The Rumour Thread

So, a few takes from that Preview/Warcom article:

• 4 New armies of renown: 
    • The Evergreen Hunt: Sylvaneth. Belthanos can be used as part of this army if you want. It changes the way Sylvaneth play to be more "in your face" than hit&run tactics, with scalating buffs unlocked by running down their target prey.
    • Draconith Skywing: SCE (mounted force). Focus on dragon. Ionus can be used as part of this army if you want
    • The Roving Maw: Mawtribes: Focus on Butchers/Gorgers. They can use mawpits in the battelfield and if a Butcher is using the mawpit, he can throw enemy models in it. If a monster tries to destroy it and fails, the mawpit bites back (1D6 mw or something like that) 
      Spoiler

QVybcvcIHzl2JkqP.jpg

• Lofnir Drotchkeepers.
      Spoiler

Zld0Jt1ATUB4Ys3O.jpg

• Ionus Dragonith is called Cthorak, a dragon that looks for the underworlds of shysh to find the souls of other draconiths and free them from Nagash's grasps.
  • Belthanos: has a ward save, 14 wounds, moves 12". The horn allows near units to run&shoot.
  • Dawnbrigners 2 had a lot of Destruction stuff, Dawnbringers 3 will have a lot for Order. We can expect the same treatment for other books (Death/Chaos? 5 books maybe?).
Edited by Beliman
grammar
  • Thanks 8

11 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Bad : 

• No Plastic Harry the Hammer ? WHERE IS HE GW
  • Nothing else for 40k and TOW for such an anniversary ?
  • Returning range for Bretonnia (but the Archers and maybe Men-at-arms) really show their ages...

As do the mounted knights and honestly anything that didn’t get a revamp.

Well just caught up- the 40k stuff was a bit light, my mate was hoping to see more Necrons.

AoS- Stormcast, although not my thing, looks pretty cool. The Kurnoth Hunter character is very good-I've always liked the Hunters and that is a gorgeous mini. I'm a little sad there wasn't proper [to my mind] Kurnothi, but maybe more welcome in the future, maybe as a Warcry war band or something. 

The Brets- those foot Knights are amazing- I think if you kit bashed them with the older stuff the range would be great and the mounted pegasus is fabulous. If they take this approach with the other factions - a unit and a character in plastic I have higher hopes for ToW.  

Needed more dwarfs mind you...😄

• Like 2

Well, amazing preview, one of the most enternainment I have ever seen, dw3 is a complete blast.

Now is guessing time:

dw4 is going to be death focused, with the comeback of the Summer King. I expect the FeC box announced and minis for sbg and obr.

And the last one is going to be Chaos, with some darkoath kits to complete the Slaves renovation, Khorne with Scylla and Tzeentch.

The final release for the edition is going to be Chaos dwarves, teased in dw5 with a later release like sbg.

And, finally, 4th. We know is Skaven vs Primaris Sce, but man, Khorne is being teased everywhere and were with that old Sce in the first edition box, would be a great edition box. If not there, they are going to be primarized along the edition, I'm sure.

Edited by Ragest

Alright, my review a day later.

40k is whatever. The Stilt Sniper looks ridiculous even for AdMech and as someone who always loved Imotekh's old model, there's something off about this new version I can't place my finger on.

Ionus Cryptborn - I've never been as big into dragons as a lot of people, but I can appreciate why people get excited at any excuse to have another one. This sculpt in particular I can't help but feel is a bit top heavy? It's probably the photography people picking the worse possible angles for shots as usual, but it almost seems like the poor drake is being weight down by Ionus. Both models on their own I think are decent enough. I've seen a lot of "Primaris Chaplain on dragon" comments elsewhere but that was always an issue with the Lord-Relictor. Also nice to see more Anvils of the Heldenhammer love. 7/10 

Belthanos, First Thorn of Kurnoth - Never been a bug person, but the sculpt is nice. The face makes me think of the- well, bugs from Starship Troopers which I guess is a bit of a win? I've always liked the Kurnoth Hunters sculpts, so having a named, bigger version of them is cool. Blowing the horn is a nice throwback to Orion's model. Even though it's not the big Kurnothi wave people were hoping for, at least we're seeing a wink and a nod towards that. 8/10

Dawnbringers III - Integrating the latest Warcry stuff into the narrative and AoS rules proper is a nice touch. So far the story hasn't blown me away, even though none of it's bad. The Army of Renown for Fyreslayers being tied to a specific sub-faction - even if it just ends up being the name - is a bit of an L in my mind, especially compared to the others we've had thus far, but not a major bugbear. Will have to wait for the book proper to drop to give an opinion.

Lord on Pegasus - Cool, exactly what it says on the tin. No more, no less. 9/10.

Handmaiden of the Lady - Probably my favourite model of the whole stream honestly, despite not being as bombastic as some of the other reveals. She's the perfect example of having a gorgeous model without having to go insane arbitrarily stapling things to her because DETAIL. 10/10.

Knights of the Realm on Foot - I'm in two minds about these. I've realised overnight what my problem with them is; they're so busy that they look more like GRAIL Knights on Foot, rather than the supposed most 'basic' Knights (of the Realm). They're definitely not bad, but I'm left questioning the design choices, especially when the pricey resin Hero/Lord models look less OTT detailed than these grunts? 6.75/10.

