His old body was destroyed during Broken Realms. Maybe he will actually come back in a new form for Dawnbringers. That would be pretty sweet, actually.

5 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Could this be a Khorne thing?