The Rumour Thread

29 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

What do we expect to be revealed today? I think the Cities of Sigmar models are a good candidate. We don't have much left outside of the stuff that was revealed this weekend right? 

Considering the CoS battle tome said it is playable from Novemenber, yeah, it is a good guess.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think the box with rats has been hinted so many times by Whitefang that it is very unlikely.

think @Trugg the Troggoth Kingmay be asking ‘what if the SCE side of the rumoured 4th Ed box are updated sculpts of the 1st Ed box?’ 

We’re seeing glimpses of both character/story advancement and simple replacement of OG Fatcast.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Souleater said:

think @Trugg the Troggoth Kingmay be asking ‘what if the SCE side of the rumoured 4th Ed box are updated sculpts of the 1st Ed box?’ 

We’re seeing glimpses of both character/story advancement and simple replacement of OG Fatcast.

Oh. Imo that's secured. But maybe not everything from the box, as Ionus is already out. Unless we get another updates Relictor instead.

I think GW would take the chance to clear as much as possible those from the first edition that has multiple warscrolls. Liberators,  Prosecutors, Retributors and Fulminators, in order to reduce how many warscrolls SCE already have.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

It's going to be interesting to see how a revamp of the old Stormcast goes. I'd say Sacrosanct stuff is pretty safe for the time being and the Vanguard units look good with the extra details and more dynamic posing. If it's only going to be the OG releases and Dracoth riders (Vandus is either getting a heroic return and new model or permanently killed off, IMO), then that could be done in a single edition's worth of releases.

-New Liberators (dual kit with new multipart vindictors?)

-Judicators (I really don't see the point of these guys with Vigilors now, but I was thinking the same thing about Liberators before last week, so...)

-Prosecutors w/ variants

-Paladins w/ variants

-Dracoth riders w/ variants

-Stardrake

-Celestant-Prime

-Vandus

and then all the foot characters, some of which could be rolled into kits with multiple options or else dropped where there are already clear Thunderstrike alternatives (Knight-Vexillor and Lord-Relictor, for example). GW has been combining a lot of weapon options into single profiles and we might see something like that with the Paladins becoming a single unit to complement the Annihilators. That would be about on par with the initial Thunderstrike release and take care of the "worst offenders" of the range. If we assume they're going to add stuff from the unopened chambers too, then it would still only take about two editions. I don't think it will take as long as the Primaris stuff has since SCE are only dealing with about half the number of models.

Or maybe it'll just be Liberators and we'll all look back on this and laugh

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I hope the Death focused Dawnbringer book give OBR some love. Every Alliance has a Faction that doesnt appear narratively enough;

Chaos - Skaven and Beasts.

Order - IDK and Fyreslayers.

Destruction - Ogors.

Death - OBR.

Really hope they get a new Morghast Hero, Mortek Archers and another Troop unit.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

It's going to be interesting to see how a revamp of the old Stormcast goes. I'd say Sacrosanct stuff is pretty safe for the time being and the Vanguard units look good with the extra details and more dynamic posing. If it's only going to be the OG releases and Dracoth riders (Vandus is either getting a heroic return and new model or permanently killed off, IMO), then that could be done in a single edition's worth of releases.

-New Liberators (dual kit with new multipart vindictors?)

-Judicators (I really don't see the point of these guys with Vigilors now, but I was thinking the same thing about Liberators before last week, so...)

-Prosecutors w/ variants

-Paladins w/ variants

-Dracoth riders w/ variants

-Stardrake

-Celestant-Prime

-Vandus

and then all the foot characters, some of which could be rolled into kits with multiple options or else dropped where there are already clear Thunderstrike alternatives (Knight-Vexillor and Lord-Relictor, for example). GW has been combining a lot of weapon options into single profiles and we might see something like that with the Paladins becoming a single unit to complement the Annihilators. That would be about on par with the initial Thunderstrike release and take care of the "worst offenders" of the range. If we assume they're going to add stuff from the unopened chambers too, then it would still only take about two editions. I don't think it will take as long as the Primaris stuff has since SCE are only dealing with about half the number of models.

Or maybe it'll just be Liberators and we'll all look back on this and laugh

I don't see them redoing the Stardrake. It's such a massive kit that's less than 10 y/o. It would cost them a lot of ressources to do so.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I hope the Death focused Dawnbringer book give OBR some love. Every Alliance has a Faction that doesnt appear narratively enough;

Destruction - Ogors.

Death - OBR.

Really hope they get a new Morghast Hero, Mortek Archers and another Troop unit.

IDK and Fyreslayers will appear in Book 3 as well as Ogors.

Edited by Ejecutor

15 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I don't see them redoing the Stardrake. It's such a massive kit that's less than 10 y/o. It would cost them a lot of ressources to do so.

And with the new draconith brothers filling a similar niche, I can see the stardrake getting left on the backburner. I'd love a new version since, IMO, it's pretty underwhelming as a big centerpiece, but (again, just my opinion) the only models that really need a do-over are the dracoths and Celestant-Prime. I hate to bring out such a tired comparison, but they really look like something out of WoW or a cheap mobile game (that's trying to look like WoW).

I can't speak for anyone else, but I hope the Sacroscant and Vanguard models stick around. They look good already and different armor styles would help them stand out and keep the army from looking too monotonous.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Ogors and Fyreslayers will have an Army of Renown. IDK seems to be part of the photoshots, but nothing was talked about them in the preview.

Yes I think IDK will be there in the narrative with a further spin on the long hunt title as they take the opportunity to grab souls but don't think we will see new rules for them.

8 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Fyreslayers appeared to be fighting the Idoneth in the trailer (the former aided by the Black Talons?). GW seem quite fond of making the FS vs IDK the AoS equivalent of Dwarf vs Elf grudge matches... or is it just Water vs Fire?

I really like the FS vs IDK matchup, exactly because its not Dwarf vs Elf. It's Fire vs Water, it's Soul-stealers vs Duardin carrying pieces of their god, it's order vs order. But there's no innate hate between either of the factions, just both factions fighting to survive their fate/revive their god.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Destruction - Ogors.

Death - OBR.

DOK is totally forgeten

• Confused 3

Just now, DeLewko said:

News from Reddit, seems possible? Post was removed if it’s not fake 🤪

IMG_2746.jpeg

I have two feelings here.

1 - Tomorrow we would have the page theoldworld.com. Maybe it was posted earlier and the web site says Feb 2024 as well?

2 - A total fake. It is quite easy to fake tweets by editing HTML, so could be a total fake.

• Thanks 1