Overall pretty good show. Not the best they've done but definitely not the worst.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4

Imotekh Is such a letdown. His new model is too similar to the regular Necron overlord, both design wise and because he now has the generic Necron color scheme. The older model's paint scheme helped him stand out, and his "face" gave the impression of a scowl with how it was hidden behind his shoulder.

Edited by Captaniser
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ragest said:

Well, amazing preview, one of the most enternainment I have ever seen, dw3 is a complete blast.

Now is guessing time:

dw4 is going to be death focused, with the comeback of the Summer King. I expect the FeC box announced and minis for sbg and obr.

And the last one is going to be Chaos, with some darkoath kits to complete the Slaves renovation, Khorne with Scylla and Tzeentch.

The final release for the edition is going to be Chaos dwarves, teased in dw5 with a later release like sbg.

And, finally, 4th. We know is Skaven vs Primaris Sce, but man, Khorne is being teased everywhere and were with that old Sce in the first edition box, would be a great edition box. If not there, they are going to be primarized along the edition, I'm sure.

Imo Death would be the very last book.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SilentSentinel said:

I need to stop looking at Ionus, I can feel my decision to only get Belthanos' Dawnbringers box shifting to 'why not get both?'

Honestly, with Stormbringer giving you two dragons for 33€ the box has to be tooo cheap for me to make sense and purchase it now vs waiting for its release on its own.

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Imo Death would be the very last book.

We have 6 months out of the roadmap until 4th, FeC is getting mapped fot winter and i think previewed the next month (the spooki preview), so we are still missing at least 3 months. Chaos is there to fill that gap, and is a better conclusion to the campaign centered to the chrusades, because Chaos are a classic villian for a final battle and Ushoran have 0 relation with cities.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Honestly, with Stormbringer giving you two dragons for 33€ the box has to be tooo cheap for me to make sense and purchase it now vs waiting for its release on its own.

Unfortunately Stormbringer isn't available here in Australia otherwise yeah that's a pretty good way of getting some extra stormdrakes. If it's priced similarly to Trugs box which is $197 from my regular store I'll probably consider getting it.

Based on there still being a decent amount stock of the other Dawnbringer boxes I can't see it selling out too quickly so I probably don't necessarily have to get both at launch, I'll probably get Belthanus first and Ionus later.

Edited by SilentSentinel

23 minutes ago, Ragest said:

We have 6 months out of the roadmap until 4th, FeC is getting mapped fot winter and i think previewed the next month (the spooki preview), so we are still missing at least 3 months. Chaos is there to fill that gap, and is a better conclusion to the campaign centered to the chrusades, because Chaos are a classic villian for a final battle and Ushoran have 0 relation with cities.

We don't know much about Ushoran. It could not make too much sense now, but imo it would make sense once the upcoming books would be released.

My point is the following. CoS book was released before the first book, and included some crucial info to understand some of the characters, and I think something similar would happen with FEC. We would have the BT from the big box, that would explain some stuff about Ushoran and the the closing Dawnbringer book based mainly on Death but closing all the other narratives.

It's worth noting the Death-focused book is unlikely to include anything new mechanically for FEC, precisely because the new FEC book is probably coming out soon. FEC already got their new thing for Dawnbringers in book 1, so while they might feature in the narrative you're more likely to see other Death factions getting actual new minis for whichever of DB4 or DB5 will be the 'Death' book of the series.

I suspect Ossiarchs will get some good new stuff, personally, though that's pure guesswork on my part.

• Like 5

My guess is book 4 will be death to tie in with the FeC release but that the book won't have any FeC rules or minis in much  the same way as books 2 and 3 don't have anything for cities. There's 5 factions left to reach the magic 12. Could we see Ossiarch and Soulblight in book 4 then Darkoath heavy slaves with 3 or 4 kits , Khorne and maybe a skaven tease in book 5? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Could it be the lady of ruin? Kragnos is more of a Destruction character than only Kruleboyz. Could be something similar.

It could be, although Kragnos is tied very closely to the Kruelboyz narratively as they use his image in their iconography. So it would likely be something like that, which would feel like a change from the perception of what we expect from that character. Now I am hoping for a female rat in traditional chaos armour.  

• Like 1

It's a bit nonsense but, I realised that the old Start Collecting of Stormcasts is named "Thundrstrike Brotherhood" like their new Thunderstrike armour so...

What if the main models to be updated with new armour are the content of this box? I mean, we already saw Liberators/Vindictors for RoR, and Ionus got a new model in the preview. Vandus could get his new miniature according to the actual lore, so just a few Venators, Paladins as Winged Vigilors and Anihilators respectively, and we are done!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Trugg the Troggoth King said:

It's a bit nonsense but, I realised that the old Start Collecting of Stormcasts is named "Thundrstrike Brotherhood" like their new Thunderstrike armour so...

What if the main models to be updated with new armour are the content of this box? I mean, we already saw Liberators/Vindictors for RoR, and Ionus got a new model in the preview. Vandus could get his new miniature according to the actual lore, so just a few Venators, Paladins as Winged Vigilors and Anihilators respectively, and we are done!

I think the box with rats has been hinted so many times by Whitefang that it is very unlikely